Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Jul 19, 2011, 09:28 AM
$$$'s vs Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv
Most people on here use a 9x6 E-prop, but it all depends on your power setup and battery selection. I use a 9x4.5 as I have a higher KV motor (1220KV) and a 4S battery. What motor and battery are you planning to use?
Never mind, I just saw your post above. They recommend a 9x6 prop for your motor on a 4S.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv
Most people on here use a 9x6 E-prop, but it all depends on your power setup and battery selection. I use a 9x4.5 as I have a higher KV motor (1220KV) and a 4S battery. What motor and battery are you planning to use?
going to use a 3 cell 4500mah battery, going to use this motor

http://www.bevrc.com/ax2814-special-...ker-p-207.html

Going to use this esc

http://www.bevrc.com/ax-45a-brushless-esc-p-208.html
Jul 19, 2011, 09:41 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv
Never mind, I just saw your post above. They recommend a 9x6 prop for your motor on a 4S.
Im going to be on a 3s though
Jul 19, 2011, 10:09 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
AdamChicago's Avatar
Thanks...I was about to consider getting that one but then found "Servo Stretcher" from ServoCity that is basically just a servo cable for $20 that increases the servo pulse signal so you can get 180degrees out of a normal 90degree analog servo...woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40
What's wrong with the GWS sail-winch servo? It's really heavy for a servo, but I've never heard any complaints about it failing to do what it needs to do.
Jul 19, 2011, 10:16 AM
$$$'s vs Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234
Im going to be on a 3s though
Well, on a 3S I have mine running a 9x7.5 although I have not tested yet and the prop might stall on slow speeds. As said before, my motor is 1220KV. For a 980KV motor on 3S you are probably looking at a 10x6 or 10x7, but you will need to modify the Skywalker motor mount to swing a 10" prop.
Jul 19, 2011, 10:31 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv
Well, on a 3S I have mine running a 9x7.5 although I have not tested yet and the prop might stall on slow speeds. As said before, my motor is 1220KV. For a 980KV motor on 3S you are probably looking at a 10x6 or 10x7, but you will need to modify the Skywalker motor mount to swing a 10" prop.
What do you mean modify it?
Jul 19, 2011, 10:32 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
on bevrc website is recomends 3s with a prop of 9040e and 9060e
9x4e 9x6e
Jul 19, 2011, 10:34 AM
KJ6BFN
henkvdw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234
Hello all. I am upgrading my fpv to be put all into a skywalker that I am getting from bevrc.com. I am getting the version they have on there now and this is the gear I will be using. Please fell free to comment if its not ideal. Thanks!

40 amp esc with internal bec
http://www.bevrc.com/ax-45a-brushless-esc-p-208.html

Motor
http://www.bevrc.com/ax2814-special-...ker-p-207.html

Servos
http://www.bevrc.com/beves08ma-p-203.html

Battery
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15003
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14958
I dont know what one I should get yet.

All of the equimpment for the plane is suggested by bevrc and sold by them except the battery. Also, what prop should I use. Will I need a prop adapter? Thanks! Cant wait to get this thing and fly!!!!
rcplanes1234 is online now Send a private message to rcplanes1234 Find More Posts by rcplanes1234 Edit/Delete Message
IMO the kV (980 RPM/V) on the BevRC motor is to low to run on 3S with the prop limited to 9" or 10" diameter. With a 2814/3536 size motor on this kV and 3S, you could probably swing a 11" or even a 12" prop to be efficient.
The motor will never be stressed on 3S and a 9" or 10" prop, which is a good thing, but thrust will be wanting.
At a minimum, the kV should be in the 1250 RPM/V range on 3S. Many run 1450 and even 1500 RPM/V motors on 3S.

On 4S and a 9" prop one could drop the kV to around 1000 RPM/V.
There are 2814/3536 ish motors in the 1200 RPM/V range that you could run on 4S although most would be overheating outside of the 1000 - 1100 RPM/V on 4S.
The Scorpion SII 3014 1220 is one of those that will run safely on 4S with a 9x4.5" prop and deliver 2115 grams of thrust or you can run it on 3S with a 10x7" prop and get 1748 grams of thrust. Depending on the weight of your SW you might get 1:1 thrust to weight ratio on the 4S set-up if you are so inclined. The 1748 grams of thrust would also be more than ample on 3S.
Jul 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
IMO the kV (980 RPM/V) on the BevRC motor is to low to run on 3S with the prop limited to 9" or 10" diameter. With a 2814/3536 size motor on this kV and 3S, you could probably swing a 11" or even a 12" prop to be efficient.
The motor will never be stressed on 3S and a 9" or 10" prop, which is a good thing, but thrust will be wanting.
At a minimum, the kV should be in the 1250 RPM/V range on 3S. Many run 1450 and even 1500 RPM/V motors on 3S.

On 4S and a 9" prop one could drop the kV to around 1000 RPM/V.
There are 2814/3536 ish motors in the 1200 RPM/V range that you could run on 4S although most would be overheating outside of the 1000 - 1100 RPM/V on 4S.
The Scorpion SII 3014 1220 is one of those that will run safely on 4S with a 9x4.5" prop and deliver 2115 grams of thrust or you can run it on 3S with a 10x7" prop and get 1748 grams of thrust. Depending on the weight of your SW you might get 1:1 thrust to weight ratio on the 4S set-up if you are so inclined. The 1748 grams of thrust would also be more than ample on 3S.
So your saying that with that motor from bevrc I should use a 4 cell and use 9x6 prop.
Jul 19, 2011, 10:42 AM
$$$'s vs Skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
IMO the kV (980 RPM/V) on the BevRC motor is to low to run on 3S with the prop limited to 9" or 10" diameter. With a 2814/3536 size motor on this kV and 3S, you could probably swing a 11" or even a 12" prop to be efficient.
The motor will never be stressed on 3S and a 9" or 10" prop, which is a good thing, but thrust will be wanting.
At a minimum, the kV should be in the 1250 RPM/V range on 3S. Many run 1450 and even 1500 RPM/V motors on 3S.

On 4S and a 9" prop one could drop the kV to around 1000 RPM/V.
There are 2814/3536 ish motors in the 1200 RPM/V range that you could run on 4S although most would be overheating outside of the 1000 - 1100 RPM/V on 4S.
The Scorpion SII 3014 1220 is one of those that will run safely on 4S with a 9x4.5" prop and deliver 2115 grams of thrust or you can run it on 3S with a 10x7" prop and get 1748 grams of thrust. Depending on the weight of your SW you might get 1:1 thrust to weight ratio on the 4S set-up if you are so inclined. The 1748 grams of thrust would also be more than ample on 3S.
Could not have said it better myself. You'll get away with the 980KV on 3S swinging a 10x6, but you'll only have about 1000g of thrust. And by 'modify' the motor mount, I meant you'll have to raise it like others in this thread have done or you'll chop off the tail boom. The Skywalker stock motor mount placement can only fit a 9" prop. So either prop up, or use 4S if you plan to stay with that motor.
Jul 19, 2011, 10:43 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Im not inteding to fly a 123012034123 miles with it. Prob 3 miles out and back will be the max.

Here is the battery I was looking at
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15014
Jul 19, 2011, 10:44 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpvicv
Could not have said it better myself. You'll get away with the 980KV on 3S swinging a 10x6, but you'll only have about 1000g of thrust. And by 'modify' the motor mount, I meant you'll have to raise it like others in this thread have done or you'll chop off the tail boom. The Skywalkerwalker stock motor mount placement can only fit a 9" prop. So either prop up, or use 4S if you plan to stay with that motor.
will a 40amp esc be plenty with a 9x6? on 4s
Jul 19, 2011, 11:10 AM
KJ6BFN
henkvdw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234
So your saying that with that motor from bevrc I should use a 4 cell and use 9x6 prop.
Yessir.
Jul 19, 2011, 11:16 AM
KJ6BFN
henkvdw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234
Im not inteding to fly a 123012034123 miles with it. Prob 3 miles out and back will be the max.

Here is the battery I was looking at
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=15014
That Pack would be fine.
You could also use a lower C rating.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
or
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Jul 19, 2011, 11:19 AM
Registered User
rcplanes1234's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
Ok and then what size vid pack for this plane to make it balance right?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Best plane for FPV while on vacation? patricklupo FPV Aircraft 24 Nov 23, 2014 03:56 PM
Cool FPV plane rescue with an FPV truck :-) AnthonyRC FPV Aircraft 17 Feb 24, 2008 10:45 PM
For Sale Skywalker plane and a bunch of extras moody07747 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 19, 2006 09:34 PM
Discussion Aviator Skywalker RC plane given to me moody07747 Electric Plane Talk 46 Sep 12, 2006 11:45 AM