Apr 13, 2010, 06:10 PM
I can make you go away...
Thread OP
Discussion

Hammondville

In light of the recent poo-fights in the Sydney thread, and at the suggestion of FitzyFunjet, I thought it best that we have our own thread to discuss all things "Hammondville" Lets try to keep this one about flying, planes and bagging your mates!! I hope you enjoy the ride!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2010, 06:20 PM
WHAT U LOOKIN AT!
whoo hooo...now I just gotta get my planes back in the air..lol

Ill cya out at Hammo soon guys!

thanks Todd for making the thread!
Apr 13, 2010, 06:54 PM
Thread OP
It was Fitzy 19-Cell's idea... he's the brains behind the brawn!!
Apr 13, 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Guess I'll still have to follow the other thread anyway. But happy to put invites etc on this one.

There is some stuff I didn't want in the other thread anyway such as what to do when 10 Indian cricketers turn up, take the field and claim they do it every Sunday. Which as all Hammo regulars know is absolute crap. I told them they would have to leave when we did or I would have to lock them in to which they said They would lock it. We continued to fly over in and around them and their kids (which probably was a bit silly) but we were pretty pissed with the way they just walked out even as we were still flying. Oh and no they hadn't booked the field. I was going to lock them in but had calmed down by the time we were going and they ended up leaving at the same time anyway. Will see what happens next Sunday but if it becomes a habit we should maybe open the gates until 7:30 then lock them and only let flyers in. I'm really concerned something like this will screw it all up for us.
Apr 13, 2010, 07:38 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Good luck guys first they took over the phone help lines and now the flying site
Apr 13, 2010, 07:41 PM
by ZIPPER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
There is some stuff I didn't want in the other thread anyway such as what to do when 10 Indian cricketers turn up, take the field and claim they do it every Sunday. Which as all Hammo regulars know is absolute crap. I told them they would have to leave when we did or I would have to lock them in to which they said They would lock it. We continued to fly over in and around them and their kids (which probably was a bit silly) but we were pretty pissed with the way they just walked out even as we were still flying. Oh and no they hadn't booked the field. I was going to lock them in but had calmed down by the time we were going and they ended up leaving at the same time anyway. Will see what happens next Sunday but if it becomes a habit we should maybe open the gates until 7:30 then lock them and only let flyers in. I'm really concerned something like this will screw it all up for us.

Victorians would have just stab them.
Apr 13, 2010, 08:06 PM
I'm torquing to you!
I was pretty angry.

Nator turned up for his first fly in moths just as it was unfolding and I was just losing it and swearing and threatening to kill people. I'm not sure Everest had prepared him for what he walked into.
Apr 13, 2010, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
Just lock the gate Brett, you are the keyholder, and have council's blessing to be there... and I guess technically we should keep it locked all the time anyway. Might help keep them out, or at least make it inconvenient for them!! What time did they get there??
Last edited by I_Love_My_ABC; Apr 13, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Apr 14, 2010, 03:42 AM
allright, i've found it too

and i second that abc....just lock the gate
Apr 14, 2010, 04:13 AM
My Pockets Hurt

New Thread

Well

I like the new thread with all our mates, looks like a good idea.

I went to SMAC field late this afternoon, 4 flights with my 68" Extra. And then saw one of the guys drop a brand new 88" Extreme Flight YAK, 60cc. Into the ground. Was his third flight. I felt for the bloke, a retiree. Must have spent so much time putting it together.

Alphonzo Juan Gonzalos is BACK BABY
Apr 14, 2010, 04:20 AM
Turkey
0730 lock out.

Looks like I won't be joining in anymore...

And glad to see a new thread, couldn't give a flying about all that other crap.
Apr 14, 2010, 04:47 AM
Bush Flying Down Under
Maybe you guys should put a Combination Padlock on the gate at 7.30am as well as the key lock, and take it off when you leave, a bit like we were doing at PEMAC before the gate was modified.
Apr 14, 2010, 04:56 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemc32
0730 lock out.

Looks like I won't be joining in anymore...

And glad to see a new thread, couldn't give a flying about all that other crap.
Don't worry Steve, Mr K will leave a key under the doormat for you!! ...and I couldn't agree more about the other crap, I'm over it!! This is a "Happy Thread"
Apr 14, 2010, 04:59 AM
I'm torquing to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Toyman
Maybe you guys should put a Combination Padlock on the gate at 7.30am as well as the key lock, and take it off when you leave, a bit like we were doing at PEMAC before the gate was modified.
That's a pretty good idea John.
Apr 14, 2010, 05:04 AM
Turkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
That's a pretty good idea John.
I might not be locked out after all, happy thread!

Quick Reply