Sky Surfer - aka Bixler See Post #2 & #3 for parts & mods B4 asking - Page 1131 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2012, 08:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Hi guys,
Just letting everyone know that the BIXLER2 KIT is now available in the international warehouse!!

LURCH
Hmmm... a bigger wing, longer nose, it has flaps... and a 7-inch prop!

Now I know where I want to put that Microdan 2505-2535KV outrunner, presently on the Lanier U2 which doesn't appreciate it!

$42 bucks for the plane, not bad... but add $40 to ship it! Interestingly, the fast EMS shipping is only $3 more than the usual slow shipping.

Any chance the Bixler 2 will show up in the USA warehouse?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 08:07 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Did anyone get a Password Security Notice email from RCGroups about a security breach they had and their suggestion to changed your password?
Sep 11, 2012, 08:12 PM
UAV Operator
ECODRONES's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Did anyone get a Password Security Notice email from RCGroups about a security breach they had and their suggestion to changed your password?
Yep, and...
Sep 11, 2012, 08:16 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
Hmmm... a bigger wing, longer nose, it has flaps... and a 7-inch prop!

Now I know where I want to put that Microdan 2505-2535KV outrunner, presently on the Lanier U2 which doesn't appreciate it!

$42 bucks for the plane, not bad... but add $40 to ship it! Interestingly, the fast EMS shipping is only $3 more than the usual slow shipping.

Any chance the Bixler 2 will show up in the USA warehouse?
If it does, let me know. I would like to have one if it shows up in there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Did anyone get a Password Security Notice email from RCGroups about a security breach they had and their suggestion to changed your password?
Yes. I did, too. I went to a great deal of trouble to verify that it was really from RCG and not spoofed. It is a legit msg. I changed my PW. It was way overdue for a change anyhow. I change my pw's on critical accounts every 6 months. For RCG and the like, I try to change it every year. How many of you put your "real" email in your profile? I do. It has not been a problem yet. But, it seems like it would be a good place to harvest new emails for phishing. Hmmmm...
Meanwhile, since most of this is off topic. I wonder if GENE knows about the problem below??
AJ
Sep 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
I just got my WingSurfer today! I think it is the exact same as the Bixler but I'm unsure.
Heres the setup i used:
Super Sonic V2 2200KV motor
6x4 APC prop
40A HURC ESC
Spektrum AR6115E
2200mah battery
SG-90 servos for all but elevator
MG-90 for elevator.

THe plane came with a ton of these washers in the nose thta were just dead wieght. I took them out and it flies just like my SkySurfer V2!
Sep 12, 2012, 03:40 AM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer

THe plane came with a ton of these washers in the nose thta were just dead wieght. I took them out and it flies just like my SkySurfer V2!
Yeah, those washers are worthless. I see that there is one different size washer in your picture (#3). You should have 6 only washers that were included for the nose. Or, maybe there is one smaller washer missing (making 2 total) that are used for protecting the hole in the wing for the spar Hmmmm...
Also, where did you put the CG for that plane? I am very pleased that it flies well for you. Can you include a video on your next post. TIA.
AJ
P.S. Where did you buy it from?
Last edited by ajbaker; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Add Question
Sep 12, 2012, 06:44 AM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
I'm glad you like it! My CG is 60mm from leading edge. I got it from Nitroplanes as a kit for $40. Ill try to get a video as soon as possible
Sep 12, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer
I just got my WingSurfer today! I think it is the exact same as the Bixler but I'm unsure.
Heres the setup i used:
Super Sonic V2 2200KV motor
6x4 APC prop
40A HURC ESC
Spektrum AR6115E
2200mah battery
SG-90 servos for all but elevator
MG-90 for elevator.

THe plane came with a ton of these washers in the nose thta were just dead wieght. I took them out and it flies just like my SkySurfer V2!
Looks like the control rods are on the outside like the Bixler. I have a SS V2 and first liked the rods and servos on the inside until I started to add stuff and discovered there is not much room under the bonnet.
Sep 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCDestroyer
I'm glad you like it! My CG is 60mm from leading edge. I got it from Nitroplanes as a kit for $40. Ill try to get a video as soon as possible
Wow. It comes in Red, Blue and Green. Cool. They indicate a CG of 52mm +/- 2mm
Sep 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
taz101's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202
Wow. It comes in Red, Blue and Green. Cool. They indicate a CG of 52mm +/- 2mm
Probable because it is a smaller plane!!
Bixler wingspan :- 1400mm Wingsurfer wingspan :-1375mm
Bixler length :- 925mm Wingsurfer length :- 915mm

So CoG will be different!!

LURCH
Sep 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
The Crash King
RCDestroyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Probable because it is a smaller plane!!
Bixler wingspan :- 1400mm Wingsurfer wingspan :-1375mm
Bixler length :- 925mm Wingsurfer length :- 915mm

So CoG will be different!!

LURCH
The specs might be little off on the website but they are the EXACT same same size when compared to eachother. The parts are all interchangeable.
Sep 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
Registered User
Is there another way to wind this motor (other than ABCABCABC?
Sep 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
^(_MăĻēŜĐ_)^ ЯuĽe U
Hello! I have just purchased a Bixler 1, just the kit and I bought these electronics:

Motor: NTM Prop Drive 28-36 2200KV / 696W
ESC: TURNIGY Plush 40amp Speed Controller
Battery: Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pac
Servo: Turnigy MG90S Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg / 13.4g
Prop: TGS Sport 6x4E Precision propeller

Now I am going to built it, change the stock carbon to bigger adding to tail and the bottom of the plane etc.
I am planing to use this plane for FPV. Are these components good? I have seen a very good video with
this motor and 3s Battery!

Bixler 2 Motor Upgrade: TEST FLIGHT (7 min 56 sec)


Now I am trying to see how to mount the wings without gluing them to the frame. Has seen many tutorials
from people here so I will do something from here. I will upload my photos soon!
Sep 13, 2012, 05:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Hi guys,
Just letting everyone know that the BIXLER2 KIT is now available in the international warehouse!!

LURCH
Well, I took the plunge. My BIXLER 2 should arrive pretty soon from the International Warehouse!

Lurch, any guesses about the shipping time via EMS Express, to San Diego, CA USA 92129?
Sep 13, 2012, 05:50 PM
Argue for your limitations
ajbaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzartusm
Is there another way to wind this motor (other than ABCABCABC?
Sure. dLRK, Delta, modified Delta, etc. there are many choices. However, continuing this discussion would be too far off topic. Google those that I gave you and you will find tons of information on motor winding.
AJ


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Cyber Sky Parachute (Sky Surfer) shv2sail Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 23, 2016 10:41 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems cavy92 Electric Plane Talk 59 Mar 23, 2016 09:10 PM
Discussion Sky Surfer nickwayne11c Electric Plane Talk 15 Nov 18, 2011 03:36 PM
Question Sky Surfer LiPo mod, help... Freight Dog Power Systems 0 Aug 17, 2006 02:45 PM
Swashplate Assembly with Center Ball; is this the swash with ball mod i want? tekforce Micro Helis 4 Feb 08, 2004 06:28 PM