This thread is privately moderated by steamboatmodel, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 08, 2010, 12:08 PM
Just call me "Mo"
I just noticed!! Hurray..Gerald!!!!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2010, 04:49 PM
Me to YAAAA
Bob Big
Jun 21, 2010, 09:29 AM
Just call me "Mo"
I found this compiled list of Steam engine and boiler books that have been scanned into use by Google-- there are links to a pdf file on each book.

Enjoy the over 100 books on this broad subject

http://stommel.tamu.edu/~baum/google-steam.html
Last edited by mogogear; Aug 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Aug 16, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Some how these two got missed.
Scale Model Steamboats - by Phillip Vaughan Williams
Model Marine Steam by Author: Stan Bray
Regards,
Gerald.
Aug 25, 2010, 09:23 AM
"Experimental Flash Steam" by J.H.Benson and A.A.Rayman.
Aug 26, 2010, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
That one is for those who really want to move along.
Added to list.
Thanks,
Gerald.
Dec 01, 2010, 10:41 AM
Thread OP
Added a couple more.
Bogs Book
http://hotfile.com/dl/65130144/d7e33..._book.exe.html

More plans They are in French but very buildable
http://jpduval.free.fr/Plans_moteurs_vapeur_p1.htm
The Oscillating twin cylinder engine is very popular.

Regards,
Gerald.
Dec 06, 2010, 11:44 AM
"gamma"
Any suggestion about a book, in particular, suitable to a new comer to steam model boats?
Theory, practical tips, plans... you know what i mean...just to get started

thank you
Dec 08, 2010, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio-italia
Any suggestion about a book, in particular, suitable to a new comer to steam model boats?
Theory, practical tips, plans... you know what i mean...just to get started

thank you
Hi Sergio,
I could refer to the first post and say all of them, but if you are just starting I think you should start with;
or
After those if you are interested in building your own, then the K.N Harris's books Model Boilers and Boilermaking or Model Stationary and Marine Steam Engines.
Then work your way through the rest.
Regards,
Gerald.
Dec 08, 2010, 12:24 PM
"gamma"
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboatmodel
Hi Sergio,
I could refer to the first post and say all of them, but if you are just starting I think you should start with;
or
After those if you are interested in building your own, then the K.N Harris's books Model Boilers and Boilermaking or Model Stationary and Marine Steam Engines.
Then work your way through the rest.
Regards,
Gerald.
Thank you Gerald, I'll look for them...the bug is in and I want to learn more before starting my next project
Mar 24, 2011, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
This link applies more to full size equipment than models, but does cover steam basics;
http://www.pipingnews.com/steam2.htm
Regards,
Gerald.
Sep 15, 2011, 07:37 AM
Thread OP
Not really a book but usefull,I found this years back
The Truth about Steam Oil
by Harry Wade
http://www.southernsteamtrains.com/m...-oil-hwade.htm
Regards,
Gerald.
Dec 04, 2011, 02:32 PM
Grumpa Tom
I have in my hands right now, a copy of "The Steam Launch" by Richard M. Mitchell. Published in 1982 by International Marine Publishing Company.

It is on loan, from the San Francisco Maritime NHP Library. My wife is a librarian and she was able to obtain it via the Interlibrary Loan program.

It is an amazing reference book. For anyone interested in the history, the construction, and literally hundreds of photos of steam launches, steam engines, and steam boilers, and boat drawings and plans, this book is a must have. Unfortunately, it is out of print and must be located through antiquarian book sellers. I would love to keep this book, but alas it must be returned.
Dec 05, 2011, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
I have in my hands right now, a copy of "The Steam Launch" by Richard M. Mitchell. Published in 1982 by International Marine Publishing Company.

It is on loan, from the San Francisco Maritime NHP Library. My wife is a librarian and she was able to obtain it via the Interlibrary Loan program.

It is an amazing reference book. For anyone interested in the history, the construction, and literally hundreds of photos of steam launches, steam engines, and steam boilers, and boat drawings and plans, this book is a must have. Unfortunately, it is out of print and must be located through antiquarian book sellers. I would love to keep this book, but alas it must be returned.
You are lucky, I have tried to borrow a copy for years, but there was only one available in the Canadian system and it has been listed as missing. I will add it to the list.
Regards,
Gerald.
Sep 07, 2012, 10:16 AM
Thread OP
BlackAlex found these;
Books on the steam technics in Russian - coppers, motors, principles of construction and calculations. Can to whom it is useful, who that knows language. In electronic form. Freely to downloading.

http://turbobit.in.ua/otzwshkdhgi6.html

In a collection there is a book of 1910, about steam-engines.

Regards,
Gerald.

Quick Reply