http://www.mountainmodels.com/images...tleBogie-2.wmv

Wingspan: 36.0”
Wing Area: 164 Sq In
Length: 19.4”
Weight: 4.2 to 4.5 oz
Wing Loading: 3.7 to 4.0 oz

Motor: 1811-2000 10 gram outrunner, GWS 6x3 HD Prop
Battery: 2S-300 to 2S-360 LiPo

The Little Bogie™ is a small model designed to bring back that nostalgic feeling of yesteryear, in a small field electric package. Taking inspiration from many different free flight planes of the past, we developed the 36 inch Little Bogie™, which resulted in a super lightweight, nostalgic, and relaxingly smooth flying plane.

The Little Bogie™ was designed using a state of the art 3D CAD package, to allow for exceptional interlocking parts design and fit. 3D design also allows us to provide clearer assembly images, without having to use photos.

The Little Bogie™ is built from self-jigging interlocking laser cut balsa and plywood parts. It's like a 3D jigsaw puzzle with instructions. Although not needed for building, full size plans are included for reference. If the instructions are read before hand and followed during the build, the Little Bogie™ can be built up and ready to fly in only a few evenings.

We think you’ll like the Little Bogie™

Brian Eberwein
Mountain Models
Last edited by Mountain Models; Apr 06, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2010, 06:52 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
It looks good but....A 10grm is a very small motor for 36" 4.5oz plane.

You obvious think that it's only going to flown on a flat calm day...
No use to me then...As winds round here are rarely less than 6-7 mph...
Apr 05, 2010, 07:06 AM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
It looks good but....A 10grm is a very small motor for 36" 4.5oz plane.

You obvious think that it's only going to flown on a flat calm day...
No use to me then...As winds round here are rarely less than 6-7 mph...
dekan, it is a small, lightweight model, no question. As such it has a low wing loading, and will be effected by wind more than a model with a much higher wing loading (i.e. heavy and fast. On the other hand, Brian's video shows it flying at about 6000' ASL elevation, in much thinner air than you are likely to be flying in, and it flies very well. If you watched the video, the model will loop easily from level flight with the recommended power system, so the model is not underpowered.

Mark
Apr 05, 2010, 07:09 AM
dekan: For what it's worth... it was blowing 10 mph all day yesterday. I flew a Stevens Aero Lil'Squirt powered by the very same motor Brian's talking about. OK, it was a handful, but I had fun and the plane is still in one piece.

What's interesting is the size and weight of Brian's new plane. It has a 36" wingspan, but weighs only a bit more than my 24" Lil'Squirt. Very floaty.
Apr 05, 2010, 08:13 AM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
That's a good looking little ship, kinda playboyish..looks like it flies nicely too!
Cash
Apr 05, 2010, 08:15 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b
dekan: For what it's worth... it was blowing 10 mph all day yesterday. I flew a Stevens Aero Lil'Squirt powered by the very same motor Brian's talking about. OK, it was a handful, but I had fun and the plane is still in one piece.

What's interesting is the size and weight of Brian's new plane. It has a 36" wingspan, but weighs only a bit more than my 24" Lil'Squirt. Very floaty.
I have a couple of 18" foamies with 10g motors fitted and have flown them 3s in winds up to 10mph...can be done but not that much fun..

36" WS 4oz is not going to have much penertration....
Apr 05, 2010, 09:06 AM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
dekan,

I've flown it in 10 MPH winds with no problems. You can actually get it to fly "backwards" in those winds, which makes for funny landings. It handles some wind just fine. In comparison, I can't fly my flat plate 3D foamies with that same motor in those same winds.

As for the motor, at 6000' MSL, that 10 gram motor and a 6x3 prop lets it climb at around 70 to 80 degrees. I'd say that's PLENTY of power for this type of model.

rafe_b,

It's fun to power it up to altitude, shut off the motor, and just let it float around thermal searching. My longest flight on it so far is just over a half hour. I could have stayed in a thermal, but was getting tired, so brought it down.

Brian
Apr 05, 2010, 09:18 AM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Models
dekan,

I've flown it in 10 MPH winds with no problems. You can actually get it to fly "backwards" in those winds, which makes for funny landings. It handles some wind just fine. In comparison, I can't fly my flat plate 3D foamies with that same motor in those same winds.

As for the motor, at 6000' MSL, that 10 gram motor and a 6x3 prop lets it climb at around 70 to 80 degrees. I'd say that's PLENTY of power for this type of model.

rafe_b,

It's fun to power it up to altitude, shut off the motor, and just let it float around thermal searching. My longest flight on it so far is just over a half hour. I could have stayed in a thermal, but was getting tired, so brought it down.

Brian
Good luck with the Bogie... I will have to wait and see it for myself... If Andy at Micron RC brings it into the UK....
I wish he'd bring the Magpie AP into the Uk...but I guess the carriage would be too big of a problem
Apr 06, 2010, 09:08 AM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
Someone asked for me to post up a bare bones image, so here you guys go:

Apr 06, 2010, 09:26 AM
Brian,

I'm browsing through your manual on the Bogie. It is top notch A+. I really like the extra information included in this manual.

Mark II
Apr 06, 2010, 04:34 PM
I want!
Latest blog entry: Multiplex FunCub XL!
Apr 06, 2010, 08:00 PM
God is my pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds
Brian,

I'm browsing through your manual on the Bogie. It is top notch A+. I really like the extra information included in this manual.

Mark II
I agree, these manuals are fantastic and somehow Brian still manages to make them better.
Apr 08, 2010, 08:08 AM
papa smith
I must agree with Mark and Jim. The pdf plans on Moutain Model site is what sold me on ordering one of these birds. Being a modeler for over 35 years I rarely ever built from kits. When kits used to be cheap they were crunch wood and poor wood at that which was usually had to be replaced. I got into the habit of building from plans and making templates from a wide variety of mat'l. It gives you the latatude to make any changes you desire and picking your wood for it's application. I have shuned laser kits because of their cost, prefering to budget money for hardware. When I saw the detailed plans of the Bogie it opened up my eyes as what can be done with a laser and opens up a whole new world to the model designer. It became obvious to me that Brian has a top notch kit here and has put a huge amount of thought into the design. I can't wait for my first laser kit to arrive. Wayne
Apr 08, 2010, 08:43 AM
ronht
The biggest problem I have with the MM laser kits is that I find one leads to another and so on.

The quality of Brian's kits are fantastic and the build is nearly as much fun as flying them when you're done!

Here are two of my recent builds that are both GREAT fliers ..... I'm still deciding what kit to add to my collection next -

Ron
Apr 08, 2010, 09:05 AM
They do tend to multiply...

[IMG][/IMG]