Mar 31, 2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwman
Darn HBZ caused me to dig into my wallet again! Got one on BO from Redrocket. Early Fathers day present
Me too. It looks fun to fly. Plan to pass the transmitter and my Ember on to my son.

Brian
Last edited by BrianSch; Mar 31, 2010 at 04:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2010, 04:48 AM
What package dear?
I have one Preordered
Apr 05, 2010, 10:40 AM
semper mitis
These darn planes are worse than potato chips... you get started and you just can't stop
Apr 05, 2010, 07:11 PM
I just preordered from Red Rocket Hobbies. Where can you get extra batteries and props?
Apr 07, 2010, 04:12 AM
It looks like this will be my next plane. These ARE like potato chips!
Apr 07, 2010, 10:24 AM
Looks like a contender for my next plane... something small enough to (barely) fly in my back yard, and easily in local parks, or the quads on campus.
Apr 07, 2010, 06:30 PM
What package dear?
I normally wait for the reviews, the maker to get all the bugs out, and the price drop!
This came out at a time when I was looking for a back yard Plane that I could use the transmitter with my MSR or bind with my Dx6i, and the fact that or to my shock at a reasonable completive price! It may have some bugs, but Horizon has a reputation for backing their products.
Have the shipment hit the water?
Apr 07, 2010, 06:36 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
Have the shipment hit the water?
Yes
Apr 07, 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Yes
Woo hoo!!!
Apr 07, 2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
Yes
Nice! Thanks for the update... is there any official release date yet? The closest I've seen so far is "probably mid-May", which is a bit vague. 8-)

Thanks again.
Apr 11, 2010, 07:12 AM
What package dear?

History = Anti-Cub design goals?

As I wait was looking up some history found this.
http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...onca/pirep.htm
Apr 11, 2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
As I wait was looking up some history found this.
http://www.pilotfriend.com/aircraft%...onca/pirep.htm
Very nice,

I learned in a Champ, and one of the funny things that I found out (eventually) was that you could see the ground better from the back seat. My instructor was always spotting deer and stuff that I missed. I thought he just had better eyes. (I was and probably still correct to 20 20) Then one day I asked to be checked out in the back seat. Yeah, you can't see forward so good, but WOW can you ever see down!

BTW, he used to teach in J3's but one day he had a new student who was a bit delirious, as in having crazy fantasies about how airplanes fly. As soon as they were off the ground this guy pulled full back stick. My instructor couldn't push the stick forward and in his words, "I tail walked it down." meaning he managed to keep it in harrier position until the tail hit the ground and they crashed. He chased the guy with the intention of beating him to a pulp but fortunately the guy got away. Fortunately, because my instructor would probably have wound up in jail.

After that incident he decided that he wanted to sit BEHIND his students so he could clout them in the head if needed. In my case he never had to clout me in the head and as mentioned he even let me check out in the back seat.

Pete
Apr 15, 2010, 07:31 PM
Jimfrisky
Champ has always been a favorite of mine. Clean simple lines and my first rc plane that flew really well was a debolt livewire champ lol guess that dates me. Thanks horizon keep them comeing ! Would love to see some bipes. Come to think of it put a wing under the champ and it would look like Marks sunny lol
Last edited by JIMFRISKY; Apr 16, 2010 at 04:48 AM.
Apr 30, 2010, 10:04 PM
What package dear?
Man at the hobby shop said they should be getting in around 5/6/10
May 07, 2010, 10:43 AM
Thread OP
Now is stock! Are you having fun yet? On one, the motor mount was a little bit too far forward which makes the prop shaft gear rub on the inside of the front cowling. Other than this, it looks great. I am now waiting for the winds to die down for the first flight.

1hr. later - could not wait. Few in winds of 20k gusting to 25k. Now, the area I fly in is a little larger than a gym and is surrounded by trees that bear most of the force of the wind. It seemed like I was under control for the whole flight. The Champ can fly much easier in this small area as compared to the P-51 and seems to not have the tip stall tendencies of the Cub. It has plenty of power to keep flying. The landing gear seems to want to spring out of the keepers when landing on grass. A joy to fly and a must to have!
Last edited by twoplanekid; May 07, 2010 at 12:37 PM.

Quick Reply