Mar 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_S
Anyone ever order anything from rc4y.com or just4auto.com? I'm trying to get some landing gear for my Skywalker but both sites look shifty as hell.
After a PayPal dispute with Bev, I ordered gear through RC4Y...I thought it was a spinoff from them......I had no problems..got all my stuff.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2012, 06:37 AM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_S
Anyone ever order anything from rc4y.com or just4auto.com? I'm trying to get some landing gear for my Skywalker but both sites look shifty as hell.
I was wondering about those sites as well... wanted the same landing gear. rc4y.com looks like bevrc.com somehow. Anybody ordered the skywalker landing gear from theses guys?
Mar 15, 2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muduck
After a PayPal dispute with Bev, I ordered gear through RC4Y...I thought it was a spinoff from them......I had no problems..got all my stuff.
As far as gear goes, the only thing I could find at bevrc is the rear wheel. does bevrc have the front as well? thats the only reason I was looking at the other two sites.
Mar 15, 2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone ever heard of this guy?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-for-personal/
Mar 15, 2012, 09:46 AM
I thing is related some how to DIYDROMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
Mar 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah7566
In the clouds with the Sky Walker, it only took me 3 years to finally get this video. See if you can spot my buddies Zephyr II at 6:44. Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/38333265
awesome video!
Mar 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
AMA 937634
Yeah, Jordi is one of the guys that runs DIYDrones. http://www.diydrones.com

-Mike
Mar 15, 2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrrps
He is Co-Founder and CEO of 3DRobotics (DIYDrones).
Mar 15, 2012, 12:31 PM
Moderately Dangerous
What is the optimal location of a GPS module on this plane? Nose, top of the horizontal stab maybe? Does it have to be horizontal/flat, or can it be mounted at any angle?

FWIW, I have a Vee antenna mounted just forward of the vertical stabilizer:

Mar 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
What is the optimal location of a GPS module on this plane? Nose, top of the horizontal stab maybe? Does it have to be horizontal/flat, or can it be mounted at any angle?

FWIW, I have a Vee antenna mounted just forward of the vertical stabilizer:

where did you get the Vee antenna?
Mar 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mounted horizontally (it uses a sky facing patch antenna), away from ESC and video Tx antenna.

ian
Mar 15, 2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey
where did you get the Vee antenna?
dpcav.com

ian
Mar 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
Moderately Dangerous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Mounted horizontally (it uses a sky facing patch antenna), away from ESC and video Tx antenna.

ian
OK, so sounds like right on the nose or on the canopy is going to be the best spot, or perhaps next to the pan/tilt module. I have some magnets imbedded in the nose to retain the canopy, I'm wondering if those will affect the GPS signal if I embed the module in the foam. I'm thinking right above the battery bay.

And yes, the Vee is from DPCAV.com!
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=272&page=1

Mar 15, 2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey
He is Co-Founder and CEO of 3DRobotics (DIYDrones).
Thanks for the info.
Mar 15, 2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
dpcav.com

ian
I got mine with a 900 Mhz VTX at Range Video.

Quick Reply