Old Mar 22, 2010, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by flyer2004
Discussion

Passport LiPo 6S Charger by Dynamite

Anyone tried one of these?

4 amp, 50watts!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4065

They also have this one which looks great, 10 amp, 100 watts!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN4064
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
Think about what a 50 watt limit really means... on a 3-cell Lipo the max charge is 12.6V, so your max charge rate is 3.9 amps... pretty ok, but go bigger than 3-cells and your amp limit is severely reduced. Personally, I think budget chargers are a safety issue and should be avoided.

Look at this one... 250 watt limit - already $50 less than I got for a year ago...
http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=4633

And with much more control and monitoring features, as well as charging all types of batteries, discharging, balancing, temp sensor, etc...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:59 PM
Find More Posts by flyer2004
Jasmine,

That's a good looking charger indead, I would rather make a good investment, then buy something I would outgrow soon.

Some have recomended buy chargers off of HobbyKing. My only problem is that I have no experience with buying products from them.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
I try to avoid the bargain basement. Your charger is a safety device - I don't like to be cheap when it comes to that kind of thing. I've heard of chargers which over-charge and cause other issues, and I just don't like to take any chances. Even when using a high quality charger, you still have to take precautions and monitor the process. A charger that doesn't tell you what's going on is a pretty bad thing - most good ones read out the current voltage and how many mAh has gone in (which is helpful when figuring flight times).
Old May 28, 2010, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by PARALYZER
I have one of these. Just purchased today. Haven't really tried it yet. Kinda wonderin somethin, lol. Do u connect both the charge lead and say the ec3 connector on the battery to this charger. I am a bit of a noob but I tried with just the charge lead and either that was wrong and I did something wrong or, the charger is at fault. I read the directions but they only show an example with deans connectors. Not sure if its the same with the Parkzone type ec3 connectors. I just don't want to cause a fire. I plan on leaving it next to a jug of gasoline unattended for an hour or so, lol. Just kiddin. thanks for any help.
Old May 29, 2010, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by PARALYZER
Nevermind, I found out. You do have to plug both in.