Jan 14, 2013, 06:05 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Silver
I just picked up this little plane. Can anyone tell me if the plane is supposed to emit a continuous tone when the battery is connected? None of my other helicopters or my one other plane, make this noise. It binds just fine and does this with all batteries. Just wondering if it is normal.

Thanks!
If it's the tone I'm thinking of... it's just the servos. Try gently tugging the elevator or rudder pushrod and I bet it goes away. It's normal though.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 14, 2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49
If it's the tone I'm thinking of... it's just the servos. Try gently tugging the elevator or rudder pushrod and I bet it goes away. It's normal though.
I am familiar with noisy servos from various helicopters. This is not the servos. This is coming from the ESC as it is a continuous tonal beat, not a chattering like you'd hear from servos.

Thanks.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:16 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Silver
I am familiar with noisy servos from various helicopters. This is not the servos. This is coming from the ESC as it is a continuous tonal beat, not a chattering like you'd hear from servos.

Thanks.
I'm not talking about a chatter... I'm talking about a very faint high pitch whine or tone... it comes from the brick because that's where the servos are. Might not be what you're talking about, but when I move the pushrods taking pressure off one of the servos it goes away... not that it needs to go away... I just wanted to know where it was coming from.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:23 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Mine constantly does have a sound.. as does my F4u, and my SU-26xp.. It's a mix between a faint buzzing and a faint high pitched tone..
Jan 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
The noise you hear are the servo(s) seeking zero point. It is fine.
Jan 14, 2013, 09:35 PM
┌∩┐(⋟﹏⋞)┌∩┐ The FAA
Hey Lee, I just thought about this, but the new club we have established up here will probably be having an open house, so to speak, where non members can come and fly on that day (maybe days, we haven't set anything in stone.) Anyways, i just thought of that, and you would be more than welcome to come visit us up in the mountains! (If it ever dries out)
Jan 14, 2013, 11:02 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Man, that sounds great! But, I havn't been up your way in a lonnnnggggg time. haha. Have fun though. Lee
Jan 14, 2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the comments. Moving the servos and pushrods does not change the sound. I cannot get it to go away without pulling the battery. That others hear it is good. As I said, I have never heard this kind of noise on any helicopter including those with very noisy servos (e.g. mCPX).
Jan 14, 2013, 11:10 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
I have a few copters and planes. Trust me, it is the servo(s) trying to find center. It is fine.
Lee
Jan 15, 2013, 06:17 AM
Like a Tortoise
I do no lile the gear jitter?

Micro servo, and pressure are quite common, and that is the noise you hear when it has more pressure to one side, than the other. You do not want to be lubing, or applying grease, that will only gather unwanted material and we all know will cause an issue?

When you fly its all forgotten

added note, just the electronics alone, excluding motor. Normal to hear a slight buzz.
Last edited by hare; Jan 15, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Jan 15, 2013, 10:41 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
The only thing from the LHS I didn't own was an airplane and there is a coupon out there for the Champ that made it $75. So now I have a Champ and I have to say that this little guy is a lot of fun. We flew about 1/2 hour on the first day and then my son hit a fence and snapped off the wing. A little foam safe CA with activator and some packing tape later and this guy was flying like new. Sure the nose is a little pushed in and there was one nose dive right into the ground, but it still works and it looks like I will get a little flying time in tonight too while it is still warm out.

My son like making videos when he tries something new. He rambles a little bit and his flights are short, but he has a lot of fun with RC.

http://youtu.be/6nKtPWSoTHY
That was fun to watch. Your Son looks like a "natural" on the sticks. He just need's more time and (may i suggest) a lot more fly area without trees and other obstacles. Thanks for sharing. Yes, a great little plane. Welcome to the thread.

Mike.
Jan 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
Both my Champ and T-28 do a noise.. in the T-28 it even looks like morse code
Jan 16, 2013, 10:16 AM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
That was fun to watch. Your Son looks like a "natural" on the sticks. He just need's more time and (may i suggest) a lot more fly area without trees and other obstacles. Thanks for sharing. Yes, a great little plane. Welcome to the thread.

Mike.
He does have his own mCX2 heli, an mQX quad, a Venom Gambler SC truck and a Traxxas Blast boat so he gets plenty of practice with different kinds for controls. With the wind and the weather this fall, we bought the Phoenix Flight Sim and he uses my DX6i, but he feels it is too big for him. I think I have to get a small neck strap made for him so he feels more comfortable with it.

I also think he gets nervous when the camera is on. He had the Champ high above court circling the park at one point. When our regular park is dry, there is a huge wide open space to fly on. It just has to be dry or you lose a shoe.

I did notice our prop shaft was bent yesterday so I picked one up and replaced with. I do like how easy it is to replace parts and repair the foam on this. It was good practice for when I destroyed my GP F-86 micro jet on it's initial flight yesterday. I don't think I am ready for jets yet. It moved a lot faster than I expected. Broke the right wing and tail into pieces, but it was all back together 15 minutes after I got home. It snowed last night, but when it melts I will be back out there trying again. I better get some time on the sim before that.
Jan 16, 2013, 12:39 PM
What amp rate can the Champs battery be charged at using the eflite variable rate charger?

Thanks!
Jan 16, 2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennist73
What amp rate can the Champs battery be charged at using the eflite variable rate charger?

Thanks!
If you charge only one i wouldnt go over 200mAh ..
If you are not in a hurry 100mAh is perfect..
If you have more than one battery you can use one of those "octopus" adaptors that allow to charge up to 6 batteries at same time.. you have to sum the capacities of all batteries and they should be at similar charge levels, and adjut the charge rate at close to that (or better lower)

for example.. if you charge 5 X 160mAh packs, is 5X160 = 800mAh , charge set to 800mAh, or 500/600 if not in hurry .. the softer you charge them the longer they will last (in total battery life, not in flight)

Quick Reply