Jul 01, 2011, 08:59 AM
Closed Account
I don't think anybody has it in for Simoncelli, (apart from the 2 people he has taken out this year).

I personally love his flamboyance, I just wish he could translate his obvious talent and speed into finishes. He has the ability to make the Factory Honda stars look over rated and over paid, IF he could just calm down on the first few laps and concentrate on staying on the black tar river, oh, and finish on the podium, which he can do, just wish he would!
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jul 01, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2011, 11:06 AM
I know Simo can put it on the top of the box he just lacks consistency. He is very fast this year and on a B team bike so thats awesome.

I agree Dany could have avoided the incident. I watched the video from different camer angles many times and it seems to me he made a mistake. He could have let off just slightly sooner or changed his line just a bit to make room, who knows. I dont think Simo is riding any harder than anyone else I just think there has been too many incidents around him and now he is in the spot light for it.

Go Ducati!
Jul 01, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sic is still riding a factory bike. He is fast. I bet this is his year to learn, and then, watch out - it should be fun to watch. Like Jorge was at first with all his crashes, he turned it around.
Jul 01, 2011, 12:54 PM
Well Stoner is saying that he hasn't fully recovered from his injuries from the Assen race. Well this race should be interesting this weekend..

Have to say this no matter what the Telemetry says or how the videos plays. I just can't see a rider that's trying to race throw themselves to the ground just to proof how dangerous another riders is. Way before Sim put that move on Dani,i knew Sim would get past Dani with a little bit of patience. At halfway Dani seems to fall off pace. Now to me it's not Sim's aggressiveness seems to be more of bad timing along with decision making.

I'll admit he is making this season a little exciting.

I think at this point Ducati needs Carlos Checa.He seems to be the only doing good on the Ducati and it's an Old Duc on top of that.
Jul 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
Checa is on a WSB bike not MGP and Ducati have pulled out of full WSB support. I dont think Checa could do much more than he has in MGP. He is doing very well in WSB this year.

You have to think Rossi has something cooking for this weekend. They need some momentum and it seems they are making progress.

Go Ducati!!
Jul 01, 2011, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately, Rossi had mechanical difficulties! Maybe it can rain to his advantage....
Jul 01, 2011, 05:31 PM
at the end of the day stoner has run away with it this year and good for him simo what a future legend in the making as for rossi he is always a rider i enjoy watching and can never be written off but at the end of the day with all the changes due to come into affect next year it will all be wide open again ..........
well hopefully
Jul 01, 2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
Checa is on a WSB bike not MGP and Ducati have pulled out of full WSB support. I dont think Checa could do much more than he has in MGP. He is doing very well in WSB this year.

You have to think Rossi has something cooking for this weekend. They need some momentum and it seems they are making progress.

Go Ducati!!
Checa has a factory bike and factory mechanics it jsut not call a factory team,

Rossi and Duc have the GP12 with de stroked motor, they letting this season go for testing for next, 4 of the 6 motors cant fit into the new chassie which they brought out at assen, he has 2 motors for the rest of the season, expect to see him in last place for final rounds in qually due to the motor rule
Jul 01, 2011, 05:38 PM
Quote:

Go Ducati!!
Lol yes I know checa is in WSBK.lol like bayliss was from wsbk also. Well you that story.Plus he's doing this good without factory support on a 3yr old bike I believe maybe older.lol
Jul 01, 2011, 05:43 PM
Rummors have it that randy and tony will get the boot soon, tony for being slow and randy for crashing 5/7 so far.

i cant think of anyone not under contract who could cut the mustard and fill the rides.

That blake young looking good in AMA, where did he come from i never seen him before this season
Jul 01, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels
Lol yes I know checa is in WSBK.lol like bayliss was from wsbk also. Well you that story.Plus he's doing this good without factory support on a 3yr old bike I believe maybe older.lol
Yes he has support but their full effort is in MGP.
You know Checa is a pretty old fellow for MGP right? He rode back in the days of 500GP's when Rossi first started in the class. He is seeing a second wind in his career racing in WSB. Thats different from Mad Max who didnt cut it too well in MGP but has talent. I never cared for Max's character and still dont but he can be fast for sure and WSB has given him a good venue to showcase his talents.
Bayliss developed his career in WSB and then tried MGP and retired.

I wonder what is next for Checa next season because the Smithsonian is going to want their display bike back in the museum...

The new next gen Ducati 1199 Super Bike is getting a little press in the Italian magazines and revealing bits and pieces of info. Looks pretty radical.
Jul 01, 2011, 06:20 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
I wonder what is next for Checa next season because the Smithsonian is going to want their display bike back in the museum...
If he is out of a ride then 'Charlie' can probably quite reasonably retire, back to North Yorkshire if he is still living there. So would I if I had the money, plus I would be 'back home'.

He's been around for a long time, just like Loris, and he still is no slouch either. Well, he can usually outqualify Tony Elias....

Would the Smithsonian take an 'Italian' bike???
Jul 01, 2011, 06:30 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Thread OP
Possible replacements for 2012... I can see Stefan Bradl stepping up, and also Marquez, though he may do another year in moto2...
Jul 01, 2011, 06:34 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Thread OP
Checa I see stayin at Ducati in SBK for sure...
Jul 01, 2011, 06:41 PM
I remember one race Checa crashed and the race commentator says " OH!...and there goes a bounced Checa!"

I believe it was Suzuka, he was on a 500GP bike, and he high sided coming out of a corner or something but that comment stuck with me for all these years.

Quick Reply