Old Mar 24, 2010, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by Terry Glenn
i can't learn fast enough
Discussion

Hand thrown Gliders for Kids

Hi all:
Well spring is almost upon us, and my grandkids have taken a liking to some of my planes.
I was wondering if you all might know of some hand thrown gliders that the kids could fly.
I have a bunch of blue foam 1/4inch, and would like to build a couple for easter baskets.

Both hand throws and rubber band sling shot types.
Thanks again
Terry
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:21 PM
Find More Posts by Filthybeast
2 left thumbs!
look in this thread-https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=gliders
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by Broken Bottle
I made one for my nephew. It was made from plans for the Blu-Baby just slightly profiled. It flew well after it was balanced right. It didn't last long though(he bit it when I went to grab my camera.)
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:17 PM
Find More Posts by Army Dad
Terry try these I have made both for my grand kids and they love them.

Rick
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:50 PM
Find More Posts by kf2qd

Egg carton gliders

The top from an egg carton makes a real nice glider - cut it of straight at the back edge just at teh edge of the curve, and sweep back the leading edges with a bit of the down sweep at the tips and weight it with a penny. Have made them from 12 count and 18 count cartons. Nothing very critical, may have to add a bit of reflex in the trailing edge. Cut them with a sharp pair of scissors.

Pete
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by mudman1959
Live to fly... Fly to live

Check these...

I built the Komet for my Grand Daughter and she still plays with it... It will fly a good 40 feet or more... Mudman1959

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1158289