Best sport plane award at Chilliwack Spring Fly In - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 29, 2003, 01:47 AM
BEC
BEC

Best sport plane award at Chilliwack Spring Fly In

I was completely taken aback to be awarded the "Best Sport Plane" award at the spring Chilliwack, BC Electric Fly-In this past weekend for my little Mountain Models Dandy Sport. I guess 30+ minute aerobatic flights - even with my modest skills on the sticks - got some folks' attention - or at least the judges (whoever they were).

Anyway, here's a static shot of the plane with the trophy, and a flyby showing both the beauty of the area around the flying site and the budding photographic skills of my 9-year-old daughter, Barbara.

Oh - for those who want facts and figures: Mountain Models Dandy Sport kit pretty much stock (I made the h-stab removable). Power is an Astro 010 in a GWS 4.43:1 gearbox, turning an APC 10X7SF, controlled by a Castle Phoenix-10 an power supplied by a 3s1p pack of E-Tec 1200s. All up weight as shown, 11.1 ounces. Typical flight times are 40 minutes, with the ability to climb straight up present for the first 30 minutes. I am really enjoying this little thing.
to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2003, 04:48 AM
wild in the park?
Congrats!
Nice looking model...

- Bil
May 29, 2003, 10:45 AM
Scott Summersgill
Hey looks good Bernard. I sure wish I could have attended as I really enjoyed last years event. Problem is, my drive is a little longer than it used to be.

C-ya,
Scott
May 29, 2003, 03:44 PM
Spittin' Sparx forever...
Bernard was astounded when he received the award and was wished well by everyone who attendede. Good on ya Bernard...

DougB
May 29, 2003, 05:33 PM
www.toddsmodels.com
That's a pretty cool looking trophy, can you take a picture of it?

Todd
May 29, 2003, 10:58 PM
Crash Master
Congratulations Bernard. Some folks really are impressed with stamina, huh? I know I can't stay serious that long... My neck gets sore, too.
May 30, 2003, 02:21 AM
BEC
BEC
That's one of the real beauties of this plane - it's an easy enough flyer that I can carry on a conversation while flying it with no worries. And that doesn't just mean cruising around, either .
Jun 01, 2003, 10:07 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Congrats Bernard! That's awesome! I've got to admit, you do look pretty shocked in that picture Doug posted
Jun 01, 2003, 10:43 PM
Just an average RC'er
Congrats! Must have been some SERIOUS flying to win that award. Impressive! You should email Doug.

-Jim