Thread Tools
Mar 04, 2013, 12:58 AM
Dixie Normious
Eastcoast78's Avatar
Heres my newest video/update on the lit 1.1 i got. Just need to install the 1.3 800mW vtx on the wing and some decent weather.. then its time for a maiden.
Bixler FPV Build update 5 (Pre maiden) (9 min 0 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2013, 08:18 PM
Registered User
My recend order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers + other things has arrived. I can bind those 2 receivers easely to my Bixler 1 TX, but none of the new HK-TR6A v2 will bind to the HK-T6A V2 TX, no matter how often I try .Do I have to program the TX first via a computer , or is there any other trick required ? I hope someone can help me . Best regards, Gerhard,807gt.
Mar 05, 2013, 09:06 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 807gt
My recent order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers ....Do I have to program the TX first via a computer.
I've never had problems other than those of my own making meaning forgetting to remove the binding loop after binding. So no, you shouldn't have to connect to a computer. I never have connected to a computer to the Tx.

Also, to reverse channels, I fitted switches the same as the T4A V2. There are slots under the front panel label the same place as the 4 ch.
Mar 05, 2013, 10:31 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

More info please


Quote:
Originally Posted by 807gt
My recend order of 1 HK-T6A V2 TX and 2 matching receivers + other things has arrived. I can bind those 2 receivers easely to my Bixler 1 TX, but none of the new HK-TR6A v2 will bind to the HK-T6A V2 TX, no matter how often I try .Do I have to program the TX first via a computer , or is there any other trick required ? I hope someone can help me . Best regards, Gerhard,807gt.
Please post a picture of all 4(?) receivers. You might have two different versions of receivers. Do you have a satellite receiver on any of them?
AJ
Mar 05, 2013, 11:00 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Amfamora's Avatar
Maiden with Liquid Image Ego onboard....

Bixler Maiden - Liquid Image Ego (2 min 23 sec)
Last edited by Amfamora; Mar 06, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Mar 05, 2013, 11:41 PM
Registered User
Well, I am a bit surprised to get such a fast response.I am not very computer litterate and dont realy know ,how to post pictures.Nobody has shown me, how to do it.Sorry.I will have to wait till one of my sons or sons in law will come by. There is no satelite receiver. I hope, the tx is ok and need not be sent back to HK. I have taken the pictures, now I will have to wait for some help.Be patient please,best regards, Gerhard 807gt.
Mar 06, 2013, 02:09 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 807gt
Well, I am a bit surprised to get such a fast response.I am not very computer litterate and dont realy know ,how to post pictures.Nobody has shown me, how to do it.Sorry.I will have to wait till one of my sons or sons in law will come by. There is no satelite receiver. I hope, the tx is ok and need not be sent back to HK. I have taken the pictures, now I will have to wait for some help.Be patient please,best regards, Gerhard 807gt.
No problem. We will be patient.
AJ
Mar 06, 2013, 09:59 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Scorpio9999's Avatar

New video


Experimental recording of Bixler r/c plane flight on Mystery MDR-800HD car camcoder.

Bixler Flight #16 GND (4 min 12 sec)
Mar 06, 2013, 10:20 AM
Registered User
u2builder's Avatar
Hey guys, while I am waiting for my Bix 1.1 kit to arrive I was thinking of fabbing up a glider type centerline landing gear. I would like to know the approximate inside and outside width of the fuselage on the bottom right below the cockpit opening. Doesn't have to be exact. Thanks.
Mar 06, 2013, 06:00 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora
Maiden with Liquid Image Ego onboard....

http://youtu.be/eh4vwvOWvns
Congratulations on a nice safe Maiden. Yours lasted much longer than mine as well as staying in one piece. Mine decided to land in a tree.
Mar 06, 2013, 06:05 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Congratulations on a nice safe Maiden. Yours lasted much longer than mine as well as staying in one piece. Mine decided to land in a tree.
Yeah, 5 times....just last week.
Mar 06, 2013, 06:21 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
Yeah, 5 times....just last week.
Nice to see you are awake for once. 3 of those times were trees in your yard. Glad I didn't fall into your pool.
Mar 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Sculptor's Avatar
I keep doing planes but I'm not flying planes my responsibilities will allow at the moment.

Went back to the flight simulator and started doing exercises of an entirely different type using these three planes which actually have, a Cessna 182, heavy 5 pound scale plane that was my trainer there got me my license. To handle it correctly it requires rudder be used in the turns just like the real one. My sky surfer in my P 50 1D.

Here is my new exercise;
1. Using ClearView I find it airfield with trees on both sides.
2. I take the plane off climb out to listen treetop high.
3. I stay below the tree line and put the plane into a bank.
4. To make the bank tight I use all flight surfaces including rudder.
5. I keep flying patterns at lower and lower altitudes
6. I finish with high-speed touch and go landings.

It's training me fly my patterns flat and under the circumstances I'm required to fly all controls to do this well.

I present this is a new flyer is a way of using our flight simulators the Titan upper flying skills. It's working for me.

DJ
Mar 06, 2013, 11:25 PM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Amfamora's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Congratulations on a nice safe Maiden. Yours lasted much longer than mine as well as staying in one piece. Mine decided to land in a tree.
Cheers The first crash happened unfortunately cause I gave it throttle (mode 2) then used left hand on the elevator stick and chucked it with the right hand..... as I threw it bumped the throttle to low as I quickly moved my left hand back lost all thrust..... nose dive lol.
Mar 07, 2013, 04:45 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar

Fix it and fly


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amfamora
Cheers The first crash happened unfortunately cause I gave it throttle (mode 2) then used left hand on the elevator stick and chucked it with the right hand..... as I threw it bumped the throttle to low as I quickly moved my left hand back lost all thrust..... nose dive lol.
I think it is safe to say that most of us have done something like that. The good news is that the SkyS is usually an easy repair. Just use a little CA on the breaks and you are flying again.
AJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 09:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 08:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 02:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 01:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 05:28 PM