Sep 12, 2010, 09:51 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Well I re-glued the motor last night with tape over the hole in the ply under the bearings for the shaft and THE SAME THING HAPPENED...the motor is totally locked up. Last time I noticed no glue made it through the screw holes but it did go through the bearing shaft hole, but I took care of that this time...confused.

Now I'll have to cut it away again and hopefully be able to salvage the motor again and try Crist's approach which makes total sense and seems like a real solid mount...thanks Crist.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2010, 10:19 AM
First to go over 106K feet
[QUOTE=

Now I'll have to cut it away again and hopefully be able to salvage the motor again and try Crist's approach which makes total sense and seems like a real solid mount...thanks Crist.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, and good luck with that motor.
Sep 12, 2010, 10:41 AM

Glue In Motor AGAIN!

You can see the blue tape over the shaft bearing hole in the mount ply but somehow the Gorilla glue got into it...don't know how because it definitely covered the entire hole and was pressed solidly against the ply.

The motor's shaft bearings were covered in the glue that seeped through.

Once again I was able to scrape the glue from the outer bearing encasement. Then pulled the center bearing out to expose the glue that leaked-in. Cleared that out and the motor lives again! ...but with only 8 lives in tact
Sep 12, 2010, 10:46 AM
I suggest gluing the mount in place, then screwing the motor to the mount, maybe with a drop of CA on the screws to help them bite into the foam under the wood. Also, use just a little gorilla glue, looks like you're using too much
Sep 12, 2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks Ash...on my way to the hobby store to get some ply now.
Sep 12, 2010, 01:55 PM

Bec

Hello guys
I`m just finishing my skywalker and i`m worry about the amount of servos:

Rudder=1
elev. =1
ailer. = 2
flaps = 2
cam = 2
total of 8 servos

I`m thinking about using a bec, but not sure witch one, i`m thinking in using this one:
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...0&pid=B3144784

Please let me know if this is the right one for my set up!!

Thanks Edi.
Sep 12, 2010, 01:58 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI PAULO
Hello guys

Rudder=1
elev. =1
ailer. = 2
flaps = 2
cam = 2
total of 8 servos

I`m thinking about using a bec, but not sure witch one, i`m thinking in using this one:

Thanks Edi.
That BEC "should" work.... but you don't say what servos you are using... analog?... digital?....cheap?.....big?...... small? .....etc....

.........you may want to have read thru this thread...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1277428
Sep 12, 2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
That BEC "should" work.... but you don't say what servos you are using... analog?... digital?....cheap?.....big?...... small? .....etc....

.........you may want to have read thru this thread...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1277428
Hello Galaxiex

i`m using this servos http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-5055mg_servo.html and this ESC http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...2&pid=B3144783
Thanks for the help.
Sep 12, 2010, 03:26 PM
KJ4WFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
The single wheel issue is not a problem, it depends on what you want to do:

-if you want to take off and land on wheels, then it is a no no , you will not be able to ROG on one wheel

if you decide to install the wheel then do it right under the CofG spot
My thought was a single, good sized wheel in the center line near the CG with a couple of light weight narrow skids, one on each wing before the dihedral bends up. And yes, was kinda hoping to ROG it from grass. Probably a dumb notion, but I'm ever optimistic.
Sep 12, 2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI PAULO
Hello guys

Rudder=1
elev. =1
ailer. = 2
flaps = 2
cam = 2
total of 8 servos

Thanks Edi.
I have been using that BEC for the past two years without any issues. I have the same number of servos plus it also powers my eagle tree flight data recorder.
Sep 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys
Sep 13, 2010, 02:27 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by modbuilder
My thought was a single, good sized wheel in the center line near the CG with a couple of light weight narrow skids, one on each wing before the dihedral bends up. And yes, was kinda hoping to ROG it from grass. Probably a dumb notion, but I'm ever optimistic.
I see, you want to do it U2 style (spy plane not the group )...

the outriggers might catch on something sticky (a clump of grass if you are lucky a dog sht if you are unlucky) and make the plane cartwheel . It would be interesting to try. The outriggers will probably add some drag too
Sep 13, 2010, 09:35 AM
BEC Question for the Experts: I have read several posts and other links about BECs but still am not knowledgable enough about RC electronics to feel comfortable with an immediate decision.

The question is, do I need a BEC and why?

Planned flying...longer duration, long range FPV:

Current Setup: (Skywalker FPV)
Servos:
- 3 Hitec HS81 servos (flaps and camera pan)
- 3 Hitec HB65 servos (ailerons, elevator, rudder)
- 1 Hitec HB55 servo (rudder)
- (1) possibly an additional servo for camera tilt in future
Batteries:
- Turnigy 4S 4500 (power system, servos, rx)
- Turnigy 3S 2100 (FPV OSD, Camera, tx)
Power System:
- Brushless Motor AX-2814C 1310-980KV
- ESC 45A

What do you think?
Sep 13, 2010, 10:11 AM
Yep yep, you should. That's a lot of servos, and you can easily over heat the ESC's bec inflight. Plus you want that redundancy incase something happens to the ESC, at least you have some chance of landing..
Sep 13, 2010, 11:02 AM
I'll go with any safety precaution necessary...lost two gliders this summer to electrical problems.

I read some of the info on BEC's but it's all greek to me. How do I determine what type of BEC I need...input/output voltage and amps????

Quick Reply