Apr 14, 2010, 07:06 AM
Time to Play the Game
Thread OP
Question

450 sport swash mix -- new build

al and elev are -52. the reason is that the right servo arm (DS410M servos) will hit the gear in idle up if i give it full right stick. even at -52 it is very close. i put pitch at -52 for now because it is a new build and haven't put head on yet.

swash is level, have no interraction, servos are level at 50% in idle up (used viewing windows in frame to level), etc. using a DX7.

any opinions.

ty

neil
Last edited by neilg.; Apr 14, 2010 at 07:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2010, 04:10 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg.
al and elev are -52. the reason is that the right servo arm (DS410M servos) will hit the gear in idle up if i give it full right stick. even at -52 it is very close. i put pitch at -52 for now because it is a new build and haven't put head on yet.

swash is level, have no interraction, servos are level at 50% in idle up (used viewing windows in frame to level), etc. using a DX7.

any opinions.

ty

neil
Neil,

I wouldn't worry about it at this time. Wait until you get the head installed and go through the process of setting up your pitch. That arm hitting the gear may just magically disappear.

Dave
Apr 15, 2010, 04:18 PM
You can offset the servo arm like done here, if you need full travel. You will need to level the swash with end point adjustment. I also trim the horn. You want the lower servo on the right hand side, so if you hit the gear in flight it won't get caught up.
http://www.truebloodengineering.com/...howpage&pid=10
Apr 15, 2010, 06:40 PM
Time to Play the Game
Thread OP
okay dave. a few more days and i might try to get some flight.

nice site rob.

thank you
Apr 15, 2010, 06:57 PM
Got Helis
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg.
okay dave. a few more days and i might try to get some flight.

nice site rob.

thank you
Let us know how things come out for you... One other thing, during your, swashplate and head setup. You want to keep your swashmix at 50% for all settings. After setup then you can adjust the al and elev. to your flying style. And pitch setting for your 11 degree or 12 degree pitch on the blades.

Dave
Apr 16, 2010, 12:13 PM
Time to Play the Game
Thread OP
my flying style is limited . i was comparing this build to the hdx450 i did. the servo degrees were higher in swash mix. that's okay for now.

i have to post a new thread about tail wag with the trex450 sport
Apr 25, 2010, 06:08 AM
Time to Play the Game
Thread OP
-50 to set up head. what servo arm hitting main gear

Quick Reply