HBZ RTF Champ HBZ4900 - Page 952 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Dec 04, 2011, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
Today I went to the park and tomorrow will be windy again. While at a calm period I got her up. You can see hear and almost feel the rush. 20 plus mph cross winds are no fun. Enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tyzc2g8tQ
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2011, 06:15 PM
I am THE Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics
Today I went to the park and tomorrow will be windy again. While at a calm period I got her up. You can see hear and almost feel the rush. 20 plus mph cross winds are no fun. Enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tyzc2g8tQ
I like how in the sped up part you progressively look up until you are staring up and behind you lol
Dec 04, 2011, 06:47 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerec6
I like how in the sped up part you progressively look up until you are staring up and behind you lol
Thank you Kerec6.

One of the members in the credits ,will be helpful no matter who you choose.

You see, how easy we make it look, how I do that is for sure, trust me, it is not that easy in wind.

I am on such an old laptop, anything goes when it's edited.

Happy you loved it. thanx man
Love it when I see a person in view flying their plane, just love it.
Last edited by fishycomics; Dec 04, 2011 at 06:54 PM.
Dec 04, 2011, 08:29 PM
I am THE Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics
Thank you Kerec6.

One of the members in the credits ,will be helpful no matter who you choose.

You see, how easy we make it look, how I do that is for sure, trust me, it is not that easy in wind.

I am on such an old laptop, anything goes when it's edited.

Happy you loved it. thanx man
Love it when I see a person in view flying their plane, just love it.
Hmmm... You do need to put me in the credits
Dec 04, 2011, 08:59 PM
Registered User
moto mike's Avatar
subscribed
Dec 04, 2011, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerec6
Hmmm... You do need to put me in the credits
and many many more was mentioned. as said if advice is needed they'll be the one's to look forward, you found that with leethetreeguy, right Lol

maybe next time K.... I did not even put my name in the credits Lol.
Dec 05, 2011, 09:00 AM
Big Jim
RTF Thumper's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics
Today I went to the park and tomorrow will be windy again. While at a calm period I got her up. You can see hear and almost feel the rush. 20 plus mph cross winds are no fun. Enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2tyzc2g8tQ
Another solid Vid Fishy
wish I had those temps to fly in 16 degrees this morning
Been busy with the new build
Dec 05, 2011, 09:15 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper
Another solid Vid Fishy
wish I had those temps to fly in 16 degrees this morning
Been busy with the new build
Thank you Big Jim, we always look forward to these days. sending some warm circuits your ways
Dec 05, 2011, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
a fast storm comes in, time to pack her away, the last of the winds. it poured the night b4 and some morning sunshinewas right behind with 15 mph winds not good

fish will fly another day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4DOsJcM-vs
Dec 05, 2011, 10:03 AM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
The banner from your dearly beloved sponsor at the top of the screen had this just a little while ago:
http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...=UMSPoleCatBNF
The price is only $10 more than a Champ. Anybody seen or played with one?
Dec 05, 2011, 12:13 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
leethetreeguy's Avatar
Mid winged. Will fly like a sukhoi I would think. Lee
Dec 05, 2011, 04:15 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
All that stuff about Bob_George's problems and nobody mentioned simple trim tabs?
Bob, when you prgram the DX6i, make certain all 4 trim tabs are centered before you plug-in the Champ. Next, simply launch it and if it heads up again, slow it down and land it.

Now give it 4-5 "beeps" of down elevator and relaunch. BTW, you mentioned it was turning too? If it's turning left, just give it 4 clicks (beeps) of right rudder trim.

If the Champ keep going up, up up under full throttle, try taping a penny under the nose right before the battery tray.
If she flies straight, remove the coin and open her up -- then glue a 6mm (or 1/2") hex nut in the front lower fuse. This should balance her out.
Another benefit is that the hex nut will make it handle much better in the wind. I don't mean 12-15 mph, I mean 5-8. Don't try to fly the Champ in winds over 8-10..

I have 2 Champs, both have 6mm nuts in the nose.
And as soon as I get a Champ I rip that motor out and drop-in a p-51/T-28 motor then spin on a 5043 GWS prop.

Prop savers make Champs WAY too nose heavy. Fishy had that problem when he was a newb and was fine after we told him to can the prop saver!

I hope this helps....


Mac
Dec 05, 2011, 04:17 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
The banner from your dearly beloved sponsor at the top of the screen had this just a little while ago:
http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...=UMSPoleCatBNF
The price is only $10 more than a Champ. Anybody seen or played with one?
A guy at our field had one on Sunday. It was too tiny for me. The wings span is 6" shorter than a Champ! That's a lil' plane.

My old eyes couldn't orientate that lil' fella.
Dec 05, 2011, 04:28 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL
All that stuff about Bob_George's problems and nobody mentioned simple trim tabs?
Bob, when you prgram the DX6i, make certain all 4 trim tabs are centered before you plug-in the Champ. Next, simply launch it and if it heads up again, slow it down and land it.

Now give it 4-5 "beeps" of down elevator and relaunch. BTW, you mentioned it was turning too? If it's turning left, just give it 4 clicks (beeps) of right rudder trim.

If the Champ keep going up, up up under full throttle, try taping a penny under the nose right before the battery tray.
If she flies straight, remove the coin and open her up -- then glue a 6mm (or 1/2") hex nut in the front lower fuse. This should balance her out.
Another benefit is that the hex nut will make it handle much better in the wind. I don't mean 12-15 mph, I mean 5-8. Don't try to fly the Champ in winds over 8-10..

I have 2 Champs, both have 6mm nuts in the nose.
And as soon as I get a Champ I rip that motor out and drop-in a p-51/T-28 motor then spin on a 5043 GWS prop.

Prop savers make Champs WAY too nose heavy. Fishy had that problem when he was a newb and was fine after we told him to can the prop saver!

I hope this helps....


Mac
I don't like carrying extra useless weight.. So I make the battery ditch longer so I can move the battery forward,, and I add some down elevator mix with throttle.
Dec 05, 2011, 05:34 PM
I am THE Registered User

Skis


Like my skis? Obviously, it would be hard to use with those huge wheels, so I use the small ones.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What plane is this? Debolt Livewire Champ-w/short video reacher10 The Builders Workshop 48 Mar 29, 2011 04:20 PM
Discussion Super Champ Restoration x-craft Off-road Cars 48 May 25, 2010 08:48 PM
For Sale Champ (1/8th scale, electric) Maggie Han Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 12 Mar 19, 2010 09:31 PM
For Sale 2x Ni-Mh batts will fit PKZ or HBZ planes gazza1 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Sep 07, 2009 10:46 AM
Question digital camera for hbz extreme bluescoobydoo Aerial Photography 0 Jul 31, 2005 12:25 PM