May 24, 2020, 10:47 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Been working on my 200SX this weekend. Satisfying work, too. The acrylic rear window is bolted in better and properly silicone-sealed, and now has the original trim piece wrapped around it after a three-year absence. It almost looks professional

The best discovery is the exhaust manifold nuts. I always assumed they'd be rusted solid on the studs, but today I pulled away the heat shield and put a wrench on them. All eight popped loose and turned, no struggle. The top four aren't even rusty (!) after 22 years and 180k miles under the hood of a hard-driven winter beater. Total win.

Knowing those nuts will turn, she's earned a cheap stainless 4-2-1 header
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2020, 03:55 PM

Fast Rides during the mid 60's

Brother got a Fiat 600 (why I'll never know) that happened to have an Abarth exhaust system already installed. He added a Stromberg 81 or was it a 94??, 2 barrel carb with a home made mechanical progressive linkage. One barrel operation until ~75% throttle movement then the second barrel opened up quickly. My 1950 Crosley Station Wagon could still take him 0-60 but he sure waxed me in the turns. Ah Memories.
Cheers
Dave
Jun 28, 2020, 01:20 AM
Speed Demon
Newest edition to our fleet. Not sure what year or make but it's a 15 1/2' low profile fun boat for the lake we live on (Lake Alhambra).

The difference is this one is ELECTRIC Powered! Yes it has a motor for power and 4 - 6V golf cart batteries running it. This is the 1st I've ever seen of something like this and I can't find it in any search as it has zero numbers anywhere on it.

Can you tell me what it is?

New Boat on Lake Alhambra (0 min 2 sec)
Jun 28, 2020, 09:37 AM
@GregG, that is very interesting. What sort of run time does it get? Speed? Pull a skier?
Jun 28, 2020, 04:10 PM
Greg G, that's pretty OK. So maybe someone disassembled a golf cart as a donor vehicle?, or maybe it's all original.
Slap some flexible solar cells on that Bimini and you might be able to go all day, maybe?
Cheers
Dave
Jul 22, 2020, 01:01 PM

Fastest & Slowest Machines I've owned

Just two images of the fastest and the slowest machines I have owned to date. Who knows what the morrow will bring?
Cheers
Dave
Last edited by KP6BGUY; Jul 22, 2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: speller
Jul 22, 2020, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP6BGUY
Just two images of the fastest and the slowest machines I have owned to date. Who knows what the morrow will bring?
Cheers
Dave

Love those Urals. Always wanted one.
Oct 02, 2020, 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
Here are two of my rides. I bought both brand new. I am loving the 392 Hemi and 6 speed in the Challenger. I picked it up Nov. 2nd. It cost me less to buy new than they were asking for used ones
They look spectacular
Oct 04, 2020, 06:37 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KP6BGUY
Brother got a Fiat 600 (why I'll never know) that happened to have an Abarth exhaust system already installed. He added a Stromberg 81 or was it a 94??, 2 barrel carb with a home made mechanical progressive linkage. One barrel operation until ~75% throttle movement then the second barrel opened up quickly. My 1950 Crosley Station Wagon could still take him 0-60 but he sure waxed me in the turns. Ah Memories.
Cheers
Dave
Cool!

Got my license when I turned 16 in 1972. First couple of cars I had were major dogs. Ford 260 2-barrel/low-compression V8s w/2-speed Fordamatic trannys. But then I got a Buick 425 nailhead Super Wildcat engine w/factory dual-quads & 10.25:1 compression, and dropped it into a '63 LeSabre. Was a serious sleeper. Did 0-60 MPH in the mid/high 5 sec range depending upon the wx, and top-end was over 140 MPH!

Joel
Latest blog entry: Eflite 2.1m Carbon-Z Cub SS

Quick Reply