Thread Tools
Sep 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
StarHopper44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
...Whilst we are at it some advice on reversing a motor shaft would not go astray either.
Check this, see if it'll be a help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=D4UKWvTHX1I

Different guy, longer version:
Reversing the shaft on a motor (9 min 14 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2011, 10:36 AM
Registered User
Hey guys,

Two questions:

1. Are people using prop savers on their Bixlers or not really needed since this is a pusher prop?

2. Any links for adding gyros to a Bixler?

Thanks,

Steve
www.ilovefpv.com
Sep 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Space is the answer
ozair's Avatar
[QUOTE=StarHopper44;19425036]Check this, see if it'll be a help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=D4UKWvTHX1I

Different guy, longer version:


Thanks SH, but Captain Atomics(CA) version is much better than RCFoamFighters(RCFF).

CA gives proper details on grub screw and C-clip but RCFF do not.
Sep 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Space is the answer
ozair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefpv
Hey guys,

Two questions:

1. Are people using prop savers on their Bixlers or not really needed since this is a pusher prop?

2. Any links for adding gyros to a Bixler?

Thanks,

Steve
www.ilovefpv.com
You do not need prop savers and if you need Gyros contact Flypoppa he is the resident expert on this thread for those.
Sep 26, 2011, 10:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
SH,

You need to spell your YouTube Chanel correct.
You also need a shave and some Grecian 2000, I use it its great stuff
Maybe it's YOUR spelling skills at fault... hmmmm?

Grey is great! Buddy of mine was bugging me to color my silver hair back when I was 45. Asked a really cute, young checkout clerk: wouldn't I look better if I dyed my hair? She looked at me, smiled and said, "nnnope!". He never mentioned it again in the last 7 years.

We grey-haired old farts don't NEED no stinkin' Grecian to be hot!
Sep 26, 2011, 11:02 AM
Space is the answer
ozair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Maybe it's YOUR spelling skills at fault... hmmmm?

Grey is great! Buddy of mine was bugging me to color my silver hair back when I was 45. Asked a really cute, young checkout clerk: wouldn't I look better if I dyed my hair? She looked at me, smiled and said, "nnnope!". He never mentioned it again in the last 7 years.

We grey-haired old farts don't NEED no stinkin' Grecian to be hot!
Hey erkqy, it should be Starhoppers Chanel NOT Starhoppens Chanel, might be time for a visit to the optometrist.

Anyway, this so called young checkout clerk just did not want to hurt your fealings mate.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
Hey erkqy, it should be Starhoppers Chanel NOT Starhoppens Chanel, might be time for a visit to the optometrist.

Anyway, this so called young checkout clerk just did not want to hurt your fealings mate.
Har... I was referencing the "chanel" spelling.

I'm tall, handsome and was a serious cyclist at the time. Chicks dig me. I'm also modest. It was also in Santa Cruz, CA., where "natural" age is preferred.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
StarHopper44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
Hey erkqy, it should be Starhoppers Chanel NOT Starhoppens Chanel, might be time for a visit to the optometrist.

Anyway, this so called young checkout clerk just did not want to hurt your fealings mate.
'Starhopper' was tooken at U-Toobz when I signed up, so, ~hoppen it wuz. Just think of it as an r that came back to earth & landed.

And only girlies (or imitations) try to tell a guy how he oughta be dressin' out.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:38 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
You do not need prop savers and if you need Gyros contact Flypoppa he is the resident expert on this thread for those.
That's right. Gyros are for girlies. Real men can fly their models in all sorts of weather conditions.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:43 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozair
FP I think you should have a look at this video which I just found on YouTube about reversing motor shafts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTaCLiouLc0

I won't make any comments about Captain Atomic thats presenting it.
Well that's what I said without all the teccy bits. Been there, done it, and got a few old CD/DVD drives.
P.S. Is the cir clip really needed? Not if you have grub screws.
P.P.S. The Bixler motor has not got a cir clip.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:48 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Grecian for grey hair? Be nice just to have some hair.
Sep 26, 2011, 12:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Grecian for grey hair? Be nice just to have some hair.
But you DO have a good sense of humor. Women like that more than hair!
Sep 26, 2011, 12:46 PM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
But you DO have a good sense of humor. Women like that more than hair!
That's what my wife tells me. She tells people that we have been married for 49 years and I keep her laughing.
To me 49 years of marriage is beyond a joke.
Sep 26, 2011, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
That's what my wife tells me. She tells people that we have been married for 49 years and I keep her laughing.
To me 49 years of marriage is beyond a joke.
Congrats on the 49 years. I'm getting married next month and I PRAY for 49 years of marriage, 'cuz that would mean I'd live 'till I'm 101. Sorry to the rest for the OT.
Sep 26, 2011, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa
Well that's what I said without all the teccy bits. Been there, done it, and got a few old CD/DVD drives.
P.S. Is the cir clip really needed? Not if you have grub screws.
P.P.S. The Bixler motor has not got a cir clip.
My standard Bixler BL motor HAS a cir clip, no grub screws. I was going to replace the motor shaft with a 3mm hardened drill blank, but found that the original shaft is a press fit to the 'bell' of the motor and not easily removed, i.e., without probable damage to the bell itself. I ended up simply cutting off the orignal shaft at the point that it steps down from 3mm to 2.1mm and used a collet style 3mm prop adapter.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 09:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 08:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM