to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by SpeedsterDEN
DS will change your life
Ok, now I done it.

Sorry
Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by brucetheoutlaw
Hello everyone, Can I use G3.5 planes in G5.5? I need a X-1. thanks in advance, Bruce
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:37 AM
Find More Posts by badpilotto
BadPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN View Post
Ok, now I done it.

Sorry
Speedster,

you figured that out quickly, lol. Sorry I couldn't help out.

John
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:38 AM
BadPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucetheoutlaw View Post
Hello everyone, Can I use G3.5 planes in G5.5? I need a X-1. thanks in advance, Bruce
Bruce,

I have many G3.5 planes that I use with G5.5.

John
Old Nov 29, 2010, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by brucetheoutlaw
Can someone point me to a how to install swap files in 5.5 I have found the X-1!
Old Dec 05, 2010, 03:28 PM
Find More Posts by pogopopper

why is G3 mo betta than G5?

Short story. My old computer died, got a new one, Installed old G3 upgraded to G.5. It was like a whole new simulator. I could see the plane in the distance for the first time.
Got G5 upgraded to G5.5 but I can not see the plane in the distance, as well as I can on G3.5

P.S (wished I would have known to wait for the 5.5 disc because it takes an hour to upgrade online) .

PC HP HPE-410f
AMD Phoenom ll 1045 Six-Core processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series graphics card with 1GB DDR dedicated graphics memory
8 GB DDR3 System memory
1 Terabyte hard drive.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 07:28 AM
BadPilot
Pogopoper,

There isn't anything wrong with G3.5, that was my first sim. I purchased G5 due to the control unit on my G3.5 unit broke. I didn't have to get new I could have used my Futaba or JR radio to control it but I wanted to try the multiplayer function. Nothing like a game of combat flying to wake you up in the morning.

John
Old Dec 06, 2010, 07:31 AM
BadPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucetheoutlaw View Post
Can someone point me to a how to install swap files in 5.5 I have found the X-1!
This is from memory so I could be off a bit, but on the top task bar there is a import function under the same tab as changing your airfields. Don't kick my if it is under the second one...

John
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by sean.belardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by badpilotto View Post
Sean,

When I first upgraded I had the same problem. I deleted and reinstalled the program and updates several times. I found the problem to be the website when downloading updates. It would allow the download sometimes but not others. I finally reloaded the program and all updates in the middle of the night; it seemed to work best when there was not much traffic on the knifeedge website. Hope that bit of info is helpful and works for you.

John
Thanks for the intel. I eventually called RealFlight HQ and they helped me fix the problem. Turned out I had to fiddle with my audio settings. I think I had to change my audio from mono to stereo or vice versa, i can't remember.

-Sean
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:57 PM
BadPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.belardo View Post
Thanks for the intel. I eventually called RealFlight HQ and they helped me fix the problem. Turned out I had to fiddle with my audio settings. I think I had to change my audio from mono to stereo or vice versa, i can't remember.

-Sean
If what I posted helped, you very welcome. What is seems is I didn't help at all..... Sorry! When I stated this thread I thought others who know more then me would add in to help with Realflight issues. The only problem is that not many people come here to help and, HECK, I sure do not have much experience with Realflight accept for what I have solved.

Thank you for at least stating what the problem was and how it was resolved.

John
Old Jan 09, 2011, 12:42 PM
Find More Posts by jblloyd
I have a strange multi-player problem. Whenever I log into a multi-player session, I can see the host and the host can see me but I cannot see any of the other players and they cannot see me. Does anyone have an idea on how to correct this? Thanks ....
Old Jan 09, 2011, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by LAdams
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogopopper View Post
Short story. My old computer died, got a new one, Installed old G3 upgraded to G.5. It was like a whole new simulator. I could see the plane in the distance for the first time.
Got G5 upgraded to G5.5 but I can not see the plane in the distance, as well as I can on G3.5

P.S (wished I would have known to wait for the 5.5 disc because it takes an hour to upgrade online) .

PC HP HPE-410f
AMD Phoenom ll 1045 Six-Core processor
ATI Radeon HD 5570 Series graphics card with 1GB DDR dedicated graphics memory
8 GB DDR3 System memory
1 Terabyte hard drive.
I bet you need to force RF to use antialiasing. Try using your video card's control panel to set up a profile for RF and force AA on to 8x or so, that helps a TON with seeing the plane waaay off into the distance.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by ferdous7466
ddd
Last edited by ferdous7466; Feb 03, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 06:29 PM
Find More Posts by Safety Hawk
Here We Go!
Can you install RF 5.5 on more than one computer? I mean, you need to have the tx for it to work anyhow. Reason I ask is I just got a new computer, and I want to install it on the new computer.....but I don't want it uninstall it from the old one just yet, since it works fine on there, only to find out it doesn't work worth a flip on the new one.