Aug 15, 2021, 09:57 PM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Through our local GN club, I found a couple stations that still have 100 octane unleaded & 110 octane leaded race gas at the pump. Perfect for hunting exoticars with my GN.

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2021, 10:42 PM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Went to our August Minnesota GN & T-Type club get-together tonight at one of the few real drive-in restaurants left in the metro - which was postponed from Sat night due to wx.

1st pic:

Mine's the 3rd car in (1st '87 Grand National). 1st one is the ultra-rare turbo Buick-powered 1989 Turbo Trans Am Indy pace car. 2nd one is an '87 Regal T-Type, which has all of the GN's go-fast stuff, but was available in colors other than black. 4th one is another T-type (with the rare T-top roof option). 5th one is an '86 GN.

2nd pic:

These guys also showed up!

Joel
Aug 31, 2021, 03:17 AM
Fantastic.
Sep 08, 2021, 12:07 PM
I just picked this up a few weeks ago and spent some time detailing her . Shes a '65 Volvo 122S

Sep 08, 2021, 01:03 PM
Nice and cherry looking.
Sep 08, 2021, 01:48 PM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Sweet Volvo! Older friend of mine had a '65 back when I was in high-school.

Joel
Sep 14, 2021, 02:49 PM
Thanks needs a little bit of work but otherwise just fun to drive
Sep 27, 2021, 12:36 AM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Check out this cool 1941 Dodge WD-21 1 ton pickup! Saw it in Wykoff, MN when I pulled into town for our gig yesterday afternoon & just had to get a few pics. Met the owner. Said his dad bought it new & it's been in the family ever since. Said it pulled a hay trailer for a living back in the day. (Ya, you can stop in the middle of the street, get out & take pics in a town with a population of just over 400. )

Joel
Sep 29, 2021, 03:05 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Compound curves on compound curves between that Volvo and the Dodge. Love some proper auto styling.

I don't have anything real special, but my little beater Benz has survived well over 15,000 miles of "spirited" daily duty. The electric roof cost $0 to fix and has worked great all summer (and now into fall). Overall it's like somebody hammered a comfy sedan down to the size of a golf cart and then bred it with an S2K.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm not the one who absorbed $40,000 of depreciation, but I have nothing bad to say about the bone-stock performance. Plenty of local boy racers have had their guts handed to them by a debadged convertible with heated seats. The body rolls all over the place, but man, the wheels stay planted.
Sep 30, 2021, 07:07 AM
Speed Demon
I've been keeping an eye out, looking for an RV to tow my toy car 2000 miles to a 50yr get together next year. I didn't expect to find anything so soon but I fell upon this deal that I just couldn't pass up! I almost didn't respond to the Craigslist ad with all the phonies out there but figured I'd text the owner and see what transpired. Dude texted me back immediately and said "The 1st $1200 cash takes it!" It turns out he inherited this, a house, a car, and a boat that past week and was liquidating everything quickly.

I drove the 100 miles up there early the next morning fully expecting a scam or it to be already gone, but I thought if nothing else it would make a nice drive up through the wine country. It turns out I was the 1st one there and there were several calls/texts the guy got while I was looking it over. I told him that if he'd go to DMV with me to transfer registration I'd give him the cash and he did so I'm now an RV owner!

It's a 1990 27' Fleetwood Southwind with only 26,000 miles on it. This thing has a 454 Chevy engine in it and I can't believe the power it has, it should do the job nicely! Of course I'm expecting a healthy fuel bill each time I take an excursion but the wife loves it (already has redecorations going) and I'm all set. Can't wait for our 1st trip! Now I have to keep an eye open for a nice deal on an enclosed trailer.
Oct 08, 2021, 01:04 PM
Flying @ G/L is fun!
Big car gathering this afternoon/evening here in the 'Cities.

El Loro restaurant in Bloomington, MN hosts a Fri night car show from Apr 30th all the way through Oct 31st. Music & lots of stuff going on. They have room for over 800 cars! Unfortunately - they just announced that they're closing their doors for good on 10/11. The land has been sold to an apartment complex development company, so they have to rebuild at a new location.

So...after 7 years of hosting the weekly car show, tonight & tomorrow will be the last car gathering at their current location. Should be a huge turnout as long as the rain stays away.

I'll be showing up at around 4-4:30 PM with my GN.

Also - there's the Fri nite Lyndale Ave Cruise that starts @ the El Loro parking lot. Goes from 6-9 PM. I'll definitely be doing the curbside crawl! Don't have to look for action - every time I take the black beast out for a cruise, at least 5-10 people challenge me to a stoplight race - even in the middle of the day during the middle of the week when I'm just getting groceries. I'm sure I'll get lots of challenges tonite!

Joel
Oct 09, 2021, 09:29 PM
Speed Demon
Duplicate oops need deleted
Last edited by GregG; Oct 12, 2021 at 09:19 AM.
Oct 29, 2021, 09:28 AM
I think I go fly
Thread OP

Great Shots

My dad had a 57 red vet with no radio it was 19 bucks a month mom wanted to kill him he said lol

This is my 69 Westfallia Camper not very hot unless your out in the desert but still draws a crows after 50 years!

Cheers

Mike

Quick Reply