Central Alabama RC has a new home!!! - Page 11 - RC Groups
Apr 29, 2011, 09:41 AM
Central Alabama RCShips, Sails
Crash,

As far as I know , everyone in the club is ok, Haven't heard anything bad.

Thanks for checking on us.

Jared
to remove ads between posts
May 01, 2011, 08:08 AM
Restful User
Just now getting around to checking in here. We be OKey-Dokey.

The Cordova tornado passed about a mile south of me, and I was w/o power (and phones) for a couple of days. No damage to speak of at my place. Been helping with the cleanup effort.

We were lucky. Many weren't...

--Bill
May 01, 2011, 08:11 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
I heard from Seadog...they are ok too.
May 02, 2011, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear he's ok!!

Next meeting will be Aladridge Gardens 9 am this coming Saturday 5/7/11.

I may not show, having block put in my back this week. I'll try to make the one on the 21st.

Jared
May 03, 2011, 12:00 PM
**NOT GUILTY**

Hey you guys are invited....

...to the Flimp Festival...see the info in the MMBC Thread....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...772876&page=58

I know this your day to sail anyway and just thought I would throw it out there.....Crash
May 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
We had a good meeting last Saturday, I did make it after all!!

A couple of us ,myself and Ron have converted over to the 2.4 GHz radios from Hobbypartz. For the price I was really surprised. I took NO hits on either my 2 or 6 channel radios. Before, using either FM or AM I would have all kinds of radio problems.

These things are worth the money guys! A 2 channel 2.4Ghz for $19.70, a 6 channel for $31.70 You can purchase additional recievers for $7.40 for a 3 channel or $9,00 for a 6 channel. I really can't brag enough about the quality and price of these FlySky radios. Oh, any order over $25.00 has FREE shipping. Service from Hobbypartz has been good as well. I received a bad patch cable with my 6 channel system. E-mailed them and within a week, I had a new one.

The meeting was good except for the snakes. We had intruded on a water mocasin where we launch. After a couple of running battles, we convinced him to hunt for minnows elsewhere. A good day was had by all 5 of us that showed.

Hobbypartz here: http://www.hobbypartz.com/
May 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
Next meeting this coming Saturday, 5/21/11, 9:00 am at Aldridge Gardens. Promises to be a nice day for boating.
May 22, 2011, 06:55 PM
We had a great meeting with 6 members in attendance.

After battling snakes for the biggest part of the morning (about a dozen), we had some real excitment....David's green air boat suffered a goose dive bombing attack

You can see in the shots the before and after pics of the attack. I sure wish I'd had the video camera rolling at the time The goose damaged mostly the porps and motors. ( Of course the most expensive parts of the boat). He was dead in the middle of the lake and couple of the guys pushed him to shore. He had to walk about 1/4 of a mile to retrive the boat.

David has now earned the nickname of "Goose" We'll see if it sticks.......

I ran a new boat this wekend, a Dumas PT 212 in late war configeration. The boat ran great, just a little too much motor for it though. Way beyound scale speed.

We had a couple of sheet boats, two Schnelboots, another airboat, a sub, a several trawlers.

Looking forward to next meeting on 6/4/11.

Jared
May 23, 2011, 07:39 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Wow..great turnout...."Goose"...that's most appropriate....now you need to find "Mav" and "Iceman"...
May 30, 2011, 02:39 PM
Ok guys, next meeting this coming Saturday 6/4/11 at 9am, Aldridge Gardens.

See you there.

Jared
Jun 08, 2011, 02:38 PM
We had a great turn out of members Saturday. I think I counted 7.

Aldridge Gardens was hosting an Arts & Crafts Show. needless to say we had a large audiance as well. We had several folks to come by and visit, ask questions and Oh and Ah at the boats.

New sea trials for Alan's steam launch. It ran great and Alan had done a beautiful job on building and finishing the boat.

We have picked up some new members and now have a total of 16!!

We had our first anniversay at Aldridge Gardens in April this year. Growing slowly, but growing.
Jun 08, 2011, 03:03 PM
r/c ships and workboats
congradulations on your groups 1 year aniversary and costant growth!
Jun 08, 2011, 10:02 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Great pictures & report.
Jun 08, 2011, 11:34 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Wow, a year already. Congrats.
Jun 09, 2011, 08:31 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Quote:
Originally Posted by green-boat
Wow, a year already. Congrats.

Ya done good!