Sep 19, 2010, 09:03 PM
in pursuit of low wing loading
Thread OP
Dennis,

I just need to make up a version for pdf. Give me a couple of days and I'll post it.

Gordon
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2010, 09:18 PM

Fast reply

You responded so fast it caught me off guard.

I went to my subscribed threads and saw the Aileron Vapor listed and thought is was my request. I then noticed who the author of the reply was.

During the week, work gets in the way and I still have to make the wing so I am not in an immediate rush.

I was making mental sketches of how to use the existing hinge points and still have an outline that complements the wing. I was going to tweak the airbender to be similar to what is in the picture.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson
Dennis,

I just need to make up a version for pdf. Give me a couple of days and I'll post it.

Gordon
Sep 19, 2010, 10:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Any vids
Sep 20, 2010, 03:22 AM
I also want to watch it.
Sep 20, 2010, 07:14 AM
SWEET! You're still flying with the stock 6mm Vapor motor? You might consider getting a J3 Cub motor - hotter than the stock Vapor or Ember motors. I replaced my Ember II motor with a J3 and it's much zippier! I'll be doing the same with my Vapor with it gets too cold to fly outside. My first Vapor has been repaired so many times I picked up a new airframe last year for the inevitable need. This will leave me with a battered but essentially functional airframe to play with. Ahh, visions of Winter Projects dancing through my mind! I'm currently trying to build a slightly larger 'Emberish' Stick using the guts from my Suk. I've got an extra servo, I'm going to try a 2-servo aileron/flap setup.

Jay

Jay
Sep 20, 2010, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
Guys, sorry, no videos of this plane. I might be able to get some when my son flies it at KIEF.

Good idea on the J3 Cub motor.

Looking forward to seeing others do aileron Vapors. Post progress or when they are done.

Gordon
Sep 21, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
Here's the PDF for the tail. Sorry I forgot to do it a few months back.
Sep 22, 2010, 06:01 PM

Thanks for the file

Quote:

Was so busy at work, I did not have have time to look rcgroups until now.

Otherwise i would have printed this and been cutting tonight.

Well now I can look forward to tomorrow to either buy some inkjet supplies or print this at work.

I will post pictures when done.

Thanks

Dennis
Sep 25, 2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Thank, Vapor is cool beginner airplanes..
Nov 07, 2010, 05:04 PM
Fly long and land softly
Gordon: I just saw a video of a composite plane the flys like I'd like a Vapor to fly with ailerons:
F-3-P Expert Ланцов Алексей (2 min 17 sec)

Unfortunately the guy is in St Petersburg, Russia.

Jim
Nov 13, 2010, 04:46 PM
Check out the videos from JR Indoor of the new Extra 300 3D from Horizon. It flew very slow.
Nov 13, 2010, 07:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Marconnet
Gordon: I just saw a video of a composite plane the flys like I'd like a Vapor to fly with ailerons: http://vimeo.com/16590312

Unfortunately the guy is in St Petersburg, Russia.

Jim
That's a very interesting approach. Looks like it's entirely CF rod, and covered with mylar. It looks like it flies about the speed my Air Bender flies. And, it flies like my Air Bender would fly if I were that good a pilot.

Seem's like a number of people are interested in extremely low wing loading aerobatic planes.

The Extra 300 according to its specs has a wing loading of 2.25 oz/sq.ft. That's pretty low, but it's not as low as the 0.95 oz/sq.ft I achieved with my Air Bender.

Gordon
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Nov 14, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
Nov 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Wow I didn't realize your Air Bender was that much lighter!
Nov 14, 2010, 06:57 PM
Thread OP
Yup, my Air Bender weighs 19g and has an 18-inch wing span.

Gordon
Nov 14, 2010, 08:01 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
you have vid of it?

Quote:
Yup, my Air Bender weighs 19g and has an 18-inch wing span.

Gordon

Quick Reply