Sep 07, 2010, 03:04 PM
here's a flight in 20+ mph winds.

A Day At The Farm (6 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2010, 03:48 PM
Blu-Core is my friend

Frightening flight!

Frightening flight!
Nothing strange, just my first true flight under the goggles…

Finally got to do the maiden on my Skywalker II, I took some of the toys with for the first flight. I was very confident in the Skywalker needing very little to fly right. I was correct.

From the moment I put the goggles on it was GREAT! Simple to fly, easy to hold course, I am so hooked!
At one point I decided to take the goggles off and fly by LOS “just to be safe”… but when I looked up where I thought the plane was... I saw nothing… that’s when it got Frightening. Putting the goggles back on I realized everything was just fine. Relaxed and flew back into LOS range, and landed the old fashion way. I will work on landing later.

The Eagle Tree system worked great, once I got calmed down enough to look at it LOL
The radar is nice to see where home is. Now I know what other things I need to put on the screen.
I recorded 3 flights that were perfect… but my Archos 5 internet tablet has decided to make them “copy protected” so they can only be played on the Archos… (Working on getting them back) I will be using my "Piano DVR" from now on.

Later,
Gundy
Sep 07, 2010, 05:24 PM
I love FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsowder
I had a great flight this weekend. Made it on top of the clouds for a while. 30 minute flight condensed into 6.

http://vimeo.com/14749465

Password: sky2
"The local sewer plant" - Man, you'd have been in deep sh_t if you had landed in there!!!
Sep 08, 2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
"The local sewer plant" - Man, you'd have been in deep sh_t if you had landed in there!!!
Nice video ! was it in feet or meter?

WHat is your setup?
Sep 08, 2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw28
Nice video ! was it in feet or meter?

WHat is your setup?
Thanks. It was in feet.

Vid is 500mw 900mhz with an 8dbi patch w/antenna tracker and saw filter mod on rx. Cam is the SN555.

RC is the Scherrer 433mhz with long range rx.
Sep 08, 2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Thanks. It was in feet.

Vid is 500mw 900mhz with an 8dbi patch w/antenna tracker and saw filter mod on rx. Cam is the SN555.

thanks for the detail!
was it hard to climb that high with this plane?
Sep 08, 2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Thanks. It was in feet.

Nice video

are you sure it was in feet, looks high for only 1500feet above the clouds
Sep 08, 2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iw28
thanks for the detail!
was it hard to climb that high with this plane?
Not at all. I was only using half throttle. I'm taking it out to the desert this weekend and plan to climb up to 5 or 6,000 feet.
Sep 08, 2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDI PAULO
Nice video

are you sure it was in feet, looks high for only 1500feet above the clouds
The clouds here in the morning are pretty low I can't fly above 2,500 feet at that location or I'll be in San Francisco International's airspace
Sep 09, 2010, 11:12 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Can someone tell me where the Skywalker CG is supposed to be?
Sep 09, 2010, 11:15 AM
check the parkflyer thread
Sep 09, 2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago
Can someone tell me where the Skywalker CG is supposed to be?
At a flying weight of 1920 grams, mine balances perfectly with the CG 5mm aft of the aileron servo wires. I simply applied a bead of hot glue at this location on each wing to easily determine the CG.
Sep 09, 2010, 11:27 AM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
how do you dedicate a switch on the RC TX for OSD autopilot?

I have a Hitec Optic 6 tx...6 channel.

For my skywalker I'm using channels 1-5 for ailerons, elevator, rudder and throttle...no flaps and no camera pan/tilt. That leaves channel 6 but hitec dedicates it to flaps or flaperons. There is no "auxiliary" that I'm aware of.

Thank you.
Sep 09, 2010, 12:19 PM
Building my skywalker Mk2

1 Does anyone have photo of how they have mounted there UHF Ariel I have a Dragon Link and I am thinking of mounting it on a wing so the ariel is up and the ground plane is down , but this will be a right pain when I take the wings off to transport it . Are there any better solutions ?

2 I am using a 1500mw vid transmitter on the rear boom flat spot, should I use coaxe cable to take the vid from camera to OSD and OSD to transmitter ?

3 Given the power of the transmitter should I shield the servo wires ( they are twisted )

and lastly do you think the gps reciver will be ok in the under wing gap , this is from a rfi point of view.

and yes i know the transmitter is too powerful but as I own it I might as well use it ( also got 500mw and a 800mw )

any tips or points gratefully received

tks

Nick
Sep 09, 2010, 12:21 PM
Balsa addict
I put my DL rx on the flat spot on the boom.

Cheers, Kev.

Quick Reply