Jan 14, 2011, 10:18 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I just checked Walmart on line. No store visits.
Hi Bill.
Just run out into the woods with antlers on your head the the hunters will send you a few shafts.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2011, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Hi Bill.
Just run out into the woods with antlers on your head the the hunters will send you a few shafts.
That's one way to get some CF arrows. However, I prefer to go to my local high end kite mfg. shop that has a range of CF for sale at good prices.

Bill
Jan 14, 2011, 10:48 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
That's one way to get some CF arrows. However, I prefer to go to my local high end kite mfg. shop that has a range of CF for sale at good prices.

Bill
Here's a dozen that would cost like 4.10 each. We could talk aj into buying into the "deal" and ship them out to those who needed a spar upgrade.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Easton-Powerflig...QQcmdZViewItem
Jan 14, 2011, 11:50 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:

Bill
Alas Bill, we don't all live close to a high end kite mfg. shop but IMO most of us do live close to a Walmart store. Was just trying to help out a fellow modeler that was having a problem finding a reasonably priced CF tube.....guess I was wrong to post in your forum...sorry...
Jan 15, 2011, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
Alas Bill, we don't all live close to a high end kite mfg. shop but IMO most of us do live close to a Walmart store. Was just trying to help out a fellow modeler that was having a problem finding a reasonably priced CF tube.....guess I was wrong to post in your forum...sorry...
No need to get rude. It's not my forum.

The CF arrows are a great idea. I just happen to be lucky that I pass the kite shop on the way to work. They even sell blems for $1.50 for 1 meter long 8 mm tubes and joiners. Perfect for scratchbuilts. Trust me though, if I didn't have this as a resource I would be using CF arrow shafts like were found on ebay or Walmart for spars and fuselage support. I hate paying inflated prices at local hobby shops.
Jan 15, 2011, 01:25 AM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
No need to get rude. It's not my forum.

The CF arrows are a great idea. I just happen to be lucky that I pass the kite shop on the way to work. They even sell blems for $1.50 for 1 meter long 8 mm tubes and joiners. Perfect for scratchbuilts. Trust me though, if I didn't have this as a resource I would be using CF arrow shafts like were found on ebay or Walmart for spars and fuselage support. I hate paying inflated prices at local hobby shops.
Actually, maybe I overreacted and certainly meant no rudeness toward you or anyone else on here, but to me "rude" is coming in and insinuating that what I posted was in error.....

Quote:
...I just looked up arrows at Walmart and the prices for four were over $100. Most were around $130. I found no $4 arrows of any sort.
I guess "rude" is in the eye of the reader.....take care and have a great day....
Jan 15, 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Hi Bill.
Ahhh. The solution to the high cost of shipping. Hunter Air Delivery.
Jan 15, 2011, 02:14 PM
AMA16634...Just Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
Ahhh. The solution to the high cost of shipping. Hunter Air Delivery.
lol.....good one....you've been HAD!
Jan 15, 2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brner View Post
lol.....good one....you've been HAD!
I was at my local Walmart today and the CF arrows must be a regional thing. No $4 CF arrows in this store. They did have IPOD ear buds and I picked up a set, some pomegrantes and Logitech mous.
Jan 15, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
I was at my local Walmart today and the CF arrows must be a regional thing. No $4 CF arrows in this store. They did have IPOD ear buds and I picked up a set, some pomegrantes and Logitech mous.
The bow hunting season may figure in to the arrow equation. I thought maybe they sold "blanks" with no point or feathers. Not being an archer I can only speculate.

My spar seems to have thicker walls than some of the early SkyS spars - maybe the manufacturer has fixed the thin spar wall issue and moved on. Maybe this is not an issue for those who purchased the v2 or later stock.
Last edited by garymcc; Jan 15, 2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: grammar
Jan 15, 2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
The bow hunting season may figure in to the arrow equation. I thought maybe they sold "blanks" with no point or feathers. Not being an archer I can only speculate.

Seeig how my spar seems to have thicker walls than some of the early SkyS spars, maybe the manufacturer has fixed the thin spar wall issue and moved on. Maybe this is not an issue for those that purchased the v2 or later stock.
True, the V2 with CF spar with a thicker wall may be strong enough.

I am a belt and suspender guy. I built up a second wing with an additional 3 MM spar.

Bill
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 15, 2011 at 03:04 PM.
Jan 15, 2011, 06:51 PM

Nose Repair Help

My Sky Surfer is getting Beginner's Nose- the front end is getting a bit distorted and spongy. Any suggestions for cosmetic repair and strengthening?

Thanks.

Clay
Jan 15, 2011, 08:41 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfeld View Post
My Sky Surfer is getting Beginner's Nose- the front end is getting a bit distorted and spongy. Any suggestions for cosmetic repair and strengthening?

Thanks.

Clay
After you steam it to get it straight again the best you can, you can use either reinforced tape or Gorilla tape which comes in colors.

If your fuse is real bad at the nose you can use bamboo skewers left and right through the foam for support.

This isn't a SkySurfer, it's a Wild Hawk clone. I used gorilla tape on the nose and belly to save the foam from damage. I used this to teach my son to fly.

Note: All this tape will add nose weight to the plane so COG will have to be checked and adjusted for. Hopefully just moving the battery back some will suffice.
Jan 15, 2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
After you steam it to get it straight again the best you can, you can use either reinforced tape or Gorilla tape which comes in colors.

If your fuse is real bad at the nose you can use bamboo skewers left and right through the foam for support.

This isn't a SkySurfer, it's a Wild Hawk clone. I used gorilla tape on the nose and belly to save the foam from damage. I used this to teach my son to fly.

Note: All this tape will add nose weight to the plane so COG will have to be checked and adjusted for. Hopefully just moving the battery back some will suffice.
Thanks, Gene. I'll give it a try!
Jan 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
What is a good method for steaming?
Quote:
This isn't a SkySurfer, it's a Wild Hawk clone.
Even the clones have clones. That is funny.

Quick Reply