Jan 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(

swiss post "sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Evidently, because of the danger that LiPos present, they are no longer allowed to be shipped by air. So, if you order even 1 tiny LiPo, you order choices are EMS or International (Registered) Air Mail (Swiss Post). SP sucks big time. It will take about 2 months to get your order if you use them. The email from them below reflects the information above. So, be warned. Happy Flying to all.
AJ

Dear AJBaker,

We apologize sincerely for inconvenience caused.

Please kindly note that we only ship orders by Swiss post if shipping method is International (Registered) Air Mail. We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you do not want order to be shipped by Swiss post, you are kindly advised not to use shipping type of International (Registered) Air Mail for your future purchase.

Thank you for your support and kindly understanding, Arnold Baker.

*Due to high volume of daily emails, it may take 3 - 7 days before we read and reply your email.Thank you for your patience during this demanding time*

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best Regards,
Jenny
Customer Service Support
HobbyKing.com

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, please delete this e-mail and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. If you are not the addressee, please do not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
"SAVE PAPER - THINK GREEN!”
“Help us improve our service. Click here to complete the customer survey”
Hi AJ I agree with you that Swiss Post SUCKS my last order to HK was 3 lipos and 10 pairs of knock off deans connectors.My order was shipped by swiss post it actually took about 3 weeks to get it.I think I got lucky and my order caught a plane quick did not sit for ever like usual.but any way this is just one more reason to buy lypos from Hobby Partz they are local and they have free shipping.and their prices are almost as cheep as HK.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
Not Again !!
I would like to thank all the guy's for the great mods I did most of them and had a very successful test flight. I am now going to put my FPV gear in it and see how it handles the weight . Oh I liked it so much I ordered another one .. LOL Here is a short video of the end of the test flight ..

Sky Surfer test Flight (2 min 9 sec)
Jan 28, 2011, 10:34 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
Hi AJ I agree with you that Swiss Post SUCKS my last order to HK was 3 lipos and 10 pairs of knock off deans connectors.My order was shipped by swiss post it actually took about 3 weeks to get it.I think I got lucky and my order caught a plane quick did not sit for ever like usual.but any way this is just one more reason to buy lypos from Hobby Partz they are local and they have free shipping.and their prices are almost as cheep as HK.
If HK was to get more stock in their USA warehouse it would help us out more.
I have a few Hobby Partz bats also. They preform well.
Jan 28, 2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
I would like to thank all the guy's for the great mods I did most of them and had a very successful test flight. I am now going to put my FPV gear in it and see how it handles the weight . Oh I liked it so much I ordered another one .. LOL Here is a short video of the end of the test flight ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2r1nW6ohE
Congratulations on the successful test flight. Isn't it a fine flyer right out the box? Thanks for sharing the video. Keep us posted on your progress with FPV.

Bill
Jan 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Great job Fred. Looks like you have been doing this for a bit....I was about to suggest you get some more altitude but after the low inverted pass I figured "this boy knows what he's doing"..
Way to go!
Jan 29, 2011, 12:08 AM
Argue for your limitations
Thread OP

It is fun when they fly.

Quote:
Nicely done. It sure is nice to see the SkyS fly in the hands of an experienced RC pilot. It is clear that you are easily in your comfort zone. Very cool low level inverted pass, too.
AJ
Jan 29, 2011, 12:43 AM

3M Hinge Tape

When I put the 3M hinge tape on, do you put it on the top and bottom of the control surfaces or just on one side?
Jan 29, 2011, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtoguy View Post
When I put the 3M hinge tape on, do you put it on the top and bottom of the control surfaces or just on one side?
I assume you mean 3M Extreme Tape or 3M Storage tape. Normal packing tape will eventually fail. That said, you hinge the bottom and the top. The trick is not to bind the hinging. What I do is flip the aileron or elevator up on top of the wing and apply the 3M tape to aileron then carefully align the aileron so it's flush with the wing the working from the center out apply the tape to the wing and finish wrapping and apply the tape to the wing. Then position the aileron on the bottom the wing and apply the tape. You will now have flexible hinge that will not bind nor become detached.

Bill
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 29, 2011 at 01:01 AM.
Jan 29, 2011, 12:52 AM

Anser found...

Quote:
Prof100 answered my questions in post 1410. Just missed it first time looking for the answer. Thanks.
Jan 29, 2011, 12:55 AM

3M Extreme Tape

Quote:
Prof100 answered my questions in post 1410. Just missed it first time looking for the answer. Thanks.
Using 3M extreme tape, your instructions are very clear. Thanks Bill.

Paul
Jan 29, 2011, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Using 3M extreme tape, your instructions are very clear. Thanks Bill.

Paul
I have used the 3M tape on planes that are three years old. You just can't leave the Xtreme tape be exposed to UV for a long time. That's the main advantage of the 3M STORAGE TAPE.

Bill
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Jan 29, 2011, 01:22 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf2r1nW6ohE
Isn't it just the sweetest flying plane ever
Jan 29, 2011, 01:30 AM
Not Again !!
Thanks fellas .. Been doing this since 1979 and still love it to day and still learning .
It is a cool bird. Got the FPV finished up tonight hope to try it out tomorrow .
Jan 29, 2011, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Thanks fellas .. Been doing this since 1979 and still love it to day and still learning .
It is a cool bird. Got the FPV finished up tonight hope to try it out tomorrow .
Fred,

Make sure you bring the image stabilized HD camera you have.

Bill
Jan 29, 2011, 09:56 AM
Argue for your limitations
Thread OP
done.
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 29, 2011 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply