Help me make my mind up for me! - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 10, 2010, 06:22 PM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Help!

Help me make my mind up for me!


Okay, I think my head is getting ready to explode! I'm looking to get a new airframe to go with some gear I already have, but I can't seem to narrow it down to one.......so here's where I need the help.

Here's what I got to work with:

Reaper GR60
CC Ice 100
3x HS-225MGs
2x HS-5245MGs
Flightmax 4S 4000 20C
Futaba R617FS

Planes I'm looking at are:
3DHS 57" Sukhoi
3DHS 57" Extra 330SC
3DHS 55" Edge
EF 58" Extra 300


I'm open to recommendation that may not be listed.......also, if there are any on the new ones on the horizon that I haven't heard about, let me know.

Thanks,

Jay
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 10, 2010, 07:54 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
rcbirk21's Avatar
ive been drooling over the 330sc, so i would probably go with that one.
Apr 10, 2010, 08:01 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
sun.flyer's Avatar
3DHS 57" SC would be a perfect fit for your gear. Power would be excellent on 4s!!

Tim
Apr 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
215.0 MPH
markusvt's Avatar
3DHS 55" Edge, biased towards 3D.
3DHS 57" Sukhoi, biased towards sport.

3DHS 57" Extra 330SC is the 55SHP replacement, Good all around, I would snap it up in a heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety Hawk
Okay, I think my head is getting ready to explode! I'm looking to get a new airframe to go with some gear I already have, but I can't seem to narrow it down to one.......so here's where I need the help.

Here's what I got to work with:

Reaper GR60
CC Ice 100
3x HS-225MGs
2x HS-5245MGs
Flightmax 4S 4000 20C
Futaba R617FS

Planes I'm looking at are:
3DHS 57" Sukhoi
3DHS 57" Extra 330SC
3DHS 55" Edge
EF 58" Extra 300


I'm open to recommendation that may not be listed.......also, if there are any on the new ones on the horizon that I haven't heard about, let me know.

Thanks,

Jay
Apr 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
Registered User
GoldCraft's Avatar
330sc
Apr 10, 2010, 09:17 PM
Team 3DHS
BoneDoc's Avatar
57" sc
Apr 10, 2010, 09:19 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Hypersprint's Avatar
I just happen to have a 57" SC airframe available

Rob
Apr 10, 2010, 10:09 PM
Registered User
mattk0's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
57" sc
+1 - 57" SC if you don't already have one.
Apr 10, 2010, 10:20 PM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint
I just happen to have a 57" SC airframe available

Rob
Hey Rob....PM sent.

Jay
Apr 10, 2010, 10:57 PM
spitfire thunders superior
tuck's Avatar
Boy, you are in a pickle......
SC.

Friggin gr 60 in a 55"edge would rip through the hyperlanes.
Apr 10, 2010, 10:58 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Hypersprint's Avatar
jay,

Your message box is full

Rob
Apr 10, 2010, 11:28 PM
Registered User
Hmmm, this is a timely thread... I'm in exactly the same situation as the Safety Hawk. I picked up a GR60 on sale last week (as I suspect many have). I see the 57" SC is the unanimous choice. The GR60 is too much motor for the 55" Edge?? I have both, the 47" Edge, and 47" 300SR, both powered with GR35s. I love them both... The SR so much I bought a spare, since they're no longer available. If they decide to drop the Edge I may buy TWO more! Markus, why do you say the 57" Suk is biased toward Sport? The one plane I don't have in my collection is a round cowl... I was leaning that way. Though I didn't like the need for a second motor box for the electric motor on that one. Hmmmm (again), wish I could just buy all three. My wife would S! So it's the SC.... Red or yellow??
-Rodger
Apr 10, 2010, 11:49 PM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersprint
jay,

Your message box is full

Rob
Opps......I freed up some space now. I got one pm from you.

Edit: I stand corrected. After freeing some space another PM showed up.
Apr 10, 2010, 11:50 PM
Lets Make a Deal
Hypersprint's Avatar
Another on the way

Rob
Apr 11, 2010, 12:01 AM
Here We Go!
Safety Hawk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wing
Markus, why do you say the 57" Suk is biased toward Sport?
My understanding with the Suk is that it requires a bit more finesse to 3d well, but it will 3d with the best of them......however, take that with a grain of salt as I've never flown the Sukhoi.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Help me make up my mind SMCLEODVT Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 6 Jan 18, 2010 07:26 PM
Discussion Can't make up my mind houseboat Electric Heli Talk 5 Dec 07, 2009 12:33 PM
Discussion can't make up my mind, help me out guys! dutchalltheway 3D Flying 8 Nov 08, 2006 11:06 PM
Jeti 500 vs Kontronic 4001: Can't Make Up My Mind kelvin Electric Plane Talk 2 Apr 16, 2002 12:26 PM
Cant make up my mind ? exowatt Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 1 Apr 28, 2001 08:57 PM