Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Heavy Chevy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 30, 2011, 03:29 PM
Videography and stuff
shaprap's Avatar
Oh, just realized my ADHD kicked in and I forgot to link the motor I use...

It's this one: (also looking good with all the blue)
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6246

It weigh +20g over the original brushed motor, and it can pull up to 900g with a 11X4.7 prop...
I glued the wheels after they fell off on the first land (into the tall grass) but if they'll fall again I might do the coat hanger thingy.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2011, 04:41 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Try to get some vids
Mar 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
Videography and stuff
shaprap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy
Try to get some vids
Yeah well I did get "some" video.

This is my Mini Mustang P-51 Review, It's in Hebrew but I translated it.

Enjoy...

סקירת וידאו: מיני-מוסטאנג Mini Mustang P-51 Review (Subbed) P-51 (7 min 26 sec)
Mar 23, 2011, 07:53 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaprap
Yeah well I did get "some" video.

This is my Mini Mustang P-51 Review, It's in Hebrew but I translated it.

Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnnRM0u2NKI
HOLY SMOKES!! Great video!! Well done!!


Looks like you're going to need the coat hanger mod for the landing gear.

It's a good plane once you hammer out the kinks, I really enjoy it.
Mar 26, 2011, 12:06 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
As for that plane, mine hasn't seen airtime all winter long. I'm really looking forward to getting that one back into the air. I'd like to try some streamers on it this year. It has plenty of power and a great roll rate so I think that it would work out well
Last edited by Heavy Chevy; Mar 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Mar 26, 2011, 07:06 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
I needed weight in the nose to get mine to fly well
Last edited by Heavy Chevy; Mar 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
Mar 27, 2011, 09:20 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Lol okay ???

I take it your the guy in the vid?
Mar 27, 2011, 09:58 AM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Landing gear on this plane is junk but a bent coat hanger hot glued in a dug out trench will work well.
Last edited by Heavy Chevy; Mar 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Mar 27, 2011, 10:54 AM
Videography and stuff
shaprap's Avatar
I used a ridiculous amount of Foam Safe CA on the gear and so far it's fine.

I actually wanted to tell you that on the third flight I did an "Apache Stand" which is when you go upwards and turn the motor off and just stall in there for a moment, but guess what - the motor mount stick was just pulled out and the whole thing fell facing down about 30 feet, luckily into the high wheat field so nothing broke, but that concludes the last bad gluing work they did over at Lan-Yu...
Mar 27, 2011, 10:55 AM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaprap
I used a ridiculous amount of Foam Safe CA on the gear and so far it's fine.

I actually wanted to tell you that on the third flight I did an "Apache Stand" which is when you go upwards and turn the motor off and just stall in there for a moment, but guess what - the motor mount stick was just pulled out and the whole thing fell facing down about 30 feet, luckily into the high wheat field so nothing broke, but that concludes the last bad gluing work they did over at Lan-Yu...
Yes, that says it all. This plane is awesome but it can be weak right out of the box.

It looks dead sexy in the air eh?
Mar 28, 2011, 01:30 AM
Videography and stuff
shaprap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy
Yes, that says it all. This plane is awesome but it can be weak right out of the box.

It looks dead sexy in the air eh?
Sure is!!!
Apr 04, 2012, 03:08 AM
Registered User
Hi Dude i got this plane to what would you say would be the best engine to upgrade to and what other parts would i need i.e. servos etc and is it not going to worth doing?, also sorry to be a drag does AA battery's in the nose really make a difference and how? im a bit of a virgin to all this as its my first plane?

Thanks
Apr 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemanning12
Hi Dude i got this plane to what would you say would be the best engine to upgrade to and what other parts would i need i.e. servos etc and is it not going to worth doing?, also sorry to be a drag does AA battery's in the nose really make a difference and how? im a bit of a virgin to all this as its my first plane?

Thanks
I needed the nose weight, maybe the brushless motor was lighter than the heavy can motor. Did you get it stock with a brushed motor?
Apr 04, 2012, 02:10 PM
Videography and stuff
shaprap's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemanning12
Hi Dude i got this plane to what would you say would be the best engine to upgrade to and what other parts would i need i.e. servos etc and is it not going to worth doing?, also sorry to be a drag does AA battery's in the nose really make a difference and how? im a bit of a virgin to all this as its my first plane?

Thanks
Not a good first plane dude.
You need a large high-wing "trainer" plane (and an actual human trainer won't be a bad idea either)
Apr 04, 2012, 07:40 PM
Vanadu
Heavy Chevy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaprap
Not a good first plane dude.
You need a large high-wing "trainer" plane (and an actual human trainer won't be a bad idea either)
Yeah, this plane is fast and responsive. I'd fly a hobbyzone supercub first or better yet, buy a cheap sim. Clearview is worth the price IMO :-)

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Parkzone P-51 Mustang BL - FLAPERON DjBac Parkflyers 7 Oct 02, 2011 06:39 AM
For Sale ERC Micro Warbird Series P-51 Mustang ZosoHL Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Apr 11, 2010 09:44 AM
Alert eRC p-51 Mustang RTF Rockwell Atlanta Area RC 3 Mar 20, 2010 12:09 AM
Discussion Retracts for FMS P 51 mustang mapsyd Electric Warbirds 3 Feb 27, 2010 12:12 PM
Help! I need the CG for a PZ P-51 Mustang, the original brushed PZ P-51 mechengineer03 Electric Warbirds 2 Oct 12, 2009 11:27 PM