May 31, 2011, 01:04 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Thread OP
It still measures IR, at least mine showing it too, so if your not I need to know more details (packs, balancer used yes/no etc)

That said, even then, it using it for more than IR readings internally (TCS etc)
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2011, 07:40 AM
No, it reads 0 when discharging. It discharges in "pulses" or has breaks in discharging regularly, but no reading for the level. 13s LiFe 50Ah balance used.

It does give a reading on charge though. In this case 5 or 6 mOhm...

Does a screenshot help?

Added...
>>> That said, even then, it using it for more than IR readings internally (TCS etc) See here, set to 95 percent...

It still overshoots on charge with my pack, often goes to 3.75 volts (set to 3.600) and two pulses extra before it calms down and corrects itself. But these LiFe Headway cells voltage SHOOTS up suddenly at end of charge. And the charger waits for the non charge period to check voltage. But by then its too late... But it doesent do it for long.
Last edited by JohnWilliamson; May 31, 2011 at 07:46 AM.
May 31, 2011, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Nope, it was the Life 50A/13s I was after, (it does show Ohm on LiPo when discharge) so I will put it on the list to show Ohm for LiFe too, unknown ETA though.
(removal of break won't be happening, but correct reading output might)
Unless I find something in the software that can correct this, then I will let you know.
May 31, 2011, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
One question, does Ohm show the Charger display or not?
May 31, 2011, 07:50 AM
Good point. Shows zero on charger...

Yert another firmware fix to add to my list that nobody cares about any longer! Oh well...
May 31, 2011, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
Actually all items you had sent me went to the factory last week so they are up for change, but this might take longer as I did not know about it.
dont ask me an ETA for the other stuff though.
May 31, 2011, 08:40 AM
Excellent!
May 31, 2011, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilliamson View Post
It does give a reading on charge though. In this case 5 or 6 mOhm....
it is a pitty that the measured IR is not the real IR value of the pack ,
and it is a pitty Hyperion does not measure the IR of every cells
( e.g iCharger and Cellpro measure cell IR )
May 31, 2011, 12:10 PM
It uses ohms law to determine volt drop or rise directly after charge or discharge directly after the charge or load is removed during the break. So it gives a DC resistance test of pack and cables. How is it not accurate?

There is no or very little peukert effect with lithium. So DC gives a pretty good result. Of course battery resistance is more accurately measured with a high frequency AC tester, and in the case of for eg lead acid, the only way to test. As a DC result will be meaningless.

As for independent cell testing via the balance connectors, then you can see the result visually during the "pulse" on screen. The cell voltage of any high resistance cells will change more than the good ones. But its hard to put a number on it...

But you can see any duff ones. However the software could even if firmware doesent report it. By the volt rise/fall directly before and after the pulse.
Last edited by JohnWilliamson; May 31, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
May 31, 2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
I have today updated the suite with the following changes;

2011-05-25
* Update to support EOS730iNET version of charger.
* Fixed scaling issue with netbooks.
* fixed minor issues in logviewer (reset of name)
* Now includes SiLabs 6.3a driver (installer checks version at installation).
Hi MrMel,

I tried to update my software today and by downloading the latest installer from: http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/ecds-man/Installer.zip.

It looks like it has newer releasenotes.txt (only with 2011-05-24 as the latest date instead of 2011-05-25). The installer itself seems to be older as it installs the 2011-02-08 version of the SW? Which tells me there is an update available when I launch it ...

I tried uninstalling the old one first but that didn't fix anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Berardino
May 31, 2011, 02:21 PM
Thread OP
Releasenote is one day wrong, I know.

But Installer.zip as listed above in your post links to correct version.
(I installed from it now and it's the 2011-05-25 version)

Make sure you select the correct Installer.zip/Setup.exe/MSI package.
Jun 01, 2011, 08:23 AM
On charger and obviously software there is a resistance reading on a single cell.

Possibly on multiple cells and using balance port 1

But not when there are more than 7 cels. At least not with 13...
Jun 01, 2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilliamson View Post
It uses ohms law to determine volt drop or rise directly after charge or discharge directly after the charge or load is removed during the break. So it gives a DC resistance test of pack and cables. How is it not accurate?
discussion is here : IR meter
with that equipment hyperion gives much to low IR values,
and each cell IR is very important to know
Jun 02, 2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMel View Post
Releasenote is one day wrong, I know.

But Installer.zip as listed above in your post links to correct version.
(I installed from it now and it's the 2011-05-25 version)

Make sure you select the correct Installer.zip/Setup.exe/MSI package.
MrMel,

Just an update. For some reason the installer wasn't able to uninstall the old version.

When I uninstalled the old version using Add/Remove Programs, and then ran the installer everything worked fine. Weird, but hey it's windows

BTW any chance of ever seeing a mac version of this app? What's it written in? Some of the porting libraries aren't half bad and fairly easy to use. If it's Java (doesn't look it) then it would be even easier.

Thanks,

Berardino
Jun 02, 2011, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
Native Mac, No, sorry.
Runs under parallel though (I have that running here)

Even if the program itself would be converted it has too many third party dependencies which wont work.

It's written in CSharp.

Quick Reply