Jan 13, 2016, 12:31 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
For folks Here in the Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert AZ area....I will be offering mine up for sale shortly along with a brand new Mikoyan version still in the box. I am moving back to the Mesa/Gilbert area after the recent RIF's from Honeywell to which I was caught up in.

Will be posting in the classifieds shortly.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2016, 09:32 AM
Corsair Captain
Don't sell it, come fly with us at the Meridian field north of Brown rd. That is one beautiful bird.
Jan 13, 2016, 02:32 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk
Don't sell it, come fly with us at the Meridian field north of Brown rd. That is one beautiful bird.
May just do that since I am moving back out that way
Jan 15, 2016, 02:30 PM
Wanted: More Time to Fly
Unfortunately, no Garry, I did not get a video last weekend.
Hopefully I'll get some video of it this weekend. I'll be sure to do the loop a bit higher this time around...
I have been also drafted by my club to be a flight instructor starting tomorrow. Let's see how many silver hairs I get when teaching the first student....
Jan 16, 2016, 09:13 PM
Well I couldn't reproduce the loop incident of last flight, but I had a ton of fun with today's flight.
MiG-29 Aerobatic flight (2 min 29 sec)
Jan 16, 2016, 10:02 PM
Corsair Captain
Nicely done topdog
Jan 16, 2016, 10:06 PM
Thank you!
Anyone know if Pete still visits these forums? If not I want to show him that the MiG flies like it does in his videos.
In other news, Pete is back at BH! I want him to revisit the MiG with the updated power system. And maybe the Su-50...
Jan 16, 2016, 10:40 PM
Does that mean he will be appearing in BH videos again?
Jan 17, 2016, 01:23 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
Cool- I always liked Pete and BH always was good to me... sweet flight Topdog
Jan 19, 2016, 09:56 PM
Yep, Pete is already showed up in the HSD A-1 flight demo video and did a great job with that. Now if he could only come to Joe Nall, SEFF, or NEAT so i could fly formation with him...
Jan 26, 2016, 10:44 PM
It was "Take Your MiG to Work" today.
Needless to say it got people's attention.

Just one comment: whoever said jets attracted ladies needs to be slapped. I only drew the attention of guys wanting to see the jet fly at full burner.
Feb 19, 2016, 11:36 PM
I got my MiG signed by the Thunderbirds today. They were pretty amused by my bringing it slung over my shoulder.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:53 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
For folks Here in the Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert AZ area....I will be offering mine up for sale shortly along with a brand new Mikoyan version still in the box. I am moving back to the Mesa/Gilbert area after the recent RIF's from Honeywell to which I was caught up in.

Will be posting in the classifieds shortly.
I hope you can get along well Brandon.
Feb 24, 2016, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone. Have been looking at this thread for a while and thought I'd add my build to it for those that may be interested. I have been working on a red mig 29. Came as a kit only which made for a great starting point.
Firstly as I have an old PNP grey cammo one which is hard to transport, removable wings with reinforcing was the most important mod. 3 pieces of woven CF tubing. 2x6mm that slide inside an 8mm piece
The 8mm tube crosses the fan intakes 10mm from the top part of the intake but I'm told it will have no significant effect on performance.
No landing gear fitted due to CF tubing passing through LG wells
Model weight with 5000mah 6s HD battery 3.05 kg
Currently hovers at full power. 1:1 PW
2x70mm 10 blade CS fans with cyclone power 2000kv motors
80 amp turnigy speedys
5amp sbec
Static thrust currently drawing 108amps (full advance timing).
Combined motors 2336W
Will try 12 blade fans as well to check if PW changes while static.
Next to do a maiden flight and see how it flys
Love the thread and will update after maiden.
More photos to follow
Feb 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Nice job on the mods! What are you using to keep the wings from sliding off during flight?

Quick Reply