Thread Tools
Nov 27, 2012, 09:24 PM
Flying Zayin
Cathay Stray's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87
Here's my LG. Sorry I couldnt get a better angle. Its put in storage and I dont feel like getting the plane down . Anyways, you can see the large plate for the gears, the springs, and their mount which is protected with a small skid to prevent it from catching in case of a nose over.
The SW - in the storage???
Terrible, terrible, terrible!
Well, pretty much same here, it's raining for nearly a week non stop - when, by the way, is the end of the world scheduled? - and my planes are docked as well.
Thanks for sharing the picture, I once considered having a spring right between the wheels but didn't make it as it would surely catch the grass and everything. Your scheme is better in this respect.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
Registered User
How thick is the CF strip that you mounted on the top of your main wing?
Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd throw in some pics of my Skywalker build. I'll let the pics tell the story:

Sub
Nov 27, 2012, 09:56 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames
How thick is the CF strip that you mounted on the top of your main wing?
Thanks
1x3mm top and bottom on each wing half. This is the V4 wing with the two main spars.
Nov 27, 2012, 11:21 PM
Registered User
ashdec87's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray
The SW - in the storage???
Terrible, terrible, terrible!
Well, pretty much same here, it's raining for nearly a week non stop - when, by the way, is the end of the world scheduled? - and my planes are docked as well.
Thanks for sharing the picture, I once considered having a spring right between the wheels but didn't make it as it would surely catch the grass and everything. Your scheme is better in this respect.
Storage is the wrong word. Elevated hangar is better it gets regular use.

And actually there is a string that goes between the gears to keep it from spreading. It does catch the tall grass, causing the plane to tip, but it's never been a problem
Nov 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic
1x3mm top and bottom on each wing half. This is the V4 wing with the two main spars.
So when you say top and bottom of each wing, do you offset them? Or is it directly on the opposite side?
Thanks
Nov 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
Directly opposite.
Nov 28, 2012, 01:25 AM
Registered User
dk31's Avatar
Hi everyone,
I have been reading (pages 950-1021) and taking notes last month, but now it's time to shop, so I have to ask a few questions before ordering (sorry if they are answered in page 1084-never been there )
What is more or less the recomended hight for landing gear?
I was thinking of these (at 12cm)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=4952

If not good for SW, any other that would do? (from HobbyKing, or BEVrc as that's where the order goes)
Nov 28, 2012, 01:38 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
subsonic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames
So when you say top and bottom of each wing, do you offset them? Or is it directly on the opposite side?
Thanks
110mm from the leading edge, top and bottom. The strips start at the root and are 750mm long.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mini Obsessed
Shadrack's Avatar
Do you guys put landing gear on because you want to take off with goggles on?
This plane is so easy to launch, and lands like a champ on grass with the belly just protected with some good fiber tape.
No additional weight at all.
I looked at the option, it was the extra weight I didn't want to add.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:12 PM
Registered User
The only reason I put gear on mine is in case I want to or accidentally land it away from where I am, hopefully I'll be able to take off again. I put huge wheels and have a ground clearance of about 10 inches, just in case.
Nov 28, 2012, 12:17 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
seearestacey's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk31
Hi everyone,
I have been reading (pages 950-1021) and taking notes last month, but now it's time to shop, so I have to ask a few questions before ordering (sorry if they are answered in page 1084-never been there )
What is more or less the recomended hight for landing gear?
I was thinking of these (at 12cm)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=4952

If not good for SW, any other that would do? (from HobbyKing, or BEVrc as that's where the order goes)
These work perfect...
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJ922
Nov 28, 2012, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey
These are very similar to the ones I use. Very durable!
Nov 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
Registered User
ashdec87's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack
Do you guys put landing gear on because you want to take off with goggles on?
This plane is so easy to launch, and lands like a champ on grass with the belly just protected with some good fiber tape.
No additional weight at all.
I looked at the option, it was the extra weight I didn't want to add.
Exactly, I like taking off with goggles. Plus I cant throw the plane while wearing goggles.
Nov 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
Registered User
Hiii guys!!! im back!

Once again I come here to post my last flight this morning! 5km (3,11 mi) away with a height of 800m (2624 ft) when I was returning to the house the engine fell off The APM 2.5 restarted and got about 10 seconds without video and without control! I lost the engine! but I managed to come home gliding! worth watching to see what happened! (engine time out 10:18)

CONDOR SKYWALKER 1880 mm - ARDUPILOT 2.5 - FPV - VOO ATÉ A PEDRA BRANCA E NO RETORNO O MOTOR CAIU! (14 min 27 sec)
Last edited by xgimp; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Nov 28, 2012, 02:12 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
As far as landing gear goes, I prefer to land on the belly and throw the plane for TO. In the summer I throw the plane, place it in autopilot and put the goggles while it circles overhead. In the winter, I TO from ground by gliding on the snow on the belly with goggles on.

xgimp, lucky you got plenty of altitude to come back home. Happy for you !


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Best plane for FPV while on vacation? patricklupo FPV Aircraft 24 Nov 23, 2014 03:56 PM
Cool FPV plane rescue with an FPV truck :-) AnthonyRC FPV Aircraft 17 Feb 24, 2008 10:45 PM
For Sale Skywalker plane and a bunch of extras moody07747 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 8 Sep 19, 2006 09:34 PM
Discussion Aviator Skywalker RC plane given to me moody07747 Electric Plane Talk 46 Sep 12, 2006 11:45 AM