Mar 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Horizon Hobby's 2010 New Release PZ Extra 300 & E-Flite LR-1A Pogo

A couple of weeks back, I was lucky enough to get an invite to meet Dave Eichstedt from Horizon Hobbies, when he visited Australia, had no idea why me ,but I wasn't going to miss out on meeting one of the great team members from Horizon who actually comes onto our web sites to help the members, as well as inform us of Horizon Hobby releases, so after a few PM's, I had the info on where to meet him and the Australian Importer Mike O'Reilly and he informed me they were going to fly a couple of the 2010 new releases from Horizon Hobby

so when the timer arrived, it was off to the field to see this year's new release from Parkzone and E-Flite and I wasn't disappointed, they had the new Parkzone Extra300 and E-Flite LR-1A Pogo, both planes blew me away with quality of build and just the outright performance from both machines, truly awesome

I saw and filmed the first flight in Australia of the new Parkzone Extra 300 and I can tell you it is a beauty, really well built and fast!

it will also be selling at the same price bracket as the T-28D about $330 (Aud) for the BNF for those that already own a PZ foamy this would have to be the best built yet, I think they really have been listening to what the people have been saying and the build quality of this plane is outstanding

It has a size 15 motor and is a "New One" addressing the problem with the old 15 motor, it also has a thick wing spar and the way it joins the wing to the fuse, I don't think they are going to budge

A new bigger magnet to hold the canopy on, so no matter what you're doing to the plane, it won't come off, also something I noticed that was real sweet, was the sound from this setup, it sounds like a high performance V12 not the rumble of a V8 yes this thing looks "Very Nice"

I also filmed the new E-Flite LR-1A Pogo, and I tell you what, speed freaks "Hang On To Ya Hats" this is a real nice FAST! aircraft. It comes ready to fit a 15 power motor but there's an optional 25 for it and that's what this test plane had it was so fast my camera had trouble keeping focus, just as I did following it speeds of up to 170kph can be expected with this set up and having looked at my footage where you can see it, the sound is "Powerful!" again this product is very well built and finished, it looked very nice. Dave was telling us that in the USA they are going to start a Pylon Racing Series, where you can only use these airframes, they expect this plane to turn Pylon Racing's eye's

sorry didn't get any shots on the camera of this one as I was busy with the movie cam, but there is plenty of info and footage in the movie to give you a good look at this plane

I was also lucky enough to film the ParkZone Habu but you have all seen that one it still was a very nice plane to see fly, as personally I have never seen a jet up close like that. The PZ Habu was again a nice flier, and could do slow passes or eat the sky up with that great fan jet sound Just wait till you hear it in the movie

now the new Transmitters that have been spoken off, are a reality too and they will be SD card ready, opening up a whole new world of possibilities, one of which is: Horizon will ship a Plane/Heli with a SD card fully loaded with all the setting, just pop the card into your Tx, load it and bingo! your planes all set up to do anything you want. Just think, setting for those first flights, down to setting for adding Aileron to Rudder, Elevator to Flaps anything is possible with this new system and you can't go wrong as it will all be set up by an expert at the Horizon

As for the 2010 micros I think we might see a few of these pop up throughout the year although I couldn't get anything definite on numbers/makes/country of origin etc, out of Dave gee they have trained him well back at HH Headquarters Oh! there's some other good stuff coming later too

well that's it for now So sit back and enjoy 10 minutes, with all the info from Dave Eichstedt and the Australian Importer Mike O'Reilly about these 2 new planes from Horizon Hobby

I'd also like to just thank Dave for inviting me to this great afternoon of surprises, i really enjoyed myself, and was on a natural high for the past week having to keep all this to myself

Cheers Chuck

PS, Sorry about the quality of some of the footage, but this was my first time filming planes like this, I am usually filming fishing, in my boat with a wide angle lens, not zoomed to the max

PSS, double click on the movie and watch it full screen, much better

Horizon Hobby's New PZ Extra 300 & E-Flite LR-1A Pogo (10 min 0 sec)
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Mar 29, 2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: correct wrong info about pogo motor
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2010, 10:16 PM
Very nice!
I really like that Extra, although I would have preferred the 330SC but who can complain. That is one NICE looking foam model!

HT
Mar 22, 2010, 10:39 PM
Capitalist
Alright Dave, Next time your back in Redding I'll take ya wakeboarding if you wanna come out to my field and fly
Mar 23, 2010, 03:03 AM
Retired
Looks awsome, love the parkzone products. Quality stuff. The Extra just might be my next plane, Getting ready to maiden my Habu soon. Been sitting on it since wife surprised me for Christmas with it. Waited for nice weather, time has come. These guys at Horizon are just after all my X-tra cash!
Mar 23, 2010, 03:12 AM
Registered Drug Free
Cheers, Chuck thanks for sharing,

Mike.
Mar 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
Mc-Fly
Nice work Chuck, both look like sweet planes.
Mar 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
globemaster
just what I needed

MORE NICE PLANES!!! and NOT enough $$$$ funds

BTW:
They look awesome!!
Mar 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
Full throttle and supersonic!
Very, very nice!

Tim
Mar 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
Grounded Pilot
Very good looking planes and HH is for sure recognizing what the foam heads amongst us are looking for. If I can sneek one passt home security, then I will get the 300. I am sure the wife would want me to sell off a full squadron from my hanger first.
Last edited by IIIBonesAirForce; Mar 23, 2010 at 08:44 PM.
Mar 25, 2010, 05:49 PM
Wow Chuck great work and excellent coverage!! Thanks a million

PS. Di you male it out of there with the 300?
Mar 26, 2010, 09:30 AM
The sky is my playground.
WOW!! Nice work from Team Horizon!
Mar 26, 2010, 12:22 PM
Go Hawks!
looks like the pogo will fit in nicely with my other sport racers!
Mar 27, 2010, 11:56 AM
Defender of the park sky
I'm liking that PZ Extra! She has nice vertical! Very clean knife edge on that flight also. Might be the right bird to make me look like a better pilot than I am!
Mar 27, 2010, 02:50 PM
Those are great looking planes. Looks like you had a great time.
The 300 is very cool looking..
I was just on Red Rockets website lookin around and spotted a new HZ Champ foamy. Looks like it will be a nice little plane. They are pre-orders only and won't be available until mid May supposedly, but I'm thinkin for the price I may have to pick one of those up.
I was going to post a pic and info, but I'm an idiot with computers and couldn't figure out how to do it
Mar 27, 2010, 07:02 PM
I wish they would make a BNF version of the Pogo...

Quick Reply