Sep 01, 2016, 06:57 PM
hey guys
i just got one and wonder if anyone could answer a question. manual says "the night vapors front wing mount should be positioned at approximately 28-3omm behind the front of the fuse for the initial flights" mine is 20mm back and although the rear wing support will slide back or forward, the front wing support i cant get to move. i tryed removing the landing gear and the 2 tiny set screws but it still wont move. called horizon tech help, but they didnt seem to know that much about it. i am beginning to suspect that the front wing support isnt supposed to move. but why would the manual say that ? just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to measure their distance and reply.
thanks
jerbear
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
...manual says "the night vapors front wing mount should be positioned at approximately 28-3omm behind the front of the fuse for the initial flights" mine is 20mm back...
Mine is 20. Maybe they designed it to be adjustable, and printed the manual, and THEN they found out that it slides too easily so they added a dot of glue at manufacture time. I think it's my Mini Vapor that I have to keep checking because the wing slides easily. Tech support really should have a note about that in their 'more current' documentation but maybe someone dropped the ball on that one.

Even though 20 vs 28-30 sounds like a lot it probably doesn't make a lot of difference. The battery location is easily adjustable and CG counts for more than anything else.

The wing more forward will make it handle differently, loops larger. Other than that these tiny planes have such a narrow range of performance that the design 'change' moving the wing forward won't be very noticeable.
Jan 31, 2017, 08:44 PM
Well it finally happened. I've had my NV for several years. It's survived donkings against the living room walls, spending the night in a tree, even a dunk in the pool - all without ever breaking any parts. Never broken a prop, landing gear or anything... Until tonight.

It was too windy but I was flying anyway. While harriering about 4 feet off the driveway a gust grabbed my NV, flipped it and slammed it down nose first.

Broke the motor mount, but that was an easy glue job. More worrisome is the two brownouts I've experinced during tests in the living room.

Such is life.
Aug 20, 2017, 11:18 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Not sure which Vapor thread is active, but here is a video a shot this morning with my Night Vapor just as the sun was coming up. Turnigy 2K Black camera set to 1080 60FPS, and 4X zoom. The zoom makes it grainy unfortunately, but without it, the subject looks farther away than it really is.

Warning: Video has music, but it is very appropriate

Vapor at Sunrise (3 min 17 sec)
Aug 20, 2017, 11:57 AM
What are the best batteries you are using for the Night Vapor? Dusting off mine and all the batteries are old/toast
Aug 20, 2017, 12:19 PM
Nice landing Cubcrazy!
Aug 20, 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
What are the best batteries you are using for the Night Vapor? Dusting off mine and all the batteries are old/toast
I know it comes with a 70 or 75, but I flew mine on 150's and 175's, I suspect the nanotechs would be ok on this. the extra weight helped it fly at a more level angle but you could stick the nose up and float around on power of you wanted.
Aug 20, 2017, 02:09 PM
3D enthusiast
This is my plane of choice for teaching flying newcomers. There's enough reaction time to avoid a crash, especially once I've put it 50 feet up in the air; if a crash occurs it often doesn't do damage; if damage occurs it's very affordable to repair. Gets a person a chance to experience the basics of throttle management and flight orientations. It always amuses me how people who've never flown before will think it's easy, and then struggle to fly this plane. But it's such a relaxing plane, great fun. I've been flying mine for about 3 years now: the old Vapor; and I bought it second-hand from a guy who may have been flying it for about as long before me.
Aug 20, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locoworks View Post
I know it comes with a 70 or 75, but I flew mine on 150's and 175's, I suspect the nanotechs would be ok on this. the extra weight helped it fly at a more level angle but you could stick the nose up and float around on power of you wanted.
I'm going to get four of these:
http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g5-50...r-p-12518.html

Will be fun to fly this plane again...
Aug 22, 2017, 11:06 AM
Nice flying Cub Crazy. This is one of my favorite relaxing fliers for after work. Can't begin to recall how long the landing gear has been broken off. I just hand toss it & land in the grass - figure it has less wind resistance!!
Aug 22, 2017, 01:58 PM
Fly and Drive RC
I use the 150mah batteries and take it up high and just kill throttle and let it float!
Sep 05, 2017, 02:46 PM
Does anyone have a link to a prop adapter for the Ultra-Micro 4-Site props.

The only one I could find in this topic was from a guy that only takes PayPal.
Sep 14, 2017, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know the prop shaft diameter of the Vapor. I have read .8mm and 1mm. Having a hard time finding a prop adaptor/saver that works.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:06 PM
I finally found some prop savers that actually screw right onto the prop shaft of the Night Vapor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-MM-Prop-Sh...-/282658905347
Oct 08, 2017, 09:07 AM
Never too old to learn
I picked up a NV while at EWeek .
I didn't realize it has been out so long. Anyway, I was seeing these really slow flying objects over the road near the electric line at night and ventured over to see just what they were.
It looked very relaxing to fly so the next day I grabbed one at one of the vendors.
I charged the battery and took it up that evening. I flew great nice and slow but dove right to the ground two or three times. Broke the prop shaft and LG on the third ground strike.
One of the guys that was flying his replaced the prop shaft but couldn't fix the LG.
I didn't attempt flying it anymore since I needed the LG.
Once I was home I started reading the posts here and realized I could fly it without the LG but I haven't had a calm morning or evening.
Looking forward to taking her up asap. I'll add the brace to the hor stab while I'm waiting on the wind to die.

Tom

Quick Reply