Jan 11, 2020, 07:55 AM
finally found some v3 struts available through monkey hobby. don't expect them anytime soon but atleast they were available. still haven't got my conformation from HH that they are in stock again..
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug14
finally found some v3 struts available through monkey hobby. don't expect them anytime soon but atleast they were available. still haven't got my conformation from HH that they are in stock again..
Thatís good news about monkey hobby. Iíve never tried them.

BTW, font you also own a Flightline 1200 Spitfire?

I have one I havenít flown. How do you like it?

I also just got the 1400 Corsair. How would you compare the two?

Iím an intermediate so not sure which one to fly next, probably the spitfire since it is smaller.

Thanks
SnP
Jan 11, 2020, 10:10 PM
hard to say on both
the corsair was customized.
changed a few things. but otherwise close to stock. 1st flight I landed a little hard and retract snapped. so its sat ever since.
bought the spitfire.
flew it a couple times but it felt slow and didn't like the way it landed . so I parked it too.
love my eflite
p47
corsair
p51 in that order.
Jan 11, 2020, 11:36 PM
Fly and let Fly!
I have had minimal "luck" and satisfaction with the Flightline 1200 Spit.. Sold it...
Not that anyone "cares" , but just a nudge or point of view for and to the purchaser of interest..
Jan 11, 2020, 11:42 PM
Quote:
hard to say on both
the corsair was customized.
changed a few things. but otherwise close to stock. 1st flight I landed a little hard and retract snapped. so its sat ever since.
bought the spitfire.
flew it a couple times but it felt slow and didn't like the way it landed . so I parked it too.
love my eflite
p47
corsair
p51 in that order.
Ok, thanks.
I saw some of your reviews on the flightline 1200 spitfire. Looks like it wasnít your favorite.

I love my e-flite Spitfire and P-51in that order and would love to add the p-47 some day.

I almost got the e-flite Corsair but wasnít a fan of the trainer color scheme.

Regarding the fms Corsair, I plan to put a larger Surpas 600kv motor in it.

Good luck getting yours back in the air
Jan 12, 2020, 01:12 PM
Others can chime in but Iíve read where some folks have substituted the p-40 spring struts on the f4u with good results.

Anyone currently on this string successfully do this? If so, did you have to mod the struts at all to make them work?

Thanks
SnP

Quote:
Jan 12, 2020, 08:38 PM
I have sprung retracts in my fms 1400 fw190.
thought it would be better but was kinda bouncy .
the wide track of the fw190 was nice compared to the spitfires and bf109s but overall the eflite p47 is the best foam plane I've flown.
I flew it at a "fun fly" day at our club in 25-30km winds and never felt more comfortable. i would never fly anything else in those winds. but the p47 is superb . i even ran a 3000mah 5s in it for fun with 70amp esc and stock motor with 11x8 apc . super fast.
Jan 13, 2020, 06:30 AM
Wow, that’s amazing. You made me put this plane back on my list of planes to get.

I love my spitfire and the coil struts really work. Haven’t bent a strut yet. The p-51 is a straight strut and I have bent them.

Is the p-47 landing gear tough? I like the simplicity of the one-piece props on the 1.2 line.

Do you have an fms 109? I just got one and have been reading threads where folks have been bending the struts on them.

Is the p-40 strut similar to the fw 190s? I assumed it was a more rugged spring strut like on the F7f

Quote:
I have sprung retracts in my fms 1400 fw190.
thought it would be better but was kinda bouncy .
the wide track of the fw190 was nice compared to the spitfires and bf109s but overall the eflite p47 is the best foam plane I've flown.
I flew it at a "fun fly" day at our club in 25-30km winds and never felt more comfortable. i would never fly anything else in those winds. but the p47 is superb . i even ran a 3000mah 5s in it for fun with 70amp esc and stock motor with 11x8 apc . super fast.
Jan 13, 2020, 07:22 AM
don't have a 109. was on my list for a while but decided against it.
the landing gear on the p47 is ok. but the foam between the gear and top of wing is pretty thin..
Feb 18, 2020, 06:08 AM
that virus in China is really going to start effecting the hobby
40days now. my parts arrived in Canada feb 1st but quarantined at customs.
Feb 19, 2020, 11:42 AM
Quote:
don't have a 109. was on my list for a while but decided against it.
the landing gear on the p47 is ok. but the foam between the gear and top of wing is pretty thin..
Glad I squeaked in my order for the f4u and bf109 before all this in December

FYI haven’t flown the bf109 yet but it looks sweet and is very scale

Seems that the e-flite (fms) 1200mm p-47 also suffers from thin foam and cracking over the thin wheel wells too

Quick Reply