Jul 01, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the report on the sky lipos Mac. I have been waiting to hear how you like them. My experience with them is like yours. Great battery for 2 bucks.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2011, 07:46 PM
Yea, good info Mac. I've been wondering how the little ones would be. All I run in my bigger stuff is sky lipos. A couple of my 2S have well over 200 flights on them and they haven't skipped a beat. Hands down the best battery for your money. I charge all of mine in parallel so 1C charge works just fine also.

Some say the gen ace batteries @ hobbypartz perform just as well, if not better than Hypes and TP. They are 5C charge capable and you can buy 2 for the price of 1 of the leading brands
I'm about to place a battery order with them now for some 3S & 4S. May try a couple gen ace this time.
Jul 01, 2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer
Con, seeing how trapped your Champ was in the E-tree it makes me think how lucky I was to have my T-28 narrowly escape the same fate !
Blu
I gotta tell you Blu I've had treed planes before but this one was a real pain. I think that because the Champ is small and light it was easier to get snagged up in the upper levels of the tree where a heavier plane would drop lower. Repairs continue.
Cheers
Con
PS does anyone use NineEagles 1s batteries in their Champs. If so how have you adapted the battery to fit the Champ battery plug. I've got a couple of these batteries and want to use them but they don't fit. Spent some time on the net this morning but cannot find either and adaptor or the right battery plug to make my own. Any ideas?
Last edited by con244; Jul 01, 2011 at 09:13 PM.
Jul 01, 2011, 09:53 PM
Tip stallin around town..
got the super cub tonight..i taxied it around my driveway a few times but that's as far as it went..very intimidated by the shear size of this bird..she seems really nice though i hope to maiden her soon
Jul 01, 2011, 10:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Hey all, just checking in. I wonder if they have a Sky battery that would be good for a plane like the Beast? You know, 2s 600+mah. haha. I have a couple of planes I need batteries for. I fly them now on a 500mah and 610mah. Gonna get the rest of the week off. Woot. Time to fix my rocker switch on the dx6i. Finish two experiments. Gotta charge the batteries. haha. Love this hobby. Happy Flyin all. Lee
Jul 01, 2011, 11:04 PM
Looking4Grass in AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad copter
got the super cub tonight..i taxied it around my driveway a few times but that's as far as it went..very intimidated by the shear size of this bird..she seems really nice though i hope to maiden her soon
Bigger means easier. It'll fly with zero effort.
Jul 01, 2011, 11:09 PM
Oh Yeah!
Anyone ever put a wing under the battery to make a biplane? I wonder if it would work.
Jul 02, 2011, 01:08 AM
Champs Anonymous Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg
Anyone ever put a wing under the battery to make a biplane? I wonder if it would work.
I think Mac did. I remember watching his youtube video. If i remember right, he did alot of purpoising.....let see if I can find it..

Hope ya dont mind Mac, but for the sake of research

Champ Biplane Fail (2 min 3 sec)
Jul 02, 2011, 01:13 AM
The lunatic is on the grass
Leethetreeguy also put a second wing on the belly of the champ....as well as tried a 2 motor wing!

bichamp experiment (5 min 5 sec)

Ridgewalker
Jul 02, 2011, 06:28 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg
some did a conversion as well by lowering a wing like Ba Ba Black sheep. something like that
Jul 02, 2011, 07:43 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
mMy Champ upload failed after 3 hours last night.
W T H, YouTube?

I checked my upload speed and it was fine. I reworked the file and got it down to 44MB, but it's STILL wanting 2 hours to upload!

I want to go fly, so I guess I'll just leave it running and see if it goes through this time.

It's a cool video because there are TWO Champs in WWI dogfight/fur ball flight for most of the vid. Then there's a surprise ending after the credit roll, hwich was pretty neat!

Alrighty then, I'm going flying.

OT:
BTW:
My stepkid got home from U of Miami summer music camp late last night (2am). He wanted to show me pics and tell me all about it. The kid was already awesome on guitar, but now after 2 weeks of jazz/rock immersion for 12 hours a day, he's going to be exceptional.
I'm proud of him and proud that I taught him to play.

He just turned 17 and his music teacher told me he's a "guitar prodigy" who will probably end-up in Berkeley School of Music in Boston.

I never told you guys this but I used to own a "School of Rock" and intro'd dozens of kids to rock music and steered them from Hip Hop and rap...because we need rock to survive!
Jul 02, 2011, 08:05 AM
Suspended Account
Maladroitfl.... not sure why you got youtube blues..........

not sure if you mention what file you convert o. not big worries either 3 hours I get 2 gbs up off a camera.

so ratehr me guess. you may not be correctly loading from pc.
Jul 02, 2011, 08:07 AM
Suspended Account
Happy 4th weekend All, did not fly today slept a lil longer, deserved it like Leethetreeguy...

so I grabbed the Real Champ and we went out, He flew like no other and all on Film care to see, allow som e time. titanium plate he is mor than a Six Million Dollar Dawg.

Lil things he hesitated, a big thing He went further the distance....

if you followed my video's you know what I am talkin about, but hey its my memories I am sharing and knowing 50 views one comment and nothing more.
Jul 02, 2011, 10:32 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
I wanted to sleep in today. But, the phone rang and woke me. Dang it. Oh well, I needed to get up and fix a rocker switch on my dx6i. Just finished. Charging batts right now as I type this. Gonna be a great day for me. I am off. Have supplies. Ok, I need to make one run to a store. Might just pack up all my planes and go somewhere to fly. Woot. Happy fourth all. Lee
Jul 02, 2011, 10:34 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Hey Astro, meant to say that I think your pilot is awesome. Good job! Did you ever get to fly that wing you made? I am gonna be flying mine soon. Maybe tomorrow. Lee

Quick Reply