Apr 12, 2010, 10:53 AM
R/C Electro-Gadgeteer
Thread OP
Discussion

2010 Northeast Electric Aircraft Technology (NEAT) Fair - Sept 17-19, 2010

Northeast Electric Aircraft Technology

Sept. 17th, 18th, and 19th, 2010

The nations largest gathering of electric model aircraft held in the Catskill mountains in lower NY state in mid September.

More info here:

http://neatfair.org

According to website, Pilot pre-registration and vendor registration begins next month! (May of 2010)

Never too early to plan!!!!

So who's coming, whatcha bringing? Time to start chatting folks.....
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2010, 02:52 PM
When pigs fly rc
awesome cant wait
Apr 12, 2010, 04:04 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
I'll be there... with a pile of whatever 3dHobbyShop planes I have flying at the time
Apr 12, 2010, 10:45 PM
R/C Electro-Gadgeteer
Thread OP
Well, I already got my room booked (with internet nevertheless) and have new tires on the Mini-Van... ready to rock!
Hope to have a few new planes with me this year... like my 1/4 scale E-Patty Wagstaff and my Rutan Defiant (pusher/puller) which I was suppose to have finished for the 1009 NEAT (ug).
Apr 13, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hi,
I've managed to convince my wife that spending some time in the Catskills Mountains in September is a "must do" for first time visitors to the States like ourselves!

However what I do need help with is which day of the 17, 18 or 19 do I schedule a "lay day" to visit Peaceful Valley. Is any one day more spectacular than the others?

Regards
Peter
Apr 13, 2010, 07:51 AM
Friday and Saturday are best for seeing things. Sunday is best for flying. The sky is less crowded as people and vendors are starting to head home.
Apr 13, 2010, 11:59 AM
When pigs fly rc
i like saturday the best. sunday the show slows down and packs up.
Apr 14, 2010, 03:06 AM
Thank you! I'll work Friday or saturday into my iterary!
Apr 14, 2010, 06:55 AM
I plan on Friday with Saturday as the bad weather backup.
Apr 14, 2010, 07:46 AM
well given I cant make seff this time I will be at neat flying a few 3dhobby planes on friday or saturday.fortnuately for me its only and hour from the house.I just hope I havent buried any planes before the event while attending a couple throw downs.and the weather better cooperate like last year!
Apr 14, 2010, 08:21 AM
When pigs fly rc
last year was great weather I too hope for a repeat.
Apr 22, 2010, 11:32 AM
I'm going to try to make it from Florida this year. I would really like to meet Mr Tom Hunt and maybe even Sal.

Is tent camping at the field a bad idea?
Apr 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
When pigs fly rc
The camping is fine but be prepared for cool nights. It can get cool at night in the mountains. I camped the last two years and had a blast.
Apr 22, 2010, 04:49 PM
Well, now that you know ...
I'm consoling myself with NEAT for not making the drive to SEFF!
May 08, 2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
I'm consoling myself with NEAT for not making the drive to SEFF!
I know what you mean... I was supposed to make the drive from Ottawa Canada to SEFF with others from my club, but couldn't because of a professional exam (which, in the end, didn't happen either! ugh...) I've already booked a full week off work for NEAT, and plan to make the most of it!

Yes, cold nights... (note to self: this time, pack a sleeping bag that is actually rated for less than 5 degrees!) Oh.. sorry... don't want to scare anyone away... that's 5 celsius... I don't know what the actual temperatures were last year, but it probably got close to freezing/0C/32F at night. During the day was fine.

I'll have my Super Chipmunk back up and flying again (for anyone who was there Sunday morning last year, I was the one who's motor departed the plane in flight...) And I'll have my new night-flying Sniper XL II ready to go with a few interesting DIY add-ons... And I'll have to get something new for the mass-warbird launch after the demise of my Corsair... can't miss the mass-warbird launch!!

Can't wait!

Quick Reply