Apr 17, 2010, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Flight-CTRL ME v2.0 question

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, my name is tunin and I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I just got the box with the oktokopter and after several months of research I started the assembly and immediatly bumped in to some problems...

The bag that the Flight-CTRL ME v2.0 was packed in had two capacitors, all of the instructions that I found only had one installed but the instructions did not clarify and the photos were not that good. Is this second capacitor there by accident?

There are 2 "sets" of esc's that I got, 4 with a white DOT sticker and four without the DOT. I presume the ones with the white DOT are the ones that go from 5-8 and the ones with out the DOT are 1-4? I read somewhere on the forum that the number 8 of the esc is different, if it is, how does one identify this one?

Thank you and I am sorry my first post is a help request. I hope to become a 3 star MK pilot sometimes in the future. :-) Again, thx.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2010, 05:01 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Looks like one cap, http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/FlightCtrl_ME
Apr 18, 2010, 04:45 AM
Thread OP
Thank you. I guess the other one is there by accident...
Apr 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
Good luck with your build, show some pics when u get it finished..
Apr 19, 2010, 02:08 AM
wov
wov
Yes, there is only one cap on the Flight-Ctrl ME. Keep the second as spare.

For the Bl-Ctrls:

There are some with "normal" Software for Motors 1-4 (as the standard MK only has 4 motors). On the bottom of the board you find three solder pads to jumper them from No.1 to No.4 (No. 1 has no jumper, No. 2 has one jumper on Pad1 and Pad2, No. 3 jumper on Pad2 and Pad3 and Bl-Ctrl No. 4 a big Jumper over all three pads). Now the I2C Bus "knows" which Bl-Ctrl is which.

Problem is, with three pads you can only jumper four different Bl-Ctrl or adresses. Thatīs why you need special software for all Bl-Ctrl over 4. On an Octocopter you set Bl-Ctrl No. 5 exactly as No.1 (no jumper) and the Flight-Ctrl knows from the special software that this is not No.1 but No.5.

Bl-Ctrl No. 8 is not different then 5-7. It has the same special software and the jumper on the bottom of the board is set just like No.4.

Have fun with your Octo!
Regards,
Wolfgang
Apr 19, 2010, 09:29 AM
Thread OP
Thank you again wolfgang, so basicaly, the setup I have is the correct setup. 1-4 no white dot and 5-8 with the white dot.

Do I need to do anything in the Flight-CTRL tool as it is explained on the bottom of this page. The reason I am asking is the fast that this tutorial is a bit outdated. "Prior to flight the Flight-Ctrl has to be set up as "Octo" - otherwise only 4 motors would turn on. To do that, the ALT-Key has to be held while clicking on "Settings" in the Mikrokopter-Tool. Then, the Mixer-Configuration "Octo.mkm" can be loaded"
Apr 19, 2010, 01:02 PM
wov
wov
this is exactly what you have to do in the "Mikrokotper-Tool" Software.
Apr 19, 2010, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Thanks a million. I just assembled it back together. I hope to complete it tomorrow as I need to mount the gps and the RC-receiver and the propellers. Is there any special instruction for the propellers assembly (I didn't even look at them yet, perhaps I should :-D).
Apr 20, 2010, 02:17 AM
wov
wov
Simply donīt mount the propellers at all while your are setting up the thing on the computer with connected battery. Make sure all motors have correct rotation (CW/CCW) and then mount the corresponding propellers.

Donīt forget to setup your transmitter for correct throw: +125/-125 in the Mikrokopter-Tool.

These are the things that most people mess up on their first MK.

Wolfgang
Apr 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
Thread OP
Thank you. When I get to the point of connecting the kopter to the computer I will check with you on this as I do not know to looks of the software or anything yet... I need to find it and install it on my dell mini... Again, thank you.
Apr 20, 2010, 11:32 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Did you happen to buy the navi module with your octo? Maybe the capacitor is for the navi module...
Apr 20, 2010, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Hi Steph, yes, I got the Navi-crtl as well but another capacitor came with the navictrl, in fact, I was just looking up where to place it as all of the photos on the mikrokopter.de do not show the capacitor... it is the same as the rest of the capacitor gang 330microfarad, 16V.

Should I test the okto pre installation of the navictrl, mk3mag and the gps. As far as I can see only the navctrl has the usb port so as Wolfgang explained to test all 8 motors I need to connect to the computer and "activate" them so that means I need to mount the navctrl?
Apr 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
I flew with FC ME first. You connect it to computer through the serial pins on the south-east side of the board.

Then once you have it flying, then add the navi/mag/GPS.
Apr 20, 2010, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
I just realized I have the mk-usb... do you know of a tutorial on how to assemble the rest of the OKTO that follows their tutorial for one that has the mkUSB/navictrl/mk3mag/GPS.
Apr 20, 2010, 03:52 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
This is Ziggy's build log on Hexa, but should help with your Okto as well.
http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php/topic,27.0.html

http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?...pmod;dl=item16

Quick Reply