Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 29, 2010, 09:02 AM
Senior Gravity Checker
I beta tested them. I was underwhelmed by the optics. Attaching Zeiss to the glasses led me to believe they would have done them right. All in all it was just Kopin optics packaged in a frame.

I now use Emagins which I bought used on Ebay.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2010, 09:17 AM
The clarity of HeadPlay's 800*600 - and their excellent optics makes them my current choice, though I'd love to try these too. For comparison, I can hook them up to a VGA monitor at 1024*768 (scaled to 800*600 by the goggles) and surf the net with no problems, no font size increases. The headplay's do have a huge box, but the board inside only takes up a small part of the case. Its easy to hack into a helmet if you don't need the huge headplay battery.

They have been $299 for a long time, with that ongoing coupon code, even on headplay.com.
Mar 29, 2010, 12:39 PM
N00b
don't order from future unless you don't mind waiting 3 months for your 300$ purchase.
Mar 29, 2010, 03:20 PM
tried fatshark, headplay and RV992. sorry, but compared to a emagin z800 the other goggles are just junk.
Mar 29, 2010, 04:49 PM
DJI Supporter
If only the Z800's price tag wasn't a joke.
Mar 29, 2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
If only the Z800's price tag wasn't a joke
yeah, thats true. I was lucky enough to get one before they started their rip-off (going from 600 to 1500€ because they had some big deal with the US military)

But, you can still get some of ebay for a decent price.
Mar 30, 2010, 01:44 AM
$995 is the only offer atm.
Apr 08, 2010, 02:31 AM
I think the Vuzix products are the best available for this, and very reasonably priced. I have an older unit called the AV920, but was just at the Gadget Show Live in Birmingham and the new Wrap920 is much better looking and they have improved the screen size and quality. They blow all the others out of the water.
There were also lots of RV stuff there, but mostly toys and helecopters on demo! Still a bit of fun!
I don't know if this will work, but for those not going to Gadget Show Live, Vuzix was giving out show special discount cards for 10% off from their website.
I'm tempted!
Apr 08, 2010, 02:48 AM
If someone can hack the Headplay's to get rid of the fat box, it will be the best think ever!
Apr 08, 2010, 04:37 AM
I think my wheels fell off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushev
If someone can hack the Headplay's to get rid of the fat box, it will be the best think ever!
I have my headplay in bits because of 2 faulty libs. Good luck trying to hack them. Nothing going to the goggles looks straight forward, I think they may even send RGB to the screens. I just counted 18 wires going to the first board in the goggles. Well beyond my ability to work out.
Apr 09, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi

I just received the glasses Cinemizer Plus!

I confirm the feeling of Trappy

picture quality is super
color is super
résolution super
comfort is also super
screen slightly smaller than the EVG920
but no comparison with the quality of Fatschark and EGV920
the smaller screen is completely forgotten by the quality of the image
With EVG920 and Fatschark and oblique lines scanned the image, I thought it was a problem of power of camera or TX

with Cinemizer Plus, no more problems with oblique lines on my image

Trappy, thank you, very good advice

jdm66
Apr 09, 2010, 02:16 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
hehe you're welcome jdm66. carl zeiss should start paying me commission I will get some too probably end of this year.
Apr 09, 2010, 04:06 PM
A couple of years ago I bought those Vuzix (ex-Icuiti) DV920 goggles
http://www.inition.co.uk/inition/pro...20&SubCatID_=0
from andrebandre and I am very satisfied with their quality.

VGA And Composite (PAL/NTSC) video inputs, very nice resolution and colors. The specs and look almost identical to the Zeiss ones, they are very light and the external unit is very compact. The build quality and finish is very high too - not your typical Chinese made product.

I had some problems initially with sunlight coming through the sides and just before I do the ski mask mod, I stumbled upon this accessory (Immersive Eyeshield)
http://store.vuzix.co.uk/euro/acatal...cessories.html
and never looked back.

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
Oopss. Oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm66
Hi

screen slightly smaller than the EVG920
jdm66
I got lucky and bought an almost new, mint condition Cinemizer for next-to-nothing at my local Cash Converter.

I'd like to confirm the "small" screen size. Gave it to my missus a try, and she wasn't impressed - probably why it ended up at the CC.

The picture quality is freaking awesome though.

Can't complement on comfort. Bites a bit around the ears. But no biggy, I was gonna mod that anyway.

The biggest issue is the battery. No display on the amount left - which to me is dangerous for FPV.
So I hacked into the battery unit, and placed an 'external wire' both for checking voltage and for charging. Refer attached pics.
It uses a 1100 mAh Li-ion by the way.

Cheers,
BB
Apr 12, 2010, 03:43 AM
Hi

Yesterday I made a flight of 50 minutes and 3400 meters away with Cinemizer plus.

Really very convenient, it must be isolated against external light as it no black screen.

I am very happy with my purchase

thank's again Trappy

jdm66

Quick Reply