Jan 08, 2011, 11:37 PM
those pics are awesome. wonder how far that would go, if you had some sort of hang glider-esque wing on its back? LMAO
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2011, 12:46 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7
those pics are awesome. wonder how far that would go, if you had some sort of hang glider-esque wing on its back? LMAO
do you mean the Mig? or the VTOL Cat?
Jan 09, 2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon
do you mean the Mig? or the VTOL Cat?
Most likely the cat. Now maybe if you attached the smoke pods, too ...
Jan 09, 2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Most likely the cat. Now maybe if you attached the smoke pods, too ...
no need to attach those to him...he comes internally equiped...lol, however they're not odorless...lmfao
Jan 09, 2011, 02:20 AM
yes, I meant the cat. LOL.
Jan 09, 2011, 01:40 PM
Watts Up?
Quote:
This is my next Project...lol. Since I got him to VTOL once...I thought I would see how fast I could get him to go ...kind of a thrust to weight ratio thing LOL
So like wheres the CG on that think LOL
Jan 09, 2011, 01:41 PM
Watts Up?
Also remember Micheal Vick heheee I wonder how many years u would get LOL
Jan 09, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-ster
Also remember Micheal Vick heheee I wonder how many years u would get LOL
remember Micheal Vick??...as in Vick from EJF?
Jan 09, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
remember Micheal Vick??...as in Vick from EJF?
Michael Vick, as in the forbidden-to-ever-own-another-dog NFL athlete
Jan 09, 2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Michael Vick, as in the forbidden-to-ever-own-another-dog NFL athlete
thanks...Ah" I see?...didn't know what was meant or who he was refering to? ...I'm not a sports fan or follow it in any way. but now I get the innuendo?
Jan 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
well folks...the idea i was working on to clean up exit air thru the ball area with a jointed lexan tube is a no-go and to stiff and the flexing joint I did (Though had much better exit thrust) just wouldn't stand up to high volume exit air for extended periods....so...it's canned.

on to a new idea... :-)
Jan 11, 2011, 07:09 PM
He builds stuff. :)
I'm just waiting on my HS-82MG's to finish this bird up. I haven't tried the cheater holes yet but will probably get on that tomorrow. It's going to need to give me a really big increase for me to keep them though. Also that secondary door for the nosewheel drove me nuts as I could never really get it to close properly. So I simply extended the length of the main nosewheel gear door itself using balsa to make one long door. Problem solved with zero weight added.

Ok how are you guys attaching the missiles and bombs? I do not want them on permanently. And what order do they go in.
Last edited by Pepperpete; Jan 11, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Jan 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperpete
I'm just waiting on my HS-82MG's to finish this bird up. I haven't tried the cheater holes yet but will probably get on that tomorrow. It's going to need to give me a really big increase for me to keep them though. Also that secondary door for the nosewheel drove me nuts as I could never really get it to close properly. So I simply extended the length of the main nosewheel gear door itself using balsa to make one long door. Problem solved with zero weight added.

Ok how are you guys attaching the missiles and bombs? I do not want them on permanently. And what order do they go in.
the order of the missels is largest (longest) to smallest ....larger (longest) on the inboard side of the wing. the ordnance is glued to the pylon and the unit as a whole is then attached to the wing or removeable...that way the wing is in a cleaner configuration without the ordnance attached.

I currently use the stock method with the removable pins x2 on each piece of ordnance...but magnets work well too....and on some of my other jets that's what I use

the stock method that LX is using...is half of one of the single point hinges in each pylon at 2 locations (Fore & Aft) and the other half of the single point hinge is slightly clipped off to shorten it a bit and glued in the wing. when the 2 pieces of the hinges are placed together there is a retaining pin that goes thru them @ 2 places on each ordnance piece that hold them to the wing.
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jan 11, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Jan 15, 2011, 04:18 PM
Wow... I´m just out of words.
These people at Banana Hobby are just plain INCOMPETENT !!!! MY GOSH !!!

After 4 tries at customer service chat I have a last glow of hope that someone might react to a public cry for help...

My MIG-29 came with damaged missles and a defective retract-PCB (control circuit board) out of the box. for 2 months now I´ve been getting the runaround, contradicting answers, and one person after the other that don´t know what they´re takling about !
Finally after the 4th time of chatting for an evening with CSRs Fiona/Johnny/Raymond I finally got them to send me parts. I had explained about 10 times what I needed AND talked to Pete in person on the phone...

and what did I get now in the box ???

2 smoke pods and a single servo !!!!!!!!! Nothing of what I needed.
Are these guys just plain stupid ???????????

NOW I WANT MY DARN PLANE TO WORK AFTER 3 FRIGGIN MONTHS !!!!!!!!!

PETE -- WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH THAT BUSINESS YOU PROMOTE ???
Last edited by veithjj; Jan 25, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
Jan 15, 2011, 06:17 PM
well, let's get this straight first. it's not Pete's business. he just works there. he's just trying to build something up, from almost nothing.

I'm not saying that this isn't right, but quite often, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. this sounds like the same thing to me. I don't think they are trying to give you the runaround, but something isn't jiving on their end. sounds like you need to get Pete more personally involved. I don't blame you though, 3 months is a long time to wait on parts for a partially busted plane. good luck.

Quick Reply