Mar 30, 2015, 05:56 PM
DLAWW
What is YT!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2015, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the hill View Post
Yamaha and Ducati have cracked on to Honda's performance secret from last year = true " seamless " gear box shifting ! . The new Yamaha has seamless up shift and down shift now - while the Ducati only has a new seamless up shift - their working on the down shift seamless version as we speak - maybe they even had the full up and down , shift box in Qatar ? . This latest technology allows for less tyre wear towards end of race - it also allows for faster corner entry speed , because there is absolutely no chatter put through the tyres or chassis compared to the old computer electronic slipper clutch system . This would explain Marquez's amazing corner entry speeds antics from last year apart from his obivious huge talent ! . There's an Aussie developing that Ducati GP15 now - Warren Willing - he's an old Yamaha factory YZR chassis guru and has fettled / tuned / designed bikes for past legends such as Lawson , Rainey , Magee , Beattie , Cadalora , Kockinski to name a few . That new Ducati looks very compact / smaller now , just like the Honda ! Even the bodywork looks like a Honda too . Would be great to see a season where any of the top 4 bike brands could win on the day ? - just like the good old two stroke days . Well done Rossi - hard for a grandpa to compete against these fearless younger jockeys !
Marquez also was using a thumb brake setup for the rear brake. Rossi and Lorenzo has it or at least been testing with it.
Mar 30, 2015, 07:15 PM
DLAWW
Just watched it and that was a he'll of a race.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:51 PM
YouTube!

I want to see more info on the Ducati aero package. Ive wondered why we dont see more aero down force on these bikes. Maybe not needed, maybe beneficial but with these speeds, 215+, and a tiny contact patch its probably what Ducati have been hitting on for a while now.
Mar 31, 2015, 12:34 AM
The new aero bits are like what I have on this early version of my Speedrun bike :
Mar 31, 2015, 01:35 AM
Thinking Racing New Zealand style, I know, not motogp but wings on bikes.

http://www.classicyams.com/special-y...aerofoilq.html

Top Gear: Britten V1000 Racing Motorcycle (7 min 24 sec)

John Britten also had an earlier bike with winglets, I'll try and find a picture.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougbm...n/photostream/

Peter
Last edited by Pedro51; Mar 31, 2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: add photo link.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:11 AM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels View Post
Marquez also was using a thumb brake setup for the rear brake. Rossi and Lorenzo has it or at least been testing with it.
Why would this affect laptimes?

I remember Doohan using a rear thumb brake before but that was due to necessity because he had no movement in his left foot after the big crash in 92.
Mar 31, 2015, 03:16 PM
At extreme right lean angles you cant use the rear brake because your foot is in the way. A remote thumb lever will give you the option.
Mar 31, 2015, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
At extreme right lean angles you cant use the rear brake because your foot is in the way. A remote thumb lever will give you the option.
Spot on!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg View Post
Why would this affect laptimes?

I remember Doohan using a rear thumb brake before but that was due to necessity because he had no movement in his left foot after the big crash in 92.
Here's an article that touches on it a little more.
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/moto...-summary-2015/
Apr 11, 2015, 03:34 PM
A little late to the party but I just finished watching Round 1. Experience and one good decision on setup won the race.

It's clear that Ducati has finally arrived.

It will be a Ducati/Yamaha/Honda season...should be exciting.
Apr 18, 2015, 06:50 PM
RC Motorcycles are fun Bobby

Secret Test footage of Yamaha's new compact 2016 M1

Yamaha feel they need a smaller rider to compete with the 2 Honda jockeys - " Honey , I shrunk the Valentino " . Give the monkey a 6 cell Lipo power system .
Trained monkey rides a mini replica of a motorbike (0 min 9 sec)
Last edited by King of the hill; Apr 18, 2015 at 06:58 PM.
Apr 20, 2015, 06:50 PM
Round 3 incredible...gonna be a long wait to Spain.
Apr 20, 2015, 09:51 PM
I'm liking that stategy is coming into play again.

Fun as all out flag to flag can be, when the stongest bike (H), has a strong rider (Marc), it can get a bit predictable. See how boring F1 is!

Cheers
Peter
May 17, 2015, 11:11 PM
RCMCC.tripod.com
Oh man. . . insane racing by Marquez today. I knew I had to take a video of this gutsy pass. I just about crapped my pants when I saw it.

Insane Marquez braking pass 2015 Lemans GP (0 min 19 sec)
May 18, 2015, 10:41 PM
Yeah he gets away with some crazy moments, not sure how it works out but it does... For now. As Rossi said he's all or nothing and Marc admits he has a lot to learn so...

Quick Reply