Thread Tools
Dec 09, 2011, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill
Avi Rulz,

'Ajbaker' suggested a motor just few pages back on page#751, Post#11255

https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001224084

And tend to agree with him, looks like right motor to use to me and the price is right too!
When (not if, WHEN!) my stock motor fails, I'll get one of those or similar.

B!
According to the data (unless I am reading it wrong... which I do quite a bit), this motor will give me a max of 183watts with a 6" prop.
http://www.flybrushless.com/motor/view/559
Anything thats gonna give me more power that you guys would recommend for the EZ*??
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2011, 03:23 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing
well it really comes down to this IMHO.

3) put a carbon rod down the fuse to make it rigid. my bixler has the groove for it, but didn't come with the rod. WHY???!!!
Because that slot was designed as the location of the long wire antenna for planes equipped with XX MHz radio systems.

Ted
Dec 09, 2011, 05:59 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomracing
well it really comes down to this IMHO.


3) put a carbon rod down the fuse to make it rigid. my bixler has the groove for it, but didn't come with the rod. WHY???!!!
If you use a 2.4 tx/rx then use a cf rod in the groove. If you use 72mhz or another with a long antenna then you use a fiberglass tube in that grove and run the antenna wire through it and out the back....aka Easy Star.

If you run a 72mhz antenna through cf it will poo-poo* your range.


* high tech description
Dec 09, 2011, 06:03 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
Because that slot was designed as the location of the long wire antenna for planes equipped with XX MHz radio systems.

Ted
They don't make a xx mhz radio system.
Dec 09, 2011, 06:10 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
They don't make a xx mhz radio system.
Youse ain't seen ma still, there, Joisey Boy!

Ted
Dec 09, 2011, 06:20 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
Youse ain't seen ma still, there, Joisey Boy!

Ted
Oh, that kinda radio. Maybe I cans stop on by fer a snort inspection of the components.
Dec 09, 2011, 06:27 PM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Oh, that kinda radio. Maybe I cans stop on by fer a snort inspection of the components.
Hospitality abounds here for all but revenooors, commies and scallywags.

Ted
Dec 09, 2011, 06:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATION_RULZ
According to the data (unless I am reading it wrong... which I do quite a bit), this motor will give me a max of 183watts with a 6" prop.
http://www.flybrushless.com/motor/view/559
Anything thats gonna give me more power that you guys would recommend for the EZ*??
I haven't measured power on mine. But that Turnigy 2835-3900KV that I mentioned earlier, turns 21,100 RPM on the bench with a 11.1V, 2200mAh GensAce LiPo battery, a 40A ESC, and a three-blade Master Airscrew 6x4 prop.

And with that combination, it will climb straight up out of sight.

I'm pretty sure it's drawing more than 183W while it's doing it.

OTOH when I treat it more gently, I've gotten a 26-minute flight on it without running out of battery, and doing some slow climbs and a few stunts.
Dec 09, 2011, 06:58 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
I haven't measured power on mine. But that Turnigy 2835-3900KV that I mentioned earlier, turns 21,100 RPM on the bench with a 11.1V, 2200mAh GensAce LiPo battery, a 40A ESC, and a three-blade Master Airscrew 6x4 prop.

And with that combination, it will climb straight up out of sight.

I'm pretty sure it's drawing more than 183W while it's doing it.

OTOH when I treat it more gently, I've gotten a 26-minute flight on it without running out of battery, and doing some slow climbs and a few stunts.
At what throttle setting for the 21000 rpm?

I'm starting to wonder if that is really a 3900kv motor or the manufacture is rating it overly optimistic.
Dec 09, 2011, 07:48 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarHopper44
When you're posting, & click the 'Manage Attachments' button, browse to & select the pic you wanta post, then hit Upload. After it/they do, it'll show you a thumbnail under 'Current Attachments'....and among other choices there's a panel for entering a Description for each pic.

That what you're talking about? Or how you add "I can haz chezburgr?!?' to one?
THANX. Uderstood
Dec 09, 2011, 07:54 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
II know it's been covered here, but i am going to ask any way{poor memory}I know that foam tac is a good crack filler, but,
whats the procedure on sticking two fuse halves together [first time using this stuff}
Dec 09, 2011, 08:00 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
II know it's been covered here, but i am going to ask any way{poor memory}I know that foam tac is a good crack filler, but,
whats the procedure on sticking two fuse halves together [first time using this stuff}
Use regular medium ca and save the foam tac for something else.
Dec 09, 2011, 08:17 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Use regular medium ca and save the foam tac for something else.
Explain why please. Would it be a giant pain in the arse to use for fuse halves. I thought ca was to brittle. I want to use something that i can peel apart later if i ave to.
Dec 09, 2011, 08:30 PM
Limited flyer
Limited flyer's Avatar
SHOULD have made this one post but, I just got my self a vimeo account.how do i put a vid on the forum here, so's i can shows yall some flight footage.
Dec 09, 2011, 08:44 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
Explain why please. Would it be a giant pain in the arse to use for fuse halves. I thought ca was to brittle. I want to use something that i can peel apart later if i ave to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer
SHOULD have made this one post but, I just got my self a vimeo account.how do i put a vid on the forum here, so's i can shows yall some flight footage.
Just copy and paste the link from Vimeo here and it will show up.

CA works fine on this type foam. I have had several EZ Stars and SkyS planes over the years and never had to cut one open. If I HAD to I still could and just use ca to glue it back. CA is brittle in some applications like mounting motors but works well in joining the fuse. Glue that expands like Gorilla glue has a tendency to "push" the joint open as it cures. You could actually just tape the fuse together and it'll would just fine. Don't over think this. Get it together and get it in the air. If you are new at this then chances are you will smash the crap out of the plane learning to fly and get a new fuse anyway before wanting to open it up for something. Do what you feel is best with any advise given. There are many fine ways to do it.

Oh, also...ca is what Multiplex recommends to glue the EZ together. Been working fine for years.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 09:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 08:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM