Sky Surfer - aka Bixler See Post #2 & #3 for parts & mods B4 asking - Page 1143 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 02, 2012, 05:46 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor
AJ, I subscribed to that thread when it started and there are a lot of good Ideas and that CG thing was a big part of getting it right.

I unsubscripted, I track too many threads now. Besides it seems to have been designed mostly for gliding and flying FPV gear. I have no interest in a flying camera.
1. 'Oh look it's a corn field, theres a barn and another corn Field, wait till the kids see this!'

It's a Saint Barnard but the SSS thread one can learn how to make that dog bark.
2. Have fun with it.

DJ
1. ROFLMAO
2. Thanks, I hope to learn a lot from those folks.
AJ
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2012, 06:08 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Sculptor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
1. ROFLMAO
2. Thanks, I hope to learn a lot from those folks.
AJ
1. ROFLMAO say WHAT! Don't know what that means AJ.

The SSS thread is getting an asset having you involved but don't forget us while your there.

DJ
Oct 02, 2012, 06:22 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor
1. ROFLMAO say WHAT! Don't know what that means AJ.

The SSS thread is getting an asset having you involved but don't forget us while your there.

DJ
Rolling On thr Floor - Laughing My @ss Off.
And, thanks for the kind words. However, this is my home thread. So, I'll just be over there just once in a while.
AJ
Oct 02, 2012, 10:41 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio9999
I started without trainer as well. I do some basic acrobatic and low flights on second flight. Just uploaded the video.

http://youtu.be/Im27OGii05k
When you are making loops be careful and do not power up as you go over the top. That puts a lot stress on the wings and they may fold up.

Best to be higher up and let it just make the loop without any power. If you are too low it might not be able to pull out by itself and if you power it up the wings may not like it.
Oct 03, 2012, 07:12 AM
Registered User
I need a prop adapter that fits bixler stockmotorshaft (3mm) and the TGS 6x4e prop. thank you
Oct 03, 2012, 07:52 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
taz101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
I need a prop adapter that fits bixler stockmotorshaft (3mm) and the TGS 6x4e prop. thank you
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=16649

Search and you will find it.....
Oct 03, 2012, 11:03 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Scorpio9999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
When you are making loops be careful and do not power up as you go over the top. That puts a lot stress on the wings and they may fold up.

Best to be higher up and let it just make the loop without any power. If you are too low it might not be able to pull out by itself and if you power it up the wings may not like it.
Thanks for info. I know it kind of risk. There is no any FPV gear now and weight is low enough. Probably I wouldn't repeat an aerobatic as it not interesting for me and Bixler is not target for that. For me she is for training and as flying Lab for FPV equipment in future.

Off-topic: Can anybody say why I cannot see my avatar? I added in in my profile but it doesn't appear at the left side of posts.
Last edited by Scorpio9999; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Oct 03, 2012, 09:56 PM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio9999
Thanks for info. I know it kind of risk. There is no any FPV gear now and weight is low enough. Probably I wouldn't repeat an aerobatic as it not interesting for me and Bixler is not target for that. For me she is for training and as flying Lab for FPV equipment in future.

Off-topic: Can anybody say why I cannot see my avatar? I added in in my profile but it doesn't appear at the left side of posts.
It's in JPEG format but has a GIF extension. Rename it with a JPEG extension.
or use this one,
Gad, you people from West Kazakhstan are so 80's.
Oct 04, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Has anyone made a landing gear wheel mod at the CG point, similar to the super sky surfer? I'll be setting up my bixler for FPV, and want to avoid the whole juggle between my eyeglasses and goggles, and would prefer to launch/land with goggles on.
Oct 04, 2012, 06:49 AM
Gravity impaired
jrjr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangetsu57
Has anyone made a landing gear wheel mod at the CG point, similar to the super sky surfer? I'll be setting up my bixler for FPV, and want to avoid the whole juggle between my eyeglasses and goggles, and would prefer to launch/land with goggles on.
For starters, you want the gear ahead of the CG or it wlll nose over all the time

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=173
Oct 04, 2012, 07:47 AM
Registered User
OK, I've just built my first RC, a Bixler. Have got the fore-aft CG just right at 60mm from the leading edge of the wing but the plane suffers from a left-right out of balance - is it necessary to worry too much about this? (I can't even see where the L-R balance mismatch could be).
Oct 04, 2012, 08:49 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Scorpio9999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee
OK, I've just built my first RC, a Bixler. Have got the fore-aft CG just right at 60mm from the leading edge of the wing but the plane suffers from a left-right out of balance - is it necessary to worry too much about this? (I can't even see where the L-R balance mismatch could be).
I had the same situation. Balanced so she can sit on her fuselage on floor with slow roll to wing. In air hands free flight is Ok.
Oct 04, 2012, 08:53 AM
Gravity impaired
jrjr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee
OK, I've just built my first RC, a Bixler. Have got the fore-aft CG just right at 60mm from the leading edge of the wing but the plane suffers from a left-right out of balance - is it necessary to worry too much about this? (I can't even see where the L-R balance mismatch could be).
I would get it as close as you can. Sometimes just the density of the foam differs from one wing to the other which makes it weigh more than the other.Try taping a penny to the end of one wing and see if it balances. If its way too much maybe just a straight pin or 2 pushed into the end of the wing will do. Perhaps a 6p nail and keep cutting it shorter till it balances. Get it balanced and your maiden flight will go much easier for you.
Oct 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Scorpio9999's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
It's in JPEG format but has a GIF extension. Rename it with a JPEG extension.
or use this one,
Gad, you people from West Kazakhstan are so 80's.
Original image was GIF. I saved it as JPG as I remember and sent here. Probably I made a mistake somewhere in the middle.

I didn't understand how you calculate 80's. Never mind. Have you been in West Kazakhstan? Just to know.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:32 AM
The only R/C pilot in the city
Scorpio9999's Avatar
Today I've been in hobby shop in Samara, Russia (400 km one way trip). I bought two variants of carbon tubes. 6x5 and 6x3. For 5 mm inner diameter I bought a 4 mm tube and for 3 mm - 3 mm rod. I'll test 6x5 + 4mm tube, 6x3 + 3mm rod and just 6x3 tube. I'll post my thoughts afterwards.

Carbon is very expensive here - $6.25 per item. You can compare with Hobby King.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 10:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 09:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 03:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 02:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 06:28 PM