Oct 01, 2011, 12:40 PM
In the 20' glider range
I would kill for a Vapor that had the wingspan around 50 inches. Same build and construction. Just HUGE! hahahah
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2011, 02:20 PM
I Like Deraring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
And dobt get 150mah get 120mah you get over 10 min flight time with the 120 and somebody said the 150mah felt was to heavy
I'd rather keep it light for in the house, I'll probably get the smaller lipos. I don't need to fly it over 5min at a time.

Cheers!
Oct 02, 2011, 12:40 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Just gotnthe night vapor today for 50$ bnf the hobby shop said he had it for awhile and it needed a home i was flying it inside a little living room broke the wheel rod off and cant seem to get the plastic peace out ill get it tomarrow and also like 15 min later i land on the carpet (lost control going to fast) but it wasent hard and the threaded part of the prop shaft broke so i epoxyed a t-28 prop on it so i will be able to fly it tomarrow out side today was alittle windy but i like it
Oct 02, 2011, 02:29 AM
Lets fly away...
Just ordered a couple of hyperion G3 CX 160mAh batts. May do the floats mod like Nick did Now I just need a lake or pond or large puddle

How do you guys loop this thing? Mine seems to want to go into a nose up hover.
Oct 02, 2011, 06:15 AM
Night Vapor flying in freezing, snow weather just to show you can still fly all winter when it gets here.

ParkZone Night Vapor Review Flight Characteristics Flying in Windy Icy Snowy Conditions (5 min 23 sec)
Oct 02, 2011, 06:31 PM
I can fly from my wheelchair
So far, I've only flown my Night Vapor from my wheelchair, diabetes claimed my right leg in July.

A Polecat came home today, my addiction to UM planes remains strong. My RC flying buddies are the main reason I'm still sane and alive.
Oct 02, 2011, 07:19 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74
Just ordered a couple of hyperion G3 CX 160mAh batts. May do the floats mod like Nick did Now I just need a lake or pond or large puddle

How do you guys loop this thing? Mine seems to want to go into a nose up hover.
put your battery all the way farward ass close to the motor as possible the battery tray can slide slide it to the motor
Oct 02, 2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
put your battery all the way farward ass close to the motor as possible the battery tray can slide slide it to the motor
If he wants to loop it - then he should move the battery BACK towards the circuit board.
Oct 02, 2011, 07:27 PM
Power Wheels Guru
To loop you want to slide the battery tray back, not fwd. This allows for the Slowest flight, too.

For best loop performance, move the pushrod to a hole in the control horn closer to the elevator surface (it should just touch the bottom of the rudder at full travel.

To get the REALLY best loop performance, swap in the J-3 motor. No other mod makes loops easier.
Oct 03, 2011, 07:15 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
To loop you want to slide the battery tray back, not fwd. This allows for the Slowest flight, too.

For best loop performance, move the pushrod to a hole in the control horn closer to the elevator surface (it should just touch the bottom of the rudder at full travel.

To get the REALLY best loop performance, swap in the J-3 motor. No other mod makes loops easier.
when my battery wasin the back i couldent harrier with it as ell as i could with it up front i gues thats just me tho
Oct 05, 2011, 09:11 PM
Fly low or fly home.
omg ok my gearbox broke off my night vapor i wanted to hover and have vertical with it or atleast try well i took a peace of foam put and old t-28 gearbox and motor glued it to the small foam block glue the foam block to the main bar in the night vapor fuselage and i just thought of this tonight im going to go outside in the dark! and test it inside i am on like 50% and under to fly slow in side with the stock motor well this motor i am flying no higher than 1/3 or else you blast off haha it just pulls right up i think its unlimeted vertical!
Oct 06, 2011, 05:30 PM
[/IMG]
Quote:
when my battery wasin the back i couldent harrier with it as ell as i could with it up front i gues thats just me tho
Yeah, I'd think you'd normally want it near the rear. I just took a quick video[/URL] of my beat up original vapor that I use for flying indoors.
I've removed the landing gear, battery tray and nose cone to keep it as light as possible. I velcro the battery behind the receiver to move the CG back so I can fly slow at high alpha.

E-flite Vapor (1 min 59 sec)
Last edited by joemi; Oct 06, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Oct 13, 2011, 08:31 AM
Lets fly away...
Tried out the hyperion 160mAh 25C batts yesterday inside the house. Man does it pick up speed...I should have taken it outside before trying this indoors. *doH* Crashed my trusty NV into the TV. Now the NV shakes like something crazy on medium throttle. Tried hand launching the thing at full throttle, but it went down.

Looked at the NV in the daylight. It has no cracks, rips, or visible marks. Unscrewed the prop and noticed that one of the prop-halves was wobbly in the spinner. Not sure if this is whats causing the shakes. So do I CA the sucker, or get a new spinner?

Edit: CAed the prop and ordered a spare
Last edited by Nighthawk74; Oct 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:18 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Tried out the hyperion 160mAh 25C batts yesterday inside the house. Man does it pick up speed...I should have taken it outside before trying this indoors. *doH* Crashed my trusty NV into the TV. Now the NV shakes like something crazy on medium throttle. Tried hand launching the thing at full throttle, but it went down.

Looked at the NV in the daylight. It has no cracks, rips, or visible marks. Unscrewed the prop and noticed that one of the prop-halves was wobbly in the spinner. Not sure if this is whats causing the shakes. So do I CA the sucker, or get a new spinner?

Sounds like a bent prop shaft. Pretty common on the Vapor.
Oct 13, 2011, 02:14 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:

Yea if you look at the prop from the side and have it on a realy low speed you might see that your prop line is like double vision that means your gear box is loose or bent prop shaft.

Quick Reply