Apr 21, 2011, 12:24 PM
Tip stallin around town..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
mistake
mr fishy you sure do make some great vids.i love it how you narrate it showing urself and the plane on film..great job buddy
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
Champs Anonymous Member
So just ordered mine and a 160 TP from HH. For 9 bucks I thought why not and plus ill be able to fly that much more until i get more packs
Apr 21, 2011, 01:14 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad copter View Post
mr fishy you sure do make some great vids.i love it how you narrate it showing urself and the plane on film..great job buddy
I am working on your mistake Bradcoptor a vid fo ya.

At given times I do?
Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 21, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
Apr 21, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hey guys.. I got an email from Hobbypartz today saying they have 3.7v sky lipos.. All different sizes 120-160-250 etc... Really good prices @ $3-4 each. And free shipping with $25 order... No pics of them yet but they should be the right shape and sizes.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/sky.html
Apr 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
I love HAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJOsik View Post
Im about to buy it, but i have been reading about mode 1 and mode 2. I want the left stick to be throttle and right stick to be rud and elev..so mode 2 correct? Im sure its standard in North America though right?
Hi GJOsik,

Yes pitch and turn are on the right stick with the transmitter switched to mode 2.
Switched to mode 1, the throttle is on the right stick, but since it's got a centering spring that's not very helpful unless you remove the spring.

Sandor
Apr 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schermvlieger View Post
Hi GJOsik,

Yes pitch and turn are on the right stick with the transmitter switched to mode 2.
Switched to mode 1, the throttle is on the right stick, but since it's got a centering spring that's not very helpful unless you remove the spring.

Sandor
Good that you said "turn" instead of rudder. From what I read, the rudder control on the DX6i is on the left with the throttle. But Champ uses the Aileron channel for rudder control (why?) so it works out as you said.
Apr 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
Suspended Account
FYI: if those who cannot get the video's in hope this helps a tad, no caffeen in me so I made more mistakes

Do not c/p the share link, only the ADRESS LINK above

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruZbAZohPP0
Last edited by fishycomics; Apr 21, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
Apr 21, 2011, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
FYI: if those who canotget the video's in hope this helps a tad, no caffeen in me so I made more mistakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruZbAZohPP0

Thanks fish, Good to know
Apr 21, 2011, 02:52 PM
NorCal Prop Buster
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM74 View Post
Good that you said "turn" instead of rudder. From what I read, the rudder control on the DX6i is on the left with the throttle. But Champ uses the Aileron channel for rudder control (why?) so it works out as you said.
I have my dx6i mixed so that Champs rudder works on both left and right sticks. This makes it easier when you fly a real 4 channel / aileron plane
Apr 21, 2011, 03:21 PM
Expert Aircraft Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
I have my dx6i mixed so that Champs rudder works on both left and right sticks. This makes it easier when you fly a real 4 channel / aileron plane
I just did this with my DX8 and will be trying it out tomorrow...
Apr 21, 2011, 04:05 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Thanks Fishy. That is what I was doing different. Lee
Apr 21, 2011, 04:27 PM
I love HAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM74 View Post
Yeah I chose my words carefully
Apr 21, 2011, 04:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Thanks Fishy. That is what I was doing different. Lee
Something so simple. we overlook the obvious. Always welcomed guys.
Apr 21, 2011, 07:10 PM
Has anyone put lights on the Champ yet?
Apr 21, 2011, 07:20 PM
I had 5mm lights on mine... They were to big and heavy.

I think bradcopter has a pretty nice light setup on his.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=6337

Quick Reply