Apr 10, 2010, 12:40 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
Very nice!!
Apr 11, 2010, 09:38 AM
Cool before it was cool
Yeah, pretty cool!
Apr 27, 2010, 05:58 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
The night vapor is supposed to be a bit shorter correct?
Apr 27, 2010, 10:14 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
The night vapor is supposed to be a bit shorter correct?
Original specifications that came out when we first heard about it had it shorter but longer wingspan (or the other way around). Current specifications on the Parkzone website would make it very close (basically, you could not see any difference without mesuring it. (less than 1/4 inch both ways...).

On the other side, the specifications are still giving 16grams, so one more gram than the old Vapor. This should not be a problem at all. (I've flown the old one with heavier batteries and the flight doesn't get affected by much). So basically, I would worry more about the weight than size.
Apr 27, 2010, 10:25 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Too bad they didn't give it a little more power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
Original specifications that came out when we first heard about it had it shorter but longer wingspan (or the other way around). Current specifications on the Parkzone website would make it very close (basically, you could not see any difference without mesuring it. (less than 1/4 inch both ways...).

On the other side, the specifications are still giving 16grams, so one more gram than the old Vapor. This should not be a problem at all. (I've flown the old one with heavier batteries and the flight doesn't get affected by much). So basically, I would worry more about the weight than size.
Apr 28, 2010, 09:59 AM
Amsoil Dealer
Quote:

The Night Vapor is the same identical size to the original vapor. Same motor/battery/brick. Just added the modular parts to make repairs easier, and added the lights, along with the new colorscheme.

Seth
Apr 28, 2010, 10:07 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I might get one of these or just the lights - I love my vapor

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
The Night Vapor is the same identical size to the original vapor. Same motor/battery/brick. Just added the modular parts to make repairs easier, and added the lights, along with the new colorscheme.

Seth
May 01, 2010, 01:53 AM
ED3
ED3
100% RC ADDICT
cool

ed
May 01, 2010, 09:39 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-Seth

Seth
Do you know if the lights will be available as a package, so owners of older Vapor could use them on theirs?

Sadly, I have a feeling you may need a connector on the Rx, which the old Vapors may not have... Right? Wrong?
May 01, 2010, 09:42 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I think your thoughts are correct unfortunately

[/B]
Quote:
Do you know if the lights will be available as a package, so owners of older Vapor could use them on theirs?

Sadly, I have a feeling you may need a connector on the Rx, which the old Vapors may not have... Right? Wrong?
May 01, 2010, 09:54 AM
The connectors are not that hard to solder on, I got these from glen2626
TODD
May 01, 2010, 01:01 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Surface mount are usually a pain in the b.... to solder. I did order some from Digi-Key, but sadly, pins are under the connectors, and do not extend a bit. (I knew they would be like that, but should be able to solder wires if I have too.)

Got some very nice 1S battery connectors that are perfect though. 1 out of 2 is not too bad I guess.
May 02, 2010, 08:40 PM
I have been night flying my vapor for quite a while now using these.
They work great and are easy to see as well as install.
http://flightlights.net/microsub.html
But I did pre order a night vapor as well...just couldn't resist
May 02, 2010, 10:08 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Does the extra weight affect flight? How do they plug into 5-1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin1205
I have been night flying my vapor for quite a while now using these.
They work great and are easy to see as well as install.
http://flightlights.net/microsub.html
But I did pre order a night vapor as well...just couldn't resist

Quick Reply