Feb 03, 2013, 11:01 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Does the Deviation Firmware bind with this heli?
It should. Deviation supports DSM2 and that's what the mCX2 uses.

I don't have a DEVO TX otherwise I'd be able to give you a more definite answer...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2013, 10:13 AM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post

They will look like the light kit on my S300, just with the mCX2 tail boom instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2v5byi7j0U

C'mon guys 3 left, 15bux per kit + postage. The added weight is minimal, still weighs less than the full canopy tail section, installation is easy, once in a life time mcx2 upgrade opportunity.

PM me if you're interested, paypal only, and I can post them off almost immediately after payment!
Feb 04, 2013, 01:47 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
Hey Guys n Gals,
I'm new to this thread having just ordered my mCX2 today.
It's being shipped overnight so I'm pretty excited right now.
This is my first excursion in to rotary flight!
Hey to North and Chap, fancy that, finding you guys on here.

I'd appreciate some suggestions for D/R and Expo settings for this bird. I'm using a Dx6i.

Chomp
Well after an overnight delivery that took 5 days the MCX2 finally arrived this morning, same time as my mates MCPXv2.
Using Valiants dual rates I was soon zooming around the room taking off from and returning to my iPad. A very succesful and enjoyable maiden.
Fortunately I ordered a couple of extra Lipo's so we enjoyed a good two hours flying.
A very happy Chomp
Feb 04, 2013, 03:38 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Well after an overnight delivery that took 5 days the MCX2 finally arrived this morning, same time as my mates MCPXv2.
Using Valiants dual rates I was soon zooming around the room taking off from and returning to my iPad. A very succesful and enjoyable maiden.
Fortunately I ordered a couple of extra Lipo's so we enjoyed a good two hours flying.
A very happy Chomp
Which batteries did you buy?
Feb 04, 2013, 03:48 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Which batteries did you buy?
http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/...duct_info.html

These to get me started!
Feb 04, 2013, 06:22 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Crikey! They're a bit on the pricy side, thats like 10EUR, or 100USD lol

Miniaviation used to have some of the best micro batteries kicking around, but unfortunately they discontinued their 130/160mah range. They were also a UK based company.

If you ever need more I'd suggest the Hobbyking nano-techs. They may not last as long as the competition but at only 1.30USD (which works out to what? 5p ) a pop you cant complain
Feb 04, 2013, 10:34 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
You can still get Miniaviation. Many of the Guys like the 190mah. I sure would like to try them but, I have plenty for now
http://miniaviation.com/KM_190P.html

And may I suggest...if you have a smart charger, grab this while you're getting your batts:
http://miniaviation.com/MCX_Charge.html

I have something similar made by Hyperion. Don't know how available Hyperion is across the pond.

BTW, those 190's are suppose to be real kick azz

Mike.
Feb 05, 2013, 02:15 AM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Thanks guys!
Thankfully the exchange rates aren't quite that bad, but by the time various taxes are added we get well stitched up over here.
Generally what the guys pay in dollars in the US we pay the same in pounds.
Not much better for you I suspect Valiant.
I thought those Lipo's were reasonably cheap in comparison to the £8.16 (us$1000 ) the same retailer sells the E-flite 150mAH lipo for.
Welcome to rip off Britain.

Has anyone tried the Overlander 1S 175mah 3.7v 26c Lipo's?
Last edited by Chompwat; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:20 AM.
Feb 05, 2013, 11:48 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Thanks guys!
Thankfully the exchange rates aren't quite that bad, but by the time various taxes are added we get well stitched up over here.
Generally what the guys pay in dollars in the US we pay the same in pounds.
Not much better for you I suspect Valiant.
I thought those Lipo's were reasonably cheap in comparison to the £8.16 (us$1000 ) the same retailer sells the E-flite 150mAH lipo for.
Welcome to rip off Britain.

Has anyone tried the Overlander 1S 175mah 3.7v 26c Lipo's?
Trust me, the USA is not far behind

Mike.
Feb 05, 2013, 11:56 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Trust me, the USA is not far behind

Mike.
Hey Mike!!
Nice to see you are "everywhere" as well ...

I got a mCX2 on the way now and I will "attack" your 8ball challenge ASAP
Wish me luck!!
E2
Latest blog entry: Random Pictures ...
Feb 05, 2013, 12:08 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Hey Mike!!
Nice to see you are "everywhere" as well ...

I got a mCX2 on the way now and I will "attack" your 8ball challenge ASAP
Wish me luck!!
E2
LOL, you will have tons of fun. Yeah, I hang out in the mcX2 thread because the MCX thread is dead....meaning???? >>>> The MCX are excellent flyers with no problems

Mike.
Feb 05, 2013, 03:18 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Day two with the mCX2 and I've been flying on full rates. What a hoot this little heli is! I love it!
The details from the model shop said it comes with a 120 mAh 14c, mine came with 150 mAh 25c. They must have upgraded the lipo
Lipo's are all charged again, so it's time for target landing!
Feb 05, 2013, 07:36 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Day two with the mCX2 and I've been flying on full rates. What a hoot this little heli is! I love it!
The details from the model shop said it comes with a 120 mAh 14c, mine came with 150 mAh 25c. They must have upgraded the lipo
Lipo's are all charged again, so it's time for target landing!
I still have the 110mah that came with my mcx s300. Still get a good 4 mins flight with it.
Feb 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
Heys guys, There is a person that I just referred over to rcgroups. I dont know what area he may post in but I thought I would give you guys a heads up. He makes helicopter landing pads custom the way you want them built. He has made a little demo on youtube if you want to see some of the helipads he has made so far. At 1:09 in the video is the pad he made for me. I should be getting it in the mail soon and will post pics and stuff when I get it in. So in case you always wanted a good landing pad for your helicopter but cant build for crap like me, this may be a good alternative for others as well.

RC HELIPADS- Custom Building (3 min 41 sec)
Feb 06, 2013, 12:39 PM
what kind of heli is that he is using for the demo? Thats thing looks awesome!!

Quick Reply