haha
happy maiden RC Pepe..
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2010, 05:31 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Pepe
OK my MIG is ready for take off.
Only thing i cant decide between to mount Stingers or smoke tanks.

What leads me to another topic...Pete already mentioned that "inexpensive" refills will be available.
No more information on that so far or was i too blind to find em ?

@Pete..do the Smoke cartridges become warm, i mean does the Smoke Tank kinda melt or burn or can it be simply refilled and utilized again?

cant wait to write "IOU" into the sky :lol:
Can you please tell me what your AUW is with the battery installed? And what size packs are you using? I'm having Tam custom build me a super power setup but I need to know what the weight is so far so I can plan accordingly.
Last edited by Pepperpete; Sep 08, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
Sep 08, 2010, 06:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete
Can you please tell me what your AUW is with the battery installed?
See previous post in this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=774

With the stock setup, if you leave all bombs & rockets off, you get about 2.430 grams.

Quote:
And what size packs are you using?
See the many previous posts. You have lots of options there.

Cheers,
Henrik
Sep 08, 2010, 06:20 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges
See previous post in this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=774

With the stock setup, if you leave all bombs & rockets off, you get about 2.430 grams.

See the many previous posts. You have lots of options there.

Cheers,
Henrik
Thanks for the info. Not sure how I missed that. How much do the bombs and missiles come out to? I plan on keeping them on.
Sep 08, 2010, 10:34 PM
Woohoo, got a notice that BH will be shipping my airframe within the next 3 days
Sep 09, 2010, 02:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Woohoo, got a notice that BH will be shipping my airframe within the next 3 days
Cool! What kind of components are you going to put in? Will you leave gizmos like the lights off?

Cheers,
Henrik
Sep 09, 2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hklagges
Cool! What kind of components are you going to put in? Will you leave gizmos like the lights off?

Cheers,
Henrik
I'm still considering my options. I'm curious to see whether the lights come pre-installed or not in the BH package. If they're not installed, I might try installing more accurate-looking LED's.
Sep 09, 2010, 06:16 AM
kero burner
Does the Airframe only include the servoless retracts? Not sure if this was asked or not already?
Sep 09, 2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlilfan
Does the Airframe only include the servoless retracts? Not sure if this was asked or not already?
It's not stated explicitly; from what is listed to complete the kit,

* Minimum 6 Channel Transmitter and Receiver
* Battery and Charger
* 2x Brushless Electric Speed Controllers
* 2x Brushless Motors
* 17x Servos

it follows that the retracts should be included.
Sep 09, 2010, 07:35 AM
@all who asked for the AUW. i will put it onto the scale later.
I utilized small neodym wafer magnets to mount the big rockets /or the smoke tanks. (so i can tell u the weight of both configurations)

for the maiden (planned tomorrow) i put the stingers on...the smaller rockets are mounted on double sided adhesive as they will kept on board .

Got spare smoke refills on stock also i will use AX18 with the according electric ignitors.
As i already purchased 2 of each colour, i will give smoke flying a shot using my Diablotin . first....(attaching smoke is completely new to me.) but i love the idea

Thanks for the goood wishes on my first take off with a MIG ..(gt make a cam available as i have a mobile phone cam only )

@henrik..i mixed 30% up and down of the ailerons to the elevators..hope that will do the trick

**EDIT**
weight with rockets 2550g
weight with Smoke Pods instead 2690g

pretty chubby
Last edited by RC-Pepe; Sep 09, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
Sep 09, 2010, 10:29 AM
Out of stock already?? Pete...what gives?
Sep 09, 2010, 10:59 AM
Jet Foamy addict
Airframe Only
12 CH BlitzRCWorks Super MiG-29 3D Vector Thrust Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet ARF

Item No: 2068

Usually Ships in 1 to 3 Business Days
Sep 09, 2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backman8571
Airframe Only
12 CH BlitzRCWorks Super MiG-29 3D Vector Thrust Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet ARF

Item No: 2068

Usually Ships in 1 to 3 Business Days
Was he looking for the RTF or ARF kit?

Maybe he contacted customer support to verify in-stock before placing the order. Their website isn't always up-to-date ...
Sep 09, 2010, 11:36 AM
Ah....good catch...I was looking at the ARF.

So if I go with the airframe only...does it come with retracts in the box?
Last edited by sbritton; Sep 09, 2010 at 12:00 PM.
Sep 09, 2010, 12:15 PM
Vault-Tech Approved
According to customer service at BH the retracts are included in the airframe only version. But, the LED's are not.

Quick Reply