Thread Tools
May 16, 2011, 06:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson
Punched De Puniet on the shoulder for holding him up. Just remembering Maxwell's disqualification in moto 2 at PI last year had me worried. He definitely isn't winning the PR game at the moment especially doing that to the home rider.
I think it was more of the fact that stoner was on a hot lap (upwards of 300kph on that straight) and De Puniet pulled across in front of him on the racing line doing (as they stated) pit lane sort of speed. That makes it very dangerous with a closing speed of close to 200kph. In any standard, that is very dangerous. Sucks even more when stoner got fined and De Puniet didn't even get repremanded.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 16, 2011, 06:19 AM
Ninja Fanatic
Jayson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B
Personaly I would love to see a return of the V4 500cc 2 strokes of the early 90's...( that's when the bikes rewarded talent, and the talented riders were tough as nails ) I think half the riders would too...
So would I. That would be interesting with the 6 engine rule. The 500cc 2 strokes are why I hold riders like Lawson, Doohan, Rainey, Gardiner etc in such high regard compared to riders of the modern era.

But keep in mind it is development from racing that filter down to development of our road bikes. Don't know if I would want to be riding anything from the past on the road in an uncontrolled environment.
May 16, 2011, 09:17 AM
Registered User
Didn't Rossi also win on the 500s before the switch to 4 stroke? Or is he already not part of the modern era? I feel you can and should put Rossi in that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson
So would I. That would be interesting with the 6 engine rule. The 500cc 2 strokes are why I hold riders like Lawson, Doohan, Rainey, Gardiner etc in such high regard compared to riders of the modern era.
Jun 04, 2011, 03:19 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Had to smile at this quote from Steve Parrish's column on the BBC about Jorge Lorenzo.

''It is ironic hearing him moaning about lunatics on the track like Marco Simoncelli, seeing as he was one of them himself not so long ago.''
Jun 05, 2011, 06:24 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Lukey B's Avatar
Yeah he has certainly matured from the old "Loopy Lorenzo" days, but credit to him aswell, he's a very calm and calculated racer now days, and appears to be a nice guy too...

I hope Simoncelli goes in a similar direction... But we don't want to loose all that spark he as eigther...

After watching the 125cc race it sure seems race direction is getting far too politicly correct...
There was some hard moves in moto2 aswell...
But if you get penalized for being aggressive and making a move with good intentions, motogp is gunna turn into F1... Dull, boring and predictable...

On a brighter note... C'mon Casey... Stoner looks the biz for this race aswell... Can't wait...
Spies looks to have found form again too...
Jun 05, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered User
another cracking race well done stoner .but what happened to simoncelli today i was hoping for some more of his trade mark madness i think he is a great rider just what is needed to build up some good old fashioned rivalry between the riders .
And great to see the doctor is curing that ducatti wont be long until he is back up into first place again cant wait for the british g.p
Jun 07, 2011, 01:39 PM
Registered User
what a boring race... Stoner's just killing it this year! Good on him. I hope the Yamaha's find something more so we can have a year long battle for the championship. Too bad Dani is out next round as well. I wonder if Stoner will break the record for most wins in a season.

Hope Colin comes back soon and it's good to see the baby step's the Ducati is making. Maybe they'll be up front before the end of the season.
Jun 07, 2011, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Chris Nicastro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR600RR
Didn't Rossi also win on the 500s before the switch to 4 stroke? Or is he already not part of the modern era? I feel you can and should put Rossi in that list.
Here is a Wiki link to his career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentino_Rossi
Jun 07, 2011, 02:55 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Lukey B's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR600RR
what a boring race... Stoner's just killing it this year! Good on him. I hope the Yamaha's find something more so we can have a year long battle for the championship. Too bad Dani is out next round as well. I wonder if Stoner will break the record for most wins in a season.

Hope Colin comes back soon and it's good to see the baby step's the Ducati is making. Maybe they'll be up front before the end of the season.
I hear ya man... It reminds me very much of the Doohan era, the guy pushes so hard from lap one to the checkered flag that no one really stands a chance... You only need to pull a tenth per lap, and at the end of the race it's a long way...

Great ride from Stoner, but yes, he makes the rest seem a bit boring... Just like Doohan did... And he's an Aussie on board a Repsol Honda aswell...

Nice race from Spies too... Under the pump the whole race, and never made a mistake, same for Jorge and Dovi...

It was nice to see Ducati finishing a little better, they'll get it sorted soon enough...

And now something like seven races in eight weeks... Can't wait...
Jun 11, 2011, 09:07 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Absolutely gutted.

Cal Crutchlow out of tomorrows race with a fractured collarbone and concussion after a crash 3 laps into qualifying. Tech 3 need to start stocking up on collarbone plates the way things are going for them.

Amazing Abraham getting sixth, ahead of every other Ducati. Didn't see that one coming or Rossi qualifying thirteenth!
Jun 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Lukey B's Avatar
Yeah Crazy times for Tech 3... And Ducati...

Casey seems to be up to his old tricks... Fastest every session, and got pole again this time too...

Abraham sure is showin up the factory boys ha...
Jun 13, 2011, 12:17 AM
Registered User
Pedro51's Avatar
Casey certainly is the man this year.

I'm really pleased for Colin and Tech 3. Two riders with broken collarbones and still a podium.

Not the greatest race but at my stage in life I wouldn't ride to the shops in those conditions.

Cheers
Peter
Jun 13, 2011, 01:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro51
Casey certainly is the man this year.

I'm really pleased for Colin and Tech 3. Two riders with broken collarbones and still a podium.

Not the greatest race but at my stage in life I wouldn't ride to the shops in those conditions.

Cheers
Peter
No joke!

Wife and I were sat at luffield C the wind and rain may it feel like you were being shot blasted!

Stoner was in a league of is own but owes a certain amount of gratitude to Dobbie for backing up the field in the early stages and removing any pressure on him, no.s 58 & 1 ended up on there arse after several attempts of trying to push/pass Dobbie in shocking conditions.

Jim
Jun 13, 2011, 07:39 AM
Registered User
swheels's Avatar
Well let see, could yamaha have made a regretable mistake in letting Rossi go????? Is Rossi asking Nicky Hayden, How in the heck do you ride this CRAP!LOL The hondas seem un-beatable at this stage.
Poor Lorenzo is asking for more HP or something to battle with Casey. Lorenzo stated that the Yamaha isn't working as good this year.
Jun 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by swheels
Well let see, could yamaha have made a regretable mistake in letting Rossi go????? Is Rossi asking Nicky Hayden, How in the heck do you ride this CRAP!LOL The hondas seem un-beatable at this stage.
Poor Lorenzo is asking for more HP or something to battle with Casey. Lorenzo stated that the Yamaha isn't working as good this year.

Rossi was so slow through Beckett's it was almost weird his bike had no front end twitched under power it looked crap to be honest a very unsettled machine....maybe they were trying something new that did not quite work out Hayden's bike looked a lot friendlier.

Jim


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Anyone painting motogp venom bodies??? rpedro Motorcycles 7 Jun 07, 2010 05:27 AM
For Sale 1.9 custom scale unimog scale crawler flyer_dad Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 1 Apr 20, 2010 04:12 PM
Sold 1/10th scale 1/8 scale scale jrplane Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 1 Feb 27, 2010 03:50 PM
Cool Looking for a 1/5 MotoGP test pilot.... Jena67 Motorcycles 5 Feb 07, 2006 01:08 PM
My 1/8 and MotoGP Shrine SiBaySong Motorcycles 8 Oct 04, 2004 06:42 AM