Thread Tools
Nov 25, 2010, 03:32 PM
Team Daedalus
Wolveslayr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Todd,

If you snap a boom you have bigger problems to fix. I would just run a piece of CF tube from the tail to the nose.

As for servos you can make any of the typical servos fit with a hobby knife in less than five minutes.
Thanks Prof100, That's what I got in my EZ*'s (3) I want to apologize to this group for being a bit of a hot head last night. That's not me. I love hobbies and they all have their quirks we have to work around. I got 15 years doing cars, electric, nitro you name it. Again sincere apologies. Appears to be a very nice EZ clone.

I'm gonna put a 2200kv HeadsRUp(?) 30 amp turnigy and one of many 2200 batteries.

Should I trust the stickers or are the control rods glued in?

Again, apologies and hope to contribute here. I will start this assembly tomorrow.

Also, the washers I read were in the nose came in a bag so I can shore up my washing machines balance with them (lol).

AJ, my apologies abound, thanks for turning me on to this! Really thanks!

I love the canopy notch with magnets. Nice touch.

Todd
Just need to learn how to fly with ailerons (LOL)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2010, 03:37 PM
Team Daedalus
Wolveslayr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
I give Todd a week and it will look like this.
Dang Gene I'm trying to make some new friends here!

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

OZ
Nov 25, 2010, 03:44 PM
Team Daedalus
Wolveslayr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
I give Todd a week and it will look like this.
Hey, believe it or not that Easy flys straight and true. I kid you not!

My piloting skills may be suspect but I can patch together the ugliest of the uglies!

Hmm, so why do I keep buying new planes?

Todd
Nov 25, 2010, 04:12 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr
Dang Gene I'm trying to make some new friends here!

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

OZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr
Hey, believe it or not that Easy flys straight and true. I kid you not!

My piloting skills may be suspect but I can patch together the ugliest of the uglies!

Hmm, so why do I keep buying new planes?

Todd
No sweat Todd, we're all friends here.

Besides, they all look the same at 500ft.
Nov 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr
Thanks Prof100, That's what I got in my EZ*'s (3) I want to apologize to this group for being a bit of a hot head last night. That's not me. I love hobbies and they all have their quirks we have to work around. I got 15 years doing cars, electric, nitro you name it. Again sincere apologies. Appears to be a very nice EZ clone.

I'm gonna put a 2200kv HeadsRUp(?) 30 amp turnigy and one of many 2200 batteries.

Should I trust the stickers or are the control rods glued in?

Again, apologies and hope to contribute here. I will start this assembly tomorrow.

Also, the washers I read were in the nose came in a bag so I can shore up my washing machines balance with them (lol).

AJ, my apologies abound, thanks for turning me on to this! Really thanks!

I love the canopy notch with magnets. Nice touch.

Todd
Just need to learn how to fly with ailerons (LOL)
Todd,

As said before, we are all friends. i have my less than stellar days where I impersonate my evil twin and post things that in hindsight I wish I had not.

You are going to enjoy the Skysurfer.

Bill
Nov 25, 2010, 04:30 PM
Team Daedalus
Wolveslayr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
No sweat Todd, we're all friends here.

Besides, they all look the same at 500ft.
500 FEET!!!

Dang, I thought you all said 50 FEET!!

So now we know the rest of the story.

Paul Harvey
I kid you not
Last edited by Wolveslayr; Nov 25, 2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edit from the beyond
Nov 27, 2010, 12:39 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Stocking the SkyS


The negotiations are getting closer. The big challenge is not the price, but the language. It looks like we agree that I will get 1 carton (12) of Sky Surfers V2 Arf BL for $480 + $30 shipping. So, I will sell them for $44 (plus actual shipping costs) and make a whole $1.50 on each plane. If I live to be 211 years old, I will have a nice nest egg. I have 7 of them sold already. But, don't everyone send me money all at once. I have to make sure that they really are as advertised V2 & BL. But, if you want to get on the list, you can PM me and I will add you to the list. Again, the transaction is not finished with them until I give them my money and I get the planes. She said I would get them in 5-7 days (I'll believe that when I see it). So, things are moving along great. And, maybe BEVRC will get some planes in, too. Obviously, this is a courtesy deal for me just so we don't have to deal with BH. She said I could stock any number of parts that I wanted, but the minimum of each item would be 12 parts. I don't plan on going into business, so that does not effect the current plan IF BEVRC gets stocked up.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Nov 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: grammar
Nov 27, 2010, 12:55 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
The negotiations are getting closer. The big challenge is not the price, but the language. It looks like we agree that I will get 1 carton (12) of Sky Surfers V2 Arf BL for $480 + $30 shipping. So, I will sell them for $44 (plus actual shipping costs) and make a whole $1.50 on each plane. If I live to be 211 years old, I will have a nice nest egg. I have 7 of them sold already. But, don't everyone send me money all at once. I have to make sure that they really are as advertised V2 & BL. But, if you want to get on the list, you can PM me and I will add you to the list. Again, the transaction is not finished with them until I give them my money and I get the planes. She said I would get them in 5-7 days (I'll believe that when I see it). So, things are moving along great. And, maybe BEVRC will get some planes in, too. Obviously, this is a courtesy deal for me just so we don't have to deal with BH. She said I could stock any number of parts that I wanted, but the minimum of each item would be 12 parts. I don't plan on going into business, so that does not effect the current plan IF BEVRC gets stocked up.
AJ
AJ,

Thanks for doing all the work for us. I do, however, have a suggestion. You need to establish a rule that you are not going to warranty the planes. So, if J Power sends you some stinkers and let's say, I get one, I would not expect you to warranty the plane.

By the way, are you dealing directly with the factory (i.e., J-Power) in China or the Exporter in Illinois?

Bill
Nov 27, 2010, 01:26 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Money problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
AJ,

Thanks for doing all the work for us. I do, however, have a suggestion. You need to establish a rule that you are not going to warranty the planes. So, if J Power sends you some stinkers and let's say, I get one, I would not expect you to warranty the plane.

By the way, are you dealing directly with the factory (i.e., J-Power) in China or the Exporter in Illinois?

Bill
I am working with the largest wholesaler/distributor in China (at least, that is what they claim). I have dealt with them years ago on computer stuff and found them to be very reliable. I don't have any idea how well they handle complaints, faulty merchandise, DOA's, etc. because I have never had a problem with them. Anyhow, that is all the info I have on them. Oh, another problem just popped up. It is very difficult to pay them. I have a choice of T/T (whatever that is), moneygram, or Telegram. NO paypal. So, I have to handle that this weekend, too.
AJ
Nov 27, 2010, 01:36 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I am working with the largest wholesaler/distributor in China (at least, that is what they claim). I have dealt with them years ago on computer stuff and found them to be very reliable. I don't have any idea how well they handle complaints, faulty merchandise, DOA's, etc. because I have never had a problem with them. Anyhow, that is all the info I have on them. Oh, another problem just popped up. It is very difficult to pay them. I have a choice of T/T (whatever that is), moneygram, or Telegram. NO paypal. So, I have to handle that this weekend, too.
AJ
AJ,

TT is telegraphic transfer.

http://www.smartchinasourcing.com/pa...d-payment.html

By the way, version 1 or version 2 is OK with me. V2 is preferred but either will fly the same.

Bill
Nov 27, 2010, 02:22 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Everybody wants a % of the action.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
AJ,

TT is telegraphic transfer.

http://www.smartchinasourcing.com/pa...d-payment.html

By the way, version 1 or version 2 is OK with me. V2 is preferred but either will fly the same.

Bill
Thanks for the link. It makes sense. I bear 100% of the risk. I called my bank and they said I had to come in the branch to make the transfer. The guy on the phone (Wells Fargo) was not real clear on the charges because I have a very large balance with them. He seemed to think that it would cost me $30 (gulp) to make the transfer. Heck, moneygram would only charge me $15. Anyhow, I have a hard time believing they (Wells) would charge me anything based on the years I have been with them and the large balances that I carry. Ah well, I will know more tomorrow when I go in and set up the xfer. But, if it is $30 - heck with that. I will find a cheaper way. Oh, the planes are allegedly V2.
AJ
Nov 27, 2010, 07:08 AM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Did you order a case of washers too?
Nov 27, 2010, 10:27 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Gotta have them washers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Did you order a case of washers too?
Extras. Lots. Gonna send them to you to balance your workbench (wash mach)
On another deal though. I can custom order them however I want them - with/without wings, motor, tail feathers, accessories bag, etc. I suppose I could order them without the washers since I am going to order ARF's whenever I get the deal nailed down.
AJ
Nov 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Need a favor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
AJ,

TT is telegraphic transfer.

http://www.smartchinasourcing.com/pa...d-payment.html

By the way, version 1 or version 2 is OK with me. V2 is preferred but either will fly the same.

Bill
I really need a picture of a V2 canopy for the folks I am working with. I am having a severe language problem. If you could post a picture, I would sure appreciate it. TIA.
AJ
Nov 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

V2 canopy picture


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Did you order a case of washers too?
Do you perhaps have a picture of the V2 canopy that you can post? Or, anyone else? TIA
I saw a picture somewhere and now I can't find it anywhere.
AJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 09:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 08:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM