Mar 28, 2010, 02:01 PM
Don, I hate I missed you this morning. You should build yourself something like a "Blue Albacorde" for these windy days. Swept wings handle the wind better than straight wings and the shape of the BA just laughs at the wind and cuts right through it. It's a very simple build also. Oh, and it will roll like a drill.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2010, 04:59 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
Ha, Joe and I got there early and left around 9 ish
Mar 28, 2010, 05:03 PM
Well don't that suck!! Sounds like we all missed each other today. Oh well, at least I got to fly a bit.
Mar 28, 2010, 07:52 PM
beemerdon
That's funny that we all got there at different times.

Flatulator, I have a Polaris and a Sea Dart here hanging in the garage that I am still afraid to fly. I tried the Polaris in the snow one day and haven't gotten the brown stain out of my undies yet! I built the Funder to sort of transition me into faster, more maneuverable planes and it is helping a lot. In fact, I did like you said and made this a "build" day and started cutting out foam for a new Funder, even tho the first one is still in *good* shape. I'm gonna try to make it a tad lighter so it will float into the 'grass' at the Outlaw site.

What planes did you fly today?

Don
Mar 28, 2010, 08:59 PM
I flew the little green "Ugly" I posted above, my old Superfly, and the XPD-8 edf plane I got from Russell (HELIRLC). I had my new Superfly and one of the bipes Ron (VICEROY) built, but since no one else was around, I decided to head on over to church to sit in Sunday school with my wife.
That's a very good idea to build another, lighter F&L. If I were you, I would keep it as light as possible and use that one to practice your flying skills. If you crash it, then just build another.
Mar 29, 2010, 07:14 AM
I need to get out there and check out some of these scratch builts, they sound like they fly great.
Mar 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
Anyone fly at this location during the week, like after work?
Mar 29, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hi guys, I just received my new "keychain" video camera today and it's small enough to mount on just about all of my planes. Here is the link. Just $12 and arrived at my door in just a week from China! I just added my micro sd card and charged it up. It really was too windy for my Nutball today, but I wanted to show you what good quality video it takes. My mount was wobbly so the video has a "wavy" look to it, but I will remedy that in my next video.
keychain camera test (0 min 56 sec)
Mar 29, 2010, 08:58 PM
Ok, the wind died down a little after dinner so I mounted the keychain camera to the front of my Superfly and took some more video. I edited out most of the "yank & bank" to keep you guys from having to reach for the Dramamine and to keep it short. As you can see, the camera takes great video when it's mounted securely. Youtube's video processing reduces the quality quite a bit. It's much better on my pc. I could've made a better landing though

keychain video camera test 2 (0 min 38 sec)
Mar 29, 2010, 09:23 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
Man, that video looks realgood for 15$... ain't technology great??
Mar 30, 2010, 07:02 AM
Spring time, planes bloom
Thread OP
Very cool, that was a perfect landing to me, aimed at the center of the bush.
Mar 30, 2010, 07:18 AM
Well done on the video...wonder if camera is too big for an ultra micro? For 15 bucks with a try. ;-)
Mar 30, 2010, 07:32 AM
Micro SD cards correct?
Mar 30, 2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwowheels
Anyone fly at this location during the week, like after work?
Yes, no, maybe?
Mar 30, 2010, 08:26 AM
beemerdon
I got in a couple of flights yesterday over at the middle school. It was almost too windy but the Funder did pretty well. The flags were flapping from 45 degrees to straight out.

Flat, how did you mount the camera for the second flite? I did mine with Velcro only and it had the 'wavy' effect like your first video. What editor did you use? I carry my keychain camera in my pocket with me at all times now, just in case!

Don

Quick Reply