Mar 19, 2010, 12:31 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

flight simulator x from microsoft

Hi

maybe a strange question but has anyone tried to see if "FS X" is realistic for rc planes/heli's (when using the real heli's/planes in this game of course.)?

just curiosity
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hey,

FSX is awesome for commercial airliners and pretty reasonable for GA stuff but RC...forget it. FSX's flight model is very poor and cannot model a tip stall and spin at all - for any plane.

Ade.
Mar 26, 2010, 02:26 AM
No it is not.....

Now that i have tried both (been using FS for ~1500 hours) i know that i was wrong when i thought that FS could help me in the world of RC...

FS is for other circumstances...
Mar 27, 2010, 08:31 AM
X-Plane does RC semi reasonably. I use it to test new foamie designs, and can easily run it with a simulator controller. Its a little hard to setup the power system, since it works in hp, not watts, but not impossible. It even has a stationary runway view for simulating RC flight. It doesn't do hand launching however.

Its really easy to prototype planes in it, and a little work to make them look good.
Mar 31, 2010, 09:16 PM
While I do own, and fly Real Flight G-5, I am considering picking up a copy of Microsofts Flight Simulator X, for full size stuff.

Does anyone here know if it can be used with an older Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick ?

Thanks > zak

Quick Reply